Double post
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,578
    edited January 2020
    I'm heartbroken that I won't be able to see "The Boys"

• Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Get_Right said:
    Not directed at the OP, but it is truly amazing how many people cannot follow instructions and have no clue as to how concert ticketing with TM works. Read up.

• Options

Seriously, just the slightest bit of hustling and you’re in the venue.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

Seriously, just the slightest bit of hustling and you’re in the venue.

• Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    I'm heartbroken that I won't be able to see "The Boys"

.............. although I am not heartbroken, :heartbreak:  I am disappointed like so many others. :bawling:  After receiving the 1st punch when I LOST the MSG lottery, (MSG was my #2 pick), the 2nd punch hurt more, when I wasn't invited to participate in the VF presale happening NOW.  The MSG show is on my brother's birthday... he lives across the bridge in Bergen County, and it would be nice to see him while I'm back east.....  the public sale ticket + a round trip flight is too much.....I WON the Phoenix lottery  :joy: 
     and I'm sure it will be amazing and I'll be crossing my fingers until the 2nd Leg shows are announced. Thanks for letting me vent :relieved::rock_on: take care and good luck!!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    No one wins MSG on second pick. Pretty much no point in even putting it on there if it’s not first. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,219
    edited January 2020
    Not directed at anyone specifically because this is more a widespread thing every time - but maybe we can just have a "Ticket Venting" megathread so it could cut down on the individual threads giving the same sentiments

That being said, I hope everyone currently wanting to see these shows are able to in the time between now and the day of, are able to get the tickets they need
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,902
    bgirl59 said:
    .............. although I am not heartbroken, :heartbreak:  I am disappointed like so many others. :bawling:  After receiving the 1st punch when I LOST the MSG lottery, (MSG was my #2 pick), the 2nd punch hurt more, when I wasn't invited to participate in the VF presale happening NOW.  The MSG show is on my brother's birthday... he lives across the bridge in Bergen County, and it would be nice to see him while I'm back east.....  the public sale ticket + a round trip flight is too much.....I WON the Phoenix lottery  :joy: 

Tip for future lotteries. Something as in demand as MSG would need to be your #1 pick to even have a chance at it (could still lose at #1). Nobody got MSG (or Baltimore) below a #1 pick. While not guaranteed, you probably could have got Best Available/Reserved Seats for Phoenix at a #2 pick. Looks like you picked Phoenix #1 since that's in your home state so that's understandable. Enjoy the show!
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    AlaG said:
    imca43 said:
    OP dont you know if you didnt get tix your not supposed to voice your opinion? Your supposed to keep your mouth shut and be happy for all the folks that got club lottery AND verified fan for the same shows you got denied for....... its ok to post non stop how awesome it is that someone got tix but god forbid you vent cause you didnt. 

Ive been trying to get msg tix for approx ten years. Yes thats 10 years. Been a club member 7 of them years. Guess how many times ive seen PJ at msg? ZERO. And thats trying via club and regular sale. Was denied club lottery and verified fan this time and im supposed to ne content and happy about that?  Pearl Jam shows are slowly becoming elitist events. 
    You still have the public sale, which has worked out for me literally every time the band has played MSG. Even scored 2 pairs of tickets to both the 2016 shows in the 200 level, front of stage. I'd say its your fault if you haven't been able to make it happen after 10 years.

Not sure if you've done a public sale after they do the Verified Fan, but I would expect there to be about 2 dozen tickets available tomorrow for the shows that you can't get any for today.  Even in Safeco the public sale tickets dissappeared in about 30 seconds.
    By the time its "public sale", FOR ANYTHING, that means about 10-15% of the tickets are available. Fan club + promoter + venue + ticketmaster + other = no tickets for the public. 
  • Options
    To make matters worse, there are already ridiculously priced tickets on ebay.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    I almost had a seizure looking at the MSG tickets on sale at Stubhub. This should be illegal.. people should go to prison for this crap! 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    I almost had a seizure looking at the MSG tickets on sale at Stubhub. This should be illegal.. people should go to prison for this crap! 

They're still there because nobody is buying at those prices. No need to get worked up just yet.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,969
    AlaG said:
    ecdanc said:
    MH56465 said:
    imca43 said:
    Ive been trying to get msg tix for approx ten years. Yes thats 10 years. Been a club member 7 of them years. Guess how many times ive seen PJ at msg? ZERO. And thats trying via club and regular sale. Was denied club lottery and verified fan this time and im supposed to ne content and happy about that?  Pearl Jam shows are slowly becoming elitist events. 
    Completely different situation.  I don’t know anyone on here who wouldn’t agree that 0/10 sucks, even at MSG.  But that empathy turns to derision if you’re bitching and moaning because you’re one of the  many posters who went GA only and missed out like the OP.  Shows an utter lack of common sense and accountability for their (major) contribution to being heartbroken, especially when admitting that the email directions weren’t even read, let alone followed.

Throwing around ‘elitist’ when many of the people bitching and complaining were ‘too good’ to accept Reserved seating is ironic.
    He's not 0/10; he's 0/however many times PJ has played MSG in the last 7 years. 
    So...0/3?
    I'm 0/3 for MSG and 0/2 Barclays.  Have got tix to every one of those shows though.  You need to make friends or need to hustle.  There are a bunch of good people here.

Good luck
    2010: 2 shows at msg
    2016: 2 shows at msg
    2020: 1 show at msg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    es233031es233031 Oakland Posts: 8
    Get_Right said:
    Not directed at the OP, but it is truly amazing how many people cannot follow instructions and have no clue as to how concert ticketing with TM works. Read up.
    Also, I was heartbroken when my little brother died 14 years ago when he was 23.

Not getting tickets to Pearl Jam is disappointing, but the public on sale hasn't happened.  The ticket exchange info hasn't been announced yet, but it gives you yet another chance at face value tickets.

Plus, the ticket exchange means scalpers aren't buying tickets, and some of the fans who are buying tickets will inevitably buy extras or have reasons come up that they can't attend.  Besides MSG and Denver, most shows should be fairly easy to obtain tickets for.
    Yes, I hear you, @ryanphishes. There are multiple kinds of sadness and heartbreak. I lost both of my parents before I was 20, so I am well acquainted with life-altering heartbreak. There are levels, for sure, and the fact is that PJ and music, in general, is something that I shared with my dad, who went to the first show with me. Obviously, PJ means a lot to all of us.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2020
    Triple post. Sorry
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options

• Options
    imca43 said:
    OP dont you know if you didnt get tix your not supposed to voice your opinion? Your supposed to keep your mouth shut and be happy for all the folks that got club lottery AND verified fan for the same shows you got denied for....... its ok to post non stop how awesome it is that someone got tix but god forbid you vent cause you didnt.