Options

10/26/96 - The Point Theatre: Dublin, Ireland

evilbobevilbob Posts: 37
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
10 years ago today, my first PJ show. Anyone got any pics or tall tales? My own memories of the show are hazy because I was a wee bit chemically enhanced. Listening to the bootleg brings it all back though. Here's to another 10 years of PJ.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i was at 24/10/96 in milstreet cork..16 yrs old...put on no code on tuesday ..10 years later...loved as much as i did back in 96 !

heres to 10 more years ! !

oh yeah they played tremor christ ! !
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • Options
    That was my first Pearl Jam gig and I was blown away.

The best opener that I could have hoped for.

When they came out, they sang Release and you could just see the outline of the band. I cried!! Ha ha.

It was absolutley amazing. Im just gutted I didn't make the Cork gig too.
    People were sayin, "why would you want to see the same set twice".
    Boo to them!! (Saw them 3 times this year!!).

Getting the boot of the Dublin'96 this weekend so I can't wait to hear it.
    Where did you get the boot??

Does anyone have a poster from this gig??
    State of love & trust and Hunger strike also rocked.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    You can download the bootleg, and the '96 Cork show via the incredible "The New Download/Share Thread":

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3673975&postcount=4
  • Options
    Yeah thats the same link I had.

Whats the quality like for Dublin'96??

Can't wait to hear it. Release & Mankind especially!!!

I remember Stone saying in his dorky accent, "Ok, Im gonna sing one.."

Legend!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Quality is excellent for an audience recording, plenty of good singing from the Irish too!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    What a fucking show....had 5 years of built up pj rage to unleash and that I did :D:D:D

Was so fucking sick I couldn't get to the Slane gig in 93, came home from work that day really pissed off and my next door neighbour was in chatting to me ma, and asked why I was so pissed off, told her and she turned around and said "oh is that the one in slane, I had backstage passes for it but had no-one to go with so turned them down" :eek: and my missus was there and to this day still rubs it in that I wasn't :mad:

Needless to say that the neighbour mysteriously disappeared and we soon moved house ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    What a fucking show....had 5 years of built up pj rage to unleash and that I did :D:D:D

Was so fucking sick I couldn't get to the Slane gig in 93, came home from work that day really pissed off and my next door neighbour was in chatting to me ma, and asked why I was so pissed off, told her and she turned around and said "oh is that the one in slane, I had backstage passes for it but had no-one to go with so turned them down" :eek: and my missus was there and to this day still rubs it in that I wasn't :mad:

Needless to say that the neighbour mysteriously disappeared and we soon moved house ;)

I was trying my best to get backstage tickets as my uncle was great friends with "The saw Doctors" and they played that day. Didn't end up going at all. Boo

My mate was backstage & video taped Pearl Jam. You can see Ed walking around with Beth. Im still trying to get the tape again to record it.
    He has the full show on it. WOW!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    I was trying my best to get backstage tickets as my uncle was great friends with "The saw Doctors" and they played that day. Didn't end up going at all. Boo

My mate was backstage & video taped Pearl Jam. You can see Ed walking around with Beth. Im still trying to get the tape again to record it.
    He has the full show on it. WOW!!

I would definitely take a copy of that vid off your hands...get to work Theirry :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I would definitely take a copy of that vid off your hands...get to work Theirry :D

We'll see!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    We'll see!!

Oh yeah if you fancy parting with one of your "many" mike pics, I would gladly give it a good home ;):D
    I need a coffee!