Options

*** The Möt is back! ***

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I'm gonna sue.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Poncier said:
    I'm gonna sue.
    Seriously. They drew up some legal document a few years ago forbidding the to reform after the last tour. Goddam publicity stunts!
  • Options
    Oh. Watched the video AFTER my previous post. I guess they addressed everything there. 

Their popularity has skyrocketed of late so The demand is too great.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    They were good on the (no longer aptly named) "Final Tour", but Vince has been spotty for 20+ years and Mick is nearly crippled. Show always features lots of flash, so I'm sure it will be a spectacle, but something tells me with that it will be expensive (rumor is a triple bill with Motley, Def Leppard and Poison doing stadiums).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Oh. Watched the video AFTER my previous post. I guess they addressed everything there. 

The Dirt did good numbers on Netflix and I guess the released soundtrack following the film sold well then..

... but the whole "NEW GENERATION OF FANS DEMAND It" made the video a bit tacky. They could have made it more tounge in cheek/funny I think...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited November 2019
    I love the Crüe.  But, Vince kinda sucks live.   The farewell tour show i attended  was a fun spectacle bc of pyro and special effects, but they didn’t sound very good.  Vince is fat and sings every third word.  
    This is disappointing.   Also, the rumored triple bill with poison and Def Leppard makes it less attractive.  I honestly thought the farewell was real.  From what I recall, Mick is the eldest and seemed to have bad health problems which made performing really taxing on his body.  Nikki shot down any chance of a reunion this year.  I’m sure Vince and Tommy would do anything for the money though.  
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Vince is HORRIBLE, they should be embarrassed to still be playing with him. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EajTcMJvXw

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Who? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Has beens 
  • Options
    rummy said:

The Dirt did good numbers on Netflix and I guess the released soundtrack following the film sold well then..

... but the whole "NEW GENERATION OF FANS DEMAND It" made the video a bit tacky. They could have made it more tounge in cheek/funny I think...
    I teach in a high school and there definitely seems to be interest from a younger fanbase.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    Horse2345 said:

Vince is fucking awful and has been for a long time.  Sounds like an out of breath, high-pitch fart.

Anyways, a Crue show is all about the spectacle. Tommy drumming on a roller coaster, stripper backup singers/dancers, flamethrowers. You know all the stuff you won’t see at a Pearl Jam show.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    i think their original music is great.  i just think their live performances suck at this point.  i'll stick to listening to studio albums.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I expected this to eventually happen.   If four people sign a contract, the same four people can dissolve it.

I guess they figured there was more money to be made, or they got bored with their solo careers.

I'm ok with it.  I'd go if they made it to my town again (but wouldn't take the ferry to Vancouver to see them).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Horse2345 said:

Vince is fucking awful and has been for a long time.  Sounds like an out of breath, high-pitch fart.

Anyways, a Crue show is all about the spectacle. Tommy drumming on a roller coaster, stripper backup singers/dancers, flamethrowers. You know all the stuff you won’t see at a Pearl Jam show.
    "Kick Start My Heart" may have a new meaning on this tour if Vince is out of breath!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    bbiggs said:
    Has beens 

+1
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    They were good on the (no longer aptly named) "Final Tour", but Vince has been spotty for 20+ years and Mick is nearly crippled. Show always features lots of flash, so I'm sure it will be a spectacle, but something tells me with that it will be expensive (rumor is a triple bill with Motley, Def Leppard and Poison doing stadiums).
    And guess who won't be attending any of this?

Two thumbs pointing at THIS guy!
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I expected this to eventually happen.   If four people sign a contract, the same four people can dissolve it.

I guess they figured there was more money to be made, or they got bored with their solo careers.

I'm ok with it.  I'd go if they made it to my town again (but wouldn't take the ferry to Vancouver to see them).
    Me neither.
  • Options
    Poison and Def Leppard have been playing the fair circuit for years and adding the Crüe to it doesn’t seem like a stadium filler. If they come to a Fresno and Groupon has a wicked deal for tickets and it’s a Saturday night then maybe I might go just for nostalgia. They might have a harder time filling stadiums then the black Crowes are. But hey, what do I know. 

Plus the Dirt movie was super cheesy. Ramsey as Mick Mars. Take out the sex and that movie is unwatchable. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Poncier said:

Saw them back in 1998.  It was fine but I have no desire, especially with the two other in tow.  It would draw a crowd similar to The Cult and I swear that I saw senior center buses dropping people off to that one.  My coworker would say, "Clam diggers and sensible shoes."  No thank you. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    deadendp said:
    Poncier said:

Saw them back in 1998.  It was fine but I have no desire, especially with the two other in tow.  It would draw a crowd similar to The Cult and I swear that I saw senior center buses dropping people off to that one.  My coworker would say, "Clam diggers and sensible shoes."  No thank you. 
    what are you trying to say about senior citizens??? :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Wobbie said:
    deadendp said:
    Poncier said:

what are you trying to say about senior citizens??? :angry:
    You fuckers are slow! :lol:

Just kidding. You know I love you, Rob! :kiss:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Poncier said:

If, and only if, it attracts newer fans then I would attend.  There is only so many brand new jackets w patches that I can stomach.

Anybody notice that?  Gonna have to post on the Peeve thread!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Poncier said:
    local station played audio of just vinces vocals from this "last ever tour"  just awful.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Who? 
    right. have NEVER heard this band referred to that way.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14