Options

Priceless!!!!

CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Tickets to 5 shows- $500
Cost of Gas to drive over 3000 miles up and down the West Coast - $600
Money spent on merchandise and posters - $400
Camping, food, water, and other miscellaneous stuff - $300

Cost of seeing Pearl Jam in LA, back to back nights in SF one weekend, then back to back nights at the Gorge the next weekend, and meeting Eddie after the show in San Francisco - PRICELESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I ever put a dollar sign on what just occurred in my life over the past 3 weeks??!! This has to be one of the greatest experiences of my life. Seeing Pearl Jam all over the west coast at the most incredible venues. Waiting in line for 10 hours to get 2 front row nights in SF. Travelling to the Gorge to be blown away with how awesome it really is. I cannot put into words at times what this experience has done. I met some of the most incredible people I could have ever imagined. People from all over the world. The stories we shared, the laughs we got, the snoring at the campground we heard!!! I learned just what a great group the 10C and this forum is. We are a great bunch of humanitarians who look out for and care about each other at these shows. We are all at these shows because of a common bond. This is a group I'm really glad to be a part of. It sucks I have to go back to work tomorrow, I just barelled down from Washington back to California and am beat. But this is the first time in my life I said screw work, I'm tired of always putting my job and career first. This time I put the tour first. Work will always be there, but what I experienced over the last 3 weeks will only happen once in my life. So here's to that experience, and to yours, and to all the faces I met, I hope to see you again on the next tour!

Cheers,
Ryan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    booradleybooradley Posts: 42
    Right on, Ryan!

I'm glad that I got to spend time with you in SF!
  • Options
    Very cool.

Great rocking out with you and freeing up so much room in our rows both nights at the Gorge!

--Jeremy
  • Options
    I did a similar thing on the first leg of the tour and it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. Unforgettable. It is quite a feeling to wake up and think to yourself, "All I have to do today is drive to see the greatest band in the world". 9 shows on the first leg and a 4 on the second (including the KROQ secret show where I got 3 picks and drank Eddie's wine!)... what a life I lead.

It wouldn't have been nearly as amazing had it not been for the interesting and caring people I met along the way...
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Tickets to 5 shows- $500
    Cost of Gas to drive over 3000 miles up and down the West Coast - $600
    Money spent on merchandise and posters - $400
    Camping, food, water, and other miscellaneous stuff - $300

Cost of seeing Pearl Jam in LA, back to back nights in SF one weekend, then back to back nights at the Gorge the next weekend, and meeting Eddie after the show in San Francisco - PRICELESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I ever put a dollar sign on what just occurred in my life over the past 3 weeks??!! This has to be one of the greatest experiences of my life. Seeing Pearl Jam all over the west coast at the most incredible venues. Waiting in line for 10 hours to get 2 front row nights in SF. Travelling to the Gorge to be blown away with how awesome it really is. I cannot put into words at times what this experience has done. I met some of the most incredible people I could have ever imagined. People from all over the world. The stories we shared, the laughs we got, the snoring at the campground we heard!!! I learned just what a great group the 10C and this forum is. We are a great bunch of humanitarians who look out for and care about each other at these shows. We are all at these shows because of a common bond. This is a group I'm really glad to be a part of. It sucks I have to go back to work tomorrow, I just barelled down from Washington back to California and am beat. But this is the first time in my life I said screw work, I'm tired of always putting my job and career first. This time I put the tour first. Work will always be there, but what I experienced over the last 3 weeks will only happen once in my life. So here's to that experience, and to yours, and to all the faces I met, I hope to see you again on the next tour!

Cheers,
    Ryan

I agree with everything you've said. That snoring guy was hilarious. You are talking about the guy in the back of Wildhorse right? :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I agree with everything you've said. That snoring guy was hilarious. You are talking about the guy in the back of Wildhorse right? :D

Yeah, the guy we dubbed "the bear!!" Never heard another human snore so loud. My kidneys still hurt from laughing so hard. Good times with those around the back at the Wildhorse!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Yeah, the guy we dubbed "the bear!!" Never heard another human snore so loud. My kidneys still hurt from laughing so hard. Good times with those around the back at the Wildhorse!

Were you one of the guys that came to my campground super late with Chris? We were the last camp up 3 nights in a row. I am still so wrecked.

I can't believe the "Bear" never woke up! There had to have been 20 of us around his tent just dying!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Yes I was!! I showed up around 1:30 - 2 am. Met Chris the setlist guy! I was there with a couple from Seattle with a black lab and 2 chicks. I would have hated to sleep next to the "Bear!" Everybody was in hysterics!
    Were you one of the guys that came to my campground super late with Chris? We were the last camp up 3 nights in a row. I am still so wrecked.

I can't believe the "Bear" never woke up! There had to have been 20 of us around his tent just dying!