auto draft "feature" is a problem.......

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
edited February 2020 in Technical Stuff and Help
is there a setting to turn this off ? if not , shouldnt there be or can there be?
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Not that I am aware of. Every now and then, I just have to do a draft dump. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2020
    Tell me the fuck about it Mickey. Yes, VANILLA forum, we effing know by now that the forum is saving drafts. There is no need to actively interrupt our posting every 19 seconds to remind us.

Also tell Eddie I hope he is enjoying what bad decisions you all are making to save $1,000 a year. 

Thoroughly , we do

@truth.com.whatever

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    rollings said:
    Tell me the fuck about it Mickey. Yes, VANILLA forum, we effing know by now that the forum is saving drafts. There is no need to actively interrupt our posting every 19 seconds to remind us.

Also tell Eddie I hope he is enjoying what bad decisions you all are making to save $1,000 a year. 

Thoroughly , we do

@truth.com.whatever

I seem to have struck a nerve... 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mickeyrat said:
    is there a setting to turn this off ? if not , shouldnt there be or can there be?
    +1 on this. I don't mind a draft being saved but the constant interruptions telling me so are more trouble than they are worth. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    @kat @sea can this be looked into?

I'd like an answer to this please. this BULLSHIT function prevents further pasting after a draft has been saved.

The fact that we must have membership to post here means we pay to be here.

bump

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Yes, totally annoying. Sometimes I change my mind and decide not to post something, but even if I delete the draft and click save on a blank comment, the next time I come to a thread, the previous draft is there. This really messes me up when I newly quote something and then see my previous draft embedded in a new post. Imagine what that's like when there's 20 quotes in a post. On the mobile it's a nightmare. Because then you try to delete all the extra stuff and your cursor gets stuck inside the quoted material. Pain in the neck
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Yes, totally annoying. Sometimes I change my mind and decide not to post something, but even if I delete the draft and click save on a blank comment, the next time I come to a thread, the previous draft is there. This really messes me up when I newly quote something and then see my previous draft embedded in a new post. Imagine what that's like when there's 20 quotes in a post. On the mobile it's a nightmare. Because then you try to delete all the extra stuff and your cursor gets stuck inside the quoted material. Pain in the neck

Are you deleting the draft from "My Drafts"? Is this happening on the mobile version or Full Site version on mobile.
    Thank you

Is the pop-up notification happening more frequently? As in you've noticed a change?
    Thank you
    Good god (or good mod, in this case :smiley: ) the pop-up happens far too frequently. It takes a bit too long to go away and yes, we do a draft dump. 

It is draft saving every minute. Please make the madness stop. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Sea said:

Are you deleting the draft from "My Drafts"? Is this happening on the mobile version or Full Site version on mobile.
    Thank you

I just learned from reading this thread that I could do that in My Drafts  I never saw the Drafts link until yesterday. I can only delete the drafts on Full Site version from what I can tell so far. Usually I post from a laptop. 
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    I just learned from reading this thread that I could do that in My Drafts  I never saw the Drafts link until yesterday. I can only delete the drafts on Full Site version from what I can tell so far. Usually I post from a laptop. 

Here you go! Accessible on mobile version. :smile:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ah, I never knew that.  Thank you, ma'am!
    Sea said:
    Is the pop-up notification happening more frequently? As in you've noticed a change?
    Thank you
    on/off switch would be great.

mickeyrat said:
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    +1
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    +1
    +2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JimmyV said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    +1
    +2
    https://youtu.be/d01zo3-8fj8
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    +1
    +2
    :lol:
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    +1
    +2

:)

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We’ll pass that along to the forum team.

• CH81124CH81124 Posts: 56
    Test
    Seattle '96, Tampa '00, Jones Beach I '00, Jones Beach II '00, Toronto '00, Penn State '03, MSG I '03, MSG II '03, Holmdel '03, Philadelphia '05, Chicago I '06, ERU I '06, ERU II '06, MSG I '08, MSG II '08, Philadelphia III '09, Newark '10, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Brooklyn '13, Hartford '13, Ft. Lauderdale '16, Miami '16, MSG I '16, MSG II '16, Seattle I '18, Seattle II '18, Fenway I '18
    for the love of all thats holy in the pj religion can we turn this shit off?

tell the it guys what the 1st commandment is please.

edited April 2020
    Is there Anything being done on this front?

This isnt a joke. It is frustrating to no end.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

BUMP

Thank you. We’ve passed along your feedback requesting an “on/off switch” for individual users. That option isn’t currently available. If there are any updates we’ll be sure to pass them along.
    Stay safe, stay healthy.
    Sea

Sea said:
    Thank you. We’ve passed along your feedback requesting an “on/off switch” for individual users. That option isn’t currently available. If there are any updates we’ll be sure to pass them along.
    Stay safe, stay healthy.
    Sea

FINALLY!!!!
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU

Okay, if auto draft and post occur at the same time, your comment will post to the thread AND save in drafts. It keeps happening. Please make it stop. Thank you!
    deadendp said:
    Okay, if auto draft and post occur at the same time, your comment will post to the thread AND save in drafts. It keeps happening. Please make it stop. Thank you!

Yes please......

One way to make that stop is to turn it off period.

Still a problem.....

@Sea

It just happened again today. You can post, but it still leaves it as a draft. Mobile is where I have noticed.