2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Haha. You are a good, devoted Bears fan, my friend.  Here’s to hoping you’re right! 
    Forgot to mention this earlier. I was at the game on Sunday and met Badger from Breaking Bad. Pretty cool as I was a huge fan of that show. Real nice guy and a big Bears fan. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    bbiggs said:
    Forgot to mention this earlier. I was at the game on Sunday and met Badger from Breaking Bad. Pretty cool as I was a huge fan of that show. Real nice guy and a big Bears fan. 
    That's awesome!  I knew he was a big Bears fan and I think I saw a pic of him at the game.  Were you sitting by him or did you go up to him?
    mca47 said:
    bbiggs said:
    That's awesome!  I knew he was a big Bears fan and I think I saw a pic of him at the game.  Were you sitting by him or did you go up to him?
    My buddy’s season tickets are row 1 by the end zone on the bears side and he was down on the field before kickoff. We started talking to him and took a pic with him. Couldn’t have been a nicer guy. Pretty cool. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Badger and Skinny Pete were great.
    Riverdance!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Why do the wins still feel like losses?  Like the Lions game, they barely beat a horrible team at home.  Offense can't get any 1st down in the 4th quarter to put the game away and have to rely on the defense to close it out.  And Mitch still sucks....2 bad picks yesterday.  It was nice to see Khalil Mack make an appearance....haven't seen much from him the past few weeks.  Next 2 games are on national TV....I feel bad for the rest of the country.
    Why do the wins still feel like losses?  Like the Lions game, they barely beat a horrible team at home.  Offense can't get any 1st down in the 4th quarter to put the game away and have to rely on the defense to close it out.  And Mitch still sucks....2 bad picks yesterday.  It was nice to see Khalil Mack make an appearance....haven't seen much from him the past few weeks.  Next 2 games are on national TV....I feel bad for the rest of the country.
    It amazes me that they still do "Club Dub" after their wins.  :fp:
    The Bears are back!  That's what I was expecting to see from Trubisky all year...you could tell how confident he was out there.  And nice to see him finally use his athleticism and run the ball.  Those brutal losses to the Raiders and Chargers are really hurting right now...they'd be right in the playoff race if not for those.  Hicks should be back next week...let's run the table!
    Yeah. All I have to say is “where the hell has this been all year?”  Looked like a completely different QB and offense. Might be too little, too late.  Too bad we’re not in the NFC East. 
    The Bears are back!  That's what I was expecting to see from Trubisky all year...you could tell how confident he was out there.  And nice to see him finally use his athleticism and run the ball.  Those brutal losses to the Raiders and Chargers are really hurting right now...they'd be right in the playoff race if not for those.  Hicks should be back next week...let's run the table!
    Yep, looked like an entirely different team out there.  Hopefully Nagy realizes he needs Mitch to use his legs and NOT just his arm.
    Getting Hicks back is going to be huge, esp since it looks like we've lost Roquan for the year. 
    Why didn't Horsted pitch it to Robinson earlier?!?!?  He would have walked right into the end zone.

Well the playoffs are officially done.  Such a disappointing season.  Not sure they're going to have a lot of salary cap flexibility in the offseason to make any major moves.  Offensive line and TE have to be improved.  Running game and TE play have been horrific all season.
    ^ They paid Trey Burton a lot of dough last year. What a waste. I’m eager to see if we stick with Mitch or pickup one of the several veteran QBs that will be available. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ They paid Trey Burton a lot of dough last year. What a waste. I’m eager to see if we stick with Mitch or pickup one of the several veteran QBs that will be available. 

Yep Burton has been pretty much worthless ever since that surprise injury popped up out of nowhere before the playoff game against the Eagles last year.  Shaheen is a complete bust.  How on earth was he a 2nd round pick????

They have to bring in someone to compete with Mitch.  He has been better the past few weeks but still don't have much confidence in him.
    Well that was fun. Lol 
    Absolutely pathetic.  Can't believe the NFL kept that as the Sunday night game....I feel bad for the rest of the country.  Such a disappointing season.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Absolutely pathetic.  Can't believe the NFL kept that as the Sunday night game....I feel bad for the rest of the country.  Such a disappointing season.
    I assume Fox had veto power on them flexing in Dallas/Philly which would certainly have been the game NBC would have targeted.
    That game last night did literally put me to sleep in the 3rd Q.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    I assume Fox had veto power on them flexing in Dallas/Philly which would certainly have been the game NBC would have targeted.
    That game last night did literally put me to sleep in the 3rd Q.
    Yeah I think Fox had the Dallas/Philly game locked up.  NBC could have flexed Saints/Titans into Sunday night....that would have been much more entertaining than that nonsense last night.
    It's amazing how scared they played last night considering they're out of the playoffs.  They punted on the Chiefs 40 with 4th and 7 in the 1st half.  Why not go for it?  What the hell do they have to lose?  But my favorite was the 5 yard check down to the 4th string TE on 4th and 23.  Just fucking throw it up for grabs.  Who cares???  They don't have a ton of cap flexibility going into next year but they need to do something to get this offense going because this is just horrible.  
    8-8.  Not surprising at all to hear Pace say that Trubisky is still the QB going forward.  I won't completely judge that situation until we see what they do in the offseason.  Pace also said Mike Glennon was the guy a few years ago and then drafted Trubisky a couple months later.  There will definitely be some competition for Trubisky next year.  Offensive line and TE have to be the 2 main areas for improvement this offseason.  They need some help at WR too....Miller looked pretty good down the stretch here but he hurt that same shoulder and has to have surgery again.

A lot of people seemed to be upset that they fired Heistand as OL coach.  The offensive line and running game were horrific this year.  It sounds like him and Helfrich were in charge of the running game so not surprising at all to see them go.  This will definitely be a very interesting offseason.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Pace yesterday reminded me of Lovie: "Rex is our quarterback."
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Wouldn’t it be great if the Bears took the “win now” mentality and signed Brady to a 2 year deal? He could win easily with this supporting cast. What do they have to lose knowing Mitch is not the long term solution? 
    Easy for us to see. But that would be Pace openly admitting he was wrong, which is very hard for them to do...especially with the moves made and players passed up to get Mitchell. Then, they'd still have Nagy as a coach, so, there's that.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Well if he owned up to the mistake and went the Brady route, we could draft another QB to study under him for 2 years and then hit the ground running. Cut your losses with Mitch. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2020
    As an outsider, its what you said ^^^. Some GMs cant swallow their pride.  Dont waste that defense with Mitch. 

Not sure what went on with Khalil Mack this year but he was unimpressive.  He’s spent his whole career being double teamed and it never stopped him before. By far his worst pro season.
    Yep.  Pace is too stubborn and dumb to admit that Mitch is trash.  Wasting another great defense on a shitty QB like they did with Grossman back in the day.  
    Yep.  Pace is too stubborn and dumb to admit that Mitch is trash.  Wasting another great defense on a shitty QB like they did with Grossman back in the day.  
    1000% THIS - Now, they have talked about bringing in a veteran for "competition". Couldbthey have meant they are going to pay Brady to teach Mitchell for 2 years? Not much cap room and they still NEED a TE and could use a stud WR.
    They could improve the OL too. I think Brady ultimately stays in NE, but it’s fun to think about. 
    Yes, the OL needs addressed as well. Just too much shit to do and still not even be sure if they have a legit QB.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

Don't see how the Bears could sign Brady, he's not taking 10Mil to play there and they have very little cap space.

It'll take at least 25 Mil a year to sign him, possibly more. And the only way he leaves NE is guaranteed years and dollars...likely need to be 3 years and at least 75M guaranteed.

This weekend we rock Portland