Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I think everyone here is 1) angry with the sign stealing and 2) praying their team wasn't also involved!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

• Options
    In regards to the over/under for Astros getting plunked, would it make sense for a degenerate gambler to bet the under?  I'd imagine MLB is going to take some pretty serious measures if it gets out of control.  Not sure if a pitcher is going to throw at a batter to make a statement if it costs them 5 paychecks.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,472
    Jason P said:
    In regards to the over/under for Astros getting plunked, would it make sense for a degenerate gambler to bet the under?  I'd imagine MLB is going to take some pretty serious measures if it gets out of control.  Not sure if a pitcher is going to throw at a batter to make a statement if it costs them 5 paychecks.

plenty of degenerate gamblers around here to ask (most seem to live in PA).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    83.5 HBP isn’t really a big number. I believe they got hit 66 times last year and 70 the year they stole the WS. Adding a dozen to 20 intentional bonks over 162 games doesn’t seem far fetched.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,284
    The only person happy with the way Manfred is handling his job is Bud Fucking Selig.

I never imagined a worse commissioner. Jesus what a shit show...
    Gary Bettman wins for worst commissioner. Letting all those northeast teams go south, basically allowing the stars to cheat against the sabers in the cup finals, getting rid of two line passing, 2 refs on the ice, visors for every player, 2 lockouts, I could go on. He literally gets booed handing of the stanley cup to the winning team. 
    hockey?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    igotid88 said:
    Manfred was actually doing fine until the "baseballs questions" then this scandal.
    So he had two good years then?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Jason P said:

plenty of degenerate gamblers around here to ask (most seem to live in PA).
    hey!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh Sloppi, you’re a total dipshit. 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Oh Sloppi, you’re a total dipshit. 

not surprising he doesn’t like “snitches.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    So, we’re down here in FL for our first Spring Training visit. As y’all know, I’m a lifelong Astros fan, so this offseason hasn’t been fun at all. We went to the opening game against the Nationals last night. The facilities here are amazing, first of all. Wow. The majority of the Nats fans were great, but the ones that weren’t really made us Astros fans feel unwelcome and honestly, somewhat threatened. It made us really sad. Dirty looks and people yelling “cheaters” at us. Last time I checked, I didn’t bang on a damn trash can. My hope is that most fans just get it out of their system soon. They were more focused on booing than cheering their World Series winning team, which I found really surprising. In any case, we’re going to 3 more games and will just try our best to rise above it and have fun. What a mess. I know there are other teams being investigated & I hope that none of you has to be on the receiving end of this behavior. 

I know this is rambling, but I’m posting this on my phone while my wife gets ready. I hope everyone of you enjoys this season. Good luck to all of your teams and please realize that Astros fans are baseball fans too...and that this really sucks. I’ll share more once we get back home. Cheers, all!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Not wishing physical to anybody but the Astros fan base as a whole has been pretty insufferable. Their reactions fall right in line with the players’. Not much sympathy as long as it doesn’t go too far. If you really felt  threatened, then sounds like some are taking it too far. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    DewieCox said:
    Not wishing physical to anybody but the Astros fan base as a whole has been pretty insufferable. Their reactions fall right in line with the players’. Not much sympathy as long as it doesn’t go too far. If you really felt  threatened, then sounds like some are taking it too far. 
    Some are definitely taking it too far. Not looking for sympathy at all. Just wanted to share my perspective.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I don't and won't boo fans.  I am all for booing the players that cheated and the organization that fed it.
    Hope you enjoy spring training!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Also, I've been to Nats games.  Plenty of their fans are jackholes.  I think this is just a 'plenty of Americans are jackholes' thing.  Everywhere....
  • Options
    I don't and won't boo fans.  I am all for booing the players that cheated and the organization that fed it.
    Exactly. 

Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    That is a very bad take. 
  • Options
    It was pretty unreal. I’m hoping that it’s a bit better today.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Jason P said:
    DewieCox said:
    That is a very bad take. 
    Nah, they’ve been an embarrassment as a whole. They’ve managed to make Pat handwringers seem level headed. Not looking for anyone to be singled out but if adults wear Astros garb expect trash talk. It’s a product of the response of the team, the league and the fans.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:
    DewieCox said:
    That is a very bad take. 
    Nah, they’ve been an embarrassment as a whole. They’ve managed to make Pat handwringers seem level headed. Not looking for anyone to be singled out but if adults wear Astros garb expect trash talk. It’s a product of the response of the team, the league and the fans.
    I disagree. And what I’ve witnessed is beyond trash talk....and I have thick skin.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    It’s gonna be a tough year for the astros. Every away game is going to be brutal. Lots of anger over this one and a lot of idiots out there
  • Options
    It’s gonna be a tough year for the astros. Every away game is going to be brutal. Lots of anger over this one and a lot of idiots out there
    Everyone seems to forget that a fan didn't do the cheating and it IS just a game.  I can't stand people that get too worked up over something.  You're not going to live or die over this shit...
  • Options
    Everyone seems to forget that a fan didn't do the cheating and it IS just a game.  I can't stand people that get too worked up over something.  You're not going to live or die over this shit...
    Yup. Today was much better. I was clapping along to cheer the Nats title and it threw a lot of Nats fans for a loop. They asked why I wasn’t booing & I simply said that they were the better team and to enjoy the title. That floored them.

Strange times down in WPB.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    finally watched the aj hinch interview last night. I thought he came off pretty well. I think the owner is probably more to blame than AJ.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    finally watched the aj hinch interview last night. I thought he came off pretty well. I think the owner is probably more to blame than AJ.

There is plenty to go around -- it was right for Hinch to be shit-canned. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

There is plenty to go around -- it was right for Hinch to be shit-canned. 

I don’t disagree.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,404
    Some fans deserve booing
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Some fans deserve booing

Perhaps Yankee fans, I agree.

;)