The Metallica Vinyl Club

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
interesting. PJ ends theirs, Metallica starts theirs. 

https://www.metallica.com/vinyl-club.html
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    $55 for 4 45s. yikes.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    And cut at 33.3 rpm. sweet deal.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    the shipping killed it for me. came out to $90 US, so I skipped it. now watch they'll issue a 45 with tracks recorded in Winnipeg and I'll be paying through the nose for it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    the shipping killed it for me. came out to $90 US, so I skipped it. now watch they'll issue a 45 with tracks recorded in Winnipeg and I'll be paying through the nose for it. 
    Wow. I was having technical difficulties and couldn't even get to the shipping part. The $90 total pretty much seals the deal as an easy pass for me.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Wow. I was having technical difficulties and couldn't even get to the shipping part. The $90 total pretty much seals the deal as an easy pass for me.
    if I knew it was studio rarities, I'd be all over it. but metallica have historically been a band that releases live tracks and calls them "b-sides", which is a big yawn to me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    if I knew it was studio rarities, I'd be all over it. but metallica have historically been a band that releases live tracks and calls them "b-sides", which is a big yawn to me. 
    They have a shit ton of rough takes and alt versions.

Ron McGuvny has a ton of it on tape.  He used to bring stuff to KNAC for Mandatory Metallica nights.  Heard some really cool stuff.
  • ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 142
    I priced out the difference in price for shipping between the 4 shipments per year and the one shipment per year options. The 4/year was a little over $19 and for one shipment it was about $6.50. I live in South Dakota, so I'm sure it varies.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    If can't do the 4 - 7" records. I will listen to them once, then they will go on a shelf. I really wish it was for 12" records. I'd have been all in at that point, even if it was $55 a quarter.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    ultrapig said:
    I priced out the difference in price for shipping between the 4 shipments per year and the one shipment per year options. The 4/year was a little over $19 and for one shipment it was about $6.50. I live in South Dakota, so I'm sure it varies.
    That's what it was for me in FL, too. I opted for the 1 shipment option.
  • CloneClone UK Posts: 140
    The new one is up now, shipping priced me out of it.
    Shame, I did enjoy them this year.
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    If can't do the 4 - 7" records. I will listen to them once, then they will go on a shelf. I really wish it was for 12" records. I'd have been all in at that point, even if it was $55 a quarter.
    The 2022 subscription year will be on 12" vinyl at 45rpm. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Tell me you will spend 2022 celebrating LOAD and you can have my credit card right now.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I paid through the nose for the Chris Cornell covers 7" so I regret not buying this last year.  On the flip side I wasn't really that interested in the other 3, so what are the odds the randomly put something in that I really really want 2 years in a row?