Options

Superblood Wolfmoon

SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,526
edited January 2020 in The Porch
My internet query said that a super blood moon can be not only caused by the eclipse/proximity of earth to moon, but also caused by smoke/dust/debris. Thoughts on the meaning? Preferred proper nouns/menses oxymoron? Environmental connotations? Beautiful moments in time? What do you think this song will be like/about?
Post edited by Spunkie on

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    edited January 2020
    There was a Super blood woflmoon on January 20, 2019, just saying.
    Post edited by PB11041 on
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Yes, that too. Another USA one in 2022. What else?

We got Gigaton referring to unit of measure of ice melt, Aurora Borealis for DotC, and the blood red January moon (with the latter two having First Nation connotations).

So it's a starving wolf howling at the moon sound of a song?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

https://www.newsweek.com/wolf-moon-supermoon-blood-moon-meaning-name-january-1296385

"Historically the term "full wolf moon" was created because in January the wolves would howl in hunger in the dead of winter during the month of January. The name goes back to colonial times in the United States as well as Native American times, according to The Old Farmer's Almanac.

The term "blood moon" comes from the eclipse that's expected to happen just hours before the full moon. The eclipse is expected to be visible from parts of North, Central and South Americas at 9:35 p.m. EST.

When a lunar eclipse happens the Earth moves between the sun and the moon, meaning the light from the sun that usually illuminates the moon is blocked. But some light makes its way around the Earth and through the Earth's atmosphere to reach the moon and the result is a red coloring on the moon. The dark reddish orange hue grants the moon the term "blood moon."

The term "super moon" is simply due to the fact that the full moon will appear a little bit larger than usual due to the fact that it will be in a point in its orbit where it's close to Earth.

All of these aspects of the full moon expected this weekend are what gives the January full wolf moon the full name of the January full wolf super blood moon."

How interesting. i did not know that each full moon has a specially assigned name.

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2020
    This is from 2019, but maybe the song is too.
    In the Book of Revelation, the final prophetic book of the Bible, the Blood Moon is said to mark the second coming of Jesus Christ following the destruction.

Chapter 6 verse 12-17 reads: “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man hid in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains."

I don't think PJ have become Christian rockers all of a sudden, but mabye the song is a comment on the current situation of the world, and the urgency of climate change.
    This:
    And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man hid in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains." seems to fit in there neatly.
    Or maybe it is a commentary on the people in the higher ranks who believe in the rapture.

And yeah, the Express is probably also not the most scientific of sources.

• Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Well this is all fascinating
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    Good find @Leezestarr313. I like this take on it!
  • Options
    Sounds like a Rob Zombie song title  =)
  • Options
    NateDNateD Posts: 14
    Let’s not forget that it just sounds neat. 
  • Options
    Hahaha... not so fast!...

Superblood wolfmoon
    Ain't coming back anytime soon
    Superblood wolfmoon
    Dish ran away with the spoon...

Uh... sum1 said "Blood" has some quiet parts, not sure what they meant tho. Ballad, if first single has a quicker beat?
  • Options
    Well, with Mike is ripping up the guitar, this ain't no ballad! 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,800

https://www.newsweek.com/wolf-moon-supermoon-blood-moon-meaning-name-january-1296385

"Historically the term "full wolf moon" was created because in January the wolves would howl in hunger in the dead of winter during the month of January. The name goes back to colonial times in the United States as well as Native American times, according to The Old Farmer's Almanac.

The term "blood moon" comes from the eclipse that's expected to happen just hours before the full moon. The eclipse is expected to be visible from parts of North, Central and South Americas at 9:35 p.m. EST.

When a lunar eclipse happens the Earth moves between the sun and the moon, meaning the light from the sun that usually illuminates the moon is blocked. But some light makes its way around the Earth and through the Earth's atmosphere to reach the moon and the result is a red coloring on the moon. The dark reddish orange hue grants the moon the term "blood moon."

The term "super moon" is simply due to the fact that the full moon will appear a little bit larger than usual due to the fact that it will be in a point in its orbit where it's close to Earth.

All of these aspects of the full moon expected this weekend are what gives the January full wolf moon the full name of the January full wolf super blood moon."

How interesting. i did not know that each full moon has a specially assigned name.

I know March is the worm moon and October is the harvest moon 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    The moon, who some consider has influence on the earth, the eb and flow, is also associated with human behaviour of a moment of "letting things go that holds you back" and (this is interesting) stepping  into the shadows of yourself and recognizing, and exorcizing, your inner demons. So it seems to follow the same connection theme, but being connected with yourself. 
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    The moon, who some consider has influence on the earth, the eb and flow, is also associated with human behaviour of a moment of "letting things go that holds you back" and (this is interesting) stepping  into the shadows of yourself and recognizing, and exorcizing, your inner demons. So it seems to follow the same connection theme, but being connected with yourself. 
    I agree
  • Options
    I concur. You ladies nailed it!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    I still think they should have thrown a “blue” in there.
    Superbloood blue wolfmoon.
  • Options
    Anyone think the lyrics relate to someone that died too soon? 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Anyone think the lyrics relate to someone that died too soon? 
    No, not my first impression. 
  • Options
    Mr.WHYMr.WHY Posts: 90
    Seems to me, and I'm really weird so..., seems like this song is about both lost faith, and a missing muse. Maybe faith is the muse. Faith in what, can be a lot of things maybe even everything, but certainly faith in heaven which would imply a lost faith in God. But there is obviously a truth that has caused all of this  Something once suspected now confirmed. Maybe the first steps in learning that we know next to nothing, In learning we don't know anything for an absolute fact. We become wiser with an open mind. Loss of a belief can feel like you've lost your soul, sense of security and a sense of God's presence and love, which can feel like you've been forsaken. Anger and fear burn out to leave you numb. If you feel like you've lost your soul you might be hoping to feel anything at all. For me, this  is an awesome song. The kind that could help someone get back up on their feet and keep walking. ; )
  • Options
    Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited July 2020
    This is probably the track I’ve listened to the most from this album. It has become a go-to rocker for me. In a weird way, kind of reminds me of Hail Hail. Love it, looking forward to rocking to it live someday!
    Post edited by Chasing Footsteps on
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,800
    Great running song 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....????