Options

Off Topic, poster storage

I have a bunch off posters/tubes taking up space.   I’m guessing it’s not harmful to the posters if I combine the multiple posters in one tube.   I can’t see the posters “bleeding” on to each other.  The autographed ones I also wonder about, may keep them as individuals.    My wife asks me why I get a poster at every show, “you know your not going to get them framed”, it seems she’s got a point.  

Comments

• Options
    Don’t leave them in tubes! Get an Itoya 18x24 portfolio. Fairly cheap for the perfect storage you get out of them. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    You got some signed Crowes posters you’d let go of?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    You really should spring those things from the tubes. Let them unfurl for a few days before you start giving them a flattening. It would be great if you can put a piece of acid free paper between the prints. Ink can transfer and create halos of color. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Dang, I thought they would be fine in reg tunes.  I’ve got some that have been neglected then, out of my ignorance .   
    Sorry willbarclay, only have one good autographed Crowes piece.

what kinda business sells those good tunes and paper?   I’d just as soon let a smaller place get my money than amazon. 
    ... and many thanks to you all for the answers also!
  • Options
    Ordered a fancy folder for the posters,  I’m assuming it’s ok to keep two together back to back if they don’t have ink on back side.  The last few tours it seems the PJ posters are double sided.  And what would be the danger of putting directly from tube to folder?  Have pets and don’t want hair or worse if the door gets open. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Sorry to bum you out with this one, but they really do need time to unfurl before flattening before stowing away in a portfolio. Can it be done faster? Sure, but papers can buckle and depending upon the thickness of the ink, it could crack...it's just better to give each their own time. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    No burn at all deadendp,  I appreciate the guidance.   Just didn’t think so much care would be needed for the posters, but I didn’t think they would carry such value either.    Going to do it, might as well do it right.   
    ...it looks like we shared a couple nights of music in 2016, Lexington was such a great night, take care

• Options
    crowes74 said:
    No burn at all deadendp,  I appreciate the guidance.   Just didn’t think so much care would be needed for the posters, but I didn’t think they would carry such value either.    Going to do it, might as well do it right.   
    ...it looks like we shared a couple nights of music in 2016, Lexington was such a great night, take care

We were celebrating a friends 50th that night! It was an absolutely wonderful show.