Options

The Dillinger Escape Plan the farewell tour

These guys have been called "math core" for their complex arrangements.  

The lead Greg singer is a nut.  I personally watched him jump off a balcony at Webster Hall into the crowd.

Their very last show is at Terminal 5 on Dec 29th.  

If you've never seen or heard of this band I'd recommend attending this one.

I'll be there so if you are let's meet up before the show

Comments

• Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Their drummer, I believe, played on my buddy's album (I know they're pretty good friends with the band).  They're in the same category of crazy math rock.  Worth a listen if you're into it.  They are called "The Armed."  I believe you can DL all of their work on bandcamp.  I have an extra vinyl of their latest record that I'd send for the price of shipping if you like them.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Gtilley8 said:
    Their drummer, I believe, played on my buddy's album (I know they're pretty good friends with the band).  They're in the same category of crazy math rock.  Worth a listen if you're into it.  They are called "The Armed."  I believe you can DL all of their work on bandcamp.  I have an extra vinyl of their latest record that I'd send for the price of shipping if you like them.  
    Cool man I will check them out!  Thanks!!!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    These guys opened for Soundgarden in Tuscaloosa. Second worst opening band I've ever seen, with only Mars Volta beating them for the worst. To be fair musically they weren't bad but the "vocals" blew rancid goat chunks.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    These guys opened for Soundgarden in Tuscaloosa. Second worst opening band I've ever seen, with only Mars Volta beating them for the worst. To be fair musically they weren't bad but the "vocals" blew rancid goat chunks.
    I loved hardcore before I loved PJ.

I do get what you're saying though.  If you aren't into screaming then this won't be your thing...
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    I loved hardcore before I loved PJ.

I do get what you're saying though.  If you aren't into screaming then this won't be your thing...
    Never a fan of hardcore, but I really liked my buddy's band when I saw them live.  Lots of energy, fans have it too - they even occasionally let friends come up and play songs with them.  Kind of a cool dynamic.  That said, there's so many times where I hear their songs and think, "man that riff was cool, I just wish it wasn't a weird math problem for the 20 bars before that," or  "Just stop screaming, please."  You either like it or you don't.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I fully expect this to happen tomorrow night at Terminal 5!
  • Options
    @eeriepadave my view of the jump on Friday night!

https://youtu.be/QcPLsRbRdPE
  • Options
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    FYI- Newbury comics just dropped Dillinger colored vinyl limited to 300. 

• Options
    TC282314 said:
    FYI- Newbury comics just dropped Dillinger colored vinyl limited to 300. 

TY!!!! Another person just messaged me too.  Got one!

TYTYTY @T@TC282314
  • Options
    Very nice. Congrats. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

Being a huge Patton fan, I've had "Irony is a Dead Scene" since it came out.

Despite being fascinated with that album, I never really dove in to DEP, I've always just admired what I've known from afar.

I definitely missed the boat on seeing them live, but I just pulled the trigger on this release... this seems like a good opportunity to explore more of their stuff.

Thanks for posting @TC282314.

• Options
     ;) 
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Saw them open for the Deftones. I really like their music but more of a shuffled with the rest of my music to hear a song hear and there. Not a whole album at once type of thing. But I thought they were fantastic live. So much energy and chaos. Plus the singer came out with the Deftones for Passenger and did the Maynard parts which was awesome and then Chino and him got into a scream off to close the song. Epic!! So glad I saw them before they called it quits. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    Greg has a solo record coming out. This is the first song I've heard. Really good. Has old NIN/Manson vibes.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/dillinger-escape-plans-greg-puciato-shares-deep-set-from-upcoming-solo-lp/