Berlin

Anyone from South Yorkshire area going Berlin next year 

Comments

• BigWhiskey85BigWhiskey85 York Posts: 21
    I'm going from North Yorkshire mate. Looking for a ticket buddy!
  • You can’t have your tickets yet can you as the draw for tickets is not until tomorrow 
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    Applied for Berlin as well. Heading over from the North East.

Anyone locked in travel plans yet? Flying from Manchester or Edinburgh looks to be the best options.
    Cheapest option means two different airports in Berlin though which is a pain.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Think I will pay that bit extra and travel to and from same airport 
    Think I will pay that bit extra and travel to and from same airport 
    Tegel is the best option as it's not far from the venue. Suspect I will also pay the extra for same airport as it will cost to get to Schoenfeld Airport anyway so eats into the saving.
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    Applied for Berlin as well. I live north of the border but would come from Frankfurt by train or bus.

• The support act idles will be really good too looking forward to them 
    You can’t have your tickets yet can you as the draw for tickets is not until tomorrow 
    No, but Berlin odds are at 99%. Seems silly to apply for 2 tickets if someone else is going solo too.
    You can’t have your tickets yet can you as the draw for tickets is not until tomorrow 
    No, but Berlin odds are at 99%. Seems silly to apply for 2 tickets if someone else is going solo too.

Have you applied for Berlin or did you leave?

I am not 100% sure yet whether I am travelling solo or not. But if I am, glad to offer up my spare.
  • I have applied for tickets but thank you 
    Got tickets for Berlin. Looking forward to experiencing Wuldheide (spelling?) for the first time. Never been to Berlin either but won't really have time to see much of it sadly.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    WASTID said:
    Got tickets for Berlin. Looking forward to experiencing Wuldheide (spelling?) for the first time. Never been to Berlin either but won't really have time to see much of it sadly.
    No it's Waldbühne! a bit bigger and on the other side of the city
    WASTID said:

I am not 100% sure yet whether I am travelling solo or not. But if I am, glad to offer up my spare.
    I ended up applying for tickets. Appreciate the offer though. Can't wait!
  • It is Wülheide  JPPJ84 said:
    WASTID said:

Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
    JPPJ84 said:
    WASTID said:
    Sorry keep getting mixed up when typing messages! But I know it's the one near the Olympic Stadium. 
    WASTID said:

No worries.

I am sure we'll be able to get buyers for 10c entry tickets. Plenty of requests already.

What's your plan for travelling over? Manchester flights?
    WASTID said:
    WASTID said:

No worries.

I am sure we'll be able to get buyers for 10c entry tickets. Plenty of requests already.

Yeah Manchester flights. 24th out, 26th back. What about you?

Anyone been to 
    Waldbühne before?

• Has anyone booked Flights yet from Manchester and who you booked with and how much you paid 

WASTID said:
    WASTID said:

No worries.

Yeah Manchester flights. 24th out, 26th back. What about you?

Anyone been to 
    Waldbühne before?

Yes, wonderful venue, not enough toilets ;)
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    What sort of things are there to see and do in Berlin other than the show?     We love historic sites and hiking/outdoor activities.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   We will be in Frankfurt for the show too.  I really want to hike in the Bavarian Alps and the Black Forest if possible.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    What sort of things are there to see and do in Berlin other than the show?     We love historic sites and hiking/outdoor activities.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   We will be in Frankfurt for the show too.  I really want to hike in the Bavarian Alps and the Black Forest if possible.
    Berlin has loads of history obviously. 
    Do you have some time before Frankfurt/after Berlin? Otherwise the Alps are too far away. The Black Forest is nice but honestly can’t compete with the Alps. If you do have enough time and want some tips, I‘m happy to help!
    JPPJ84 said:
    Berlin has loads of history obviously. 
    Do you have some time before Frankfurt/after Berlin? Otherwise the Alps are too far away. The Black Forest is nice but honestly can’t compete with the Alps. If you do have enough time and want some tips, I‘m happy to help!
    I was thinking we would arrive a few days before the show in Frankfurt to do tourist stuff.   Was wondering if we should take the train South or rent a car from Frankfurt.  How best to get to the Alps?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    Either way it’s a five hour trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen for example. That’s a good place to start. The area above the Königssee is stunning but that’s further away.
    JPPJ84 said:
    Either way it’s a five hour trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen for example. That’s a good place to start. The area above the Königssee is stunning but that’s further away.

Yeah, I see it is a long way.    I will do some more planning and thinking.  And I'm sure I will be asking more questions.  Thanks so much for your help.  Are you going to both shows?