*** The FREDAGSMYS thread ***

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Oh, is it really Fredagsmys again? Damn, where does the time go?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Eating a strawberry icecream in my sofa.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Eating a strawberry icecream *in* my sofa.
    IKEA is making womb-like furniture now?

The YUTYRYS?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Let the man enjoy his ice cream in the comfort of his own couch cushion fort. 

Image result for couch cushion fort

edited April 2019
    In Sweden we say "Jag sitter i soffan" = "I sit in the sofa" 

Is it "I sit on the sofa" in english? Yeah I guess it is.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Yes, it's always on the sofa... but, oddly, it can still be sit IN a chair.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

We sit on a chair. But we lie in the bed and we sit in the sofa and in an arm chair. In Sweden.
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

We sit on a chair. But we lie in the bed and we sit in the sofa and in an arm chair. In Sweden.
    We sit on chairs too. Both work. But yeah, the deeper the chair, the more likely we would be to say in instead of on. We lie/sleep in bed, we sit on a bed, or lie on a bed ... I think this just depends most on whether on not we are over or under the covers actually. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

We sit on chairs too. Both work. But yeah, the deeper the chair, the more likely we would be to say in instead of on. We lie/sleep in bed, we sit on a bed, or lie on a bed ... I think this just depends most on whether on not we are over or under the covers actually. :lol:
    But if you sit in an arm chair, wouldn't you also sit in a comfy sofa? :O
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't know why, but no, not as far as I know. I've never in my life heard someone say "sit in the sofa".
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't know why, but no, not as far as I know. I've never in my life heard someone say "sit in the sofa".
    Sweden wins again

:P
    Tonight’s Fredagsmys choice. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Tonight’s Fredagsmys choice. 

I loved watching through them with all the four different commentary tracks back in the day.
    Day off in Sweden tomorrow which means friday is de facto off too. Celebrating nieces birthday tomorrow. She has started to say she "hates Frozen". So will buy her something Frozen related. 

Then maybe fredagsmys, or Smashing Pumpins in Stockholm or Backstreet Boys back here in Gothenburg.
    Waiting for my sister and mom to pick me up, were going down to the city of LUND as moms 60th birthday present. I wanted the family to go to New York or something like that. But it turned into Lund, because one of my brothers lives down there.

So, from Gothenburg/Göetborg to Lund. 

It's gonna be a disaster. Hopefully my brother down there has a plan for the weekend. Maybe go over to Copenhagen.

I'm sure you'll find a way to have fun, even if your brother doesn't have a plan. You're a good ringleader. 
    I'm sure you'll find a way to have fun, even if your brother doesn't have a plan. You're a good ringleader. 
    Well. Friday was very much in the name of ”fredagsmys”. After we came down to Lund and the hotel we went to brothers apartment and had pizza and hanged with his one year old. 

Today. Lots of walking and seeing Lund (old swedish town) and soon 

Midsummer tomorrow! Day off work. 

Going to watch John Wick: Chapter 3 again tonight. Happy Fredagsmys! 

The eyes don't lie, Halle Berry. :heart:
  • Going to watch John Wick: Chapter 3 again tonight. Happy Fredagsmys! 

HAHAHA!!!!
  • Going to watch John Wick: Chapter 3 again tonight. Happy Fredagsmys! 

I watched it last...thursday... but the digital copy sucked... low bitrate and low resolution and couldn't get it to work. Got my money back. But my mom was pissed "why did you not just let me rent it on DVD like before?!"
  • Going to Halloween at Liseberg tonight (and later will watch Halloween (1978) or Trick R Treat I think to cap the day off)

• Doctor Sleep tonight.
  • Sick :/ Can't wait to get off job in 3 hours and just lie down watching through the Watchman series.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Sick :/ Can't wait to get off job in 3 hours and just lie down watching through the Watchman series.
    Get well soon! I have a good friend visiting me for the weekend, can't wait :smile:
    Think I'm going to watch The Hateful Eight. I've been wanting to re-watch it ever since it didn't get any love in the Tarantino movie poll thread.
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020

Yeah it's on Netflix but I prefer the first one when he has to break concrete.

Fredagysmy sounds like Freddo-gasm
    Think I'm going to watch The Hateful Eight. I've been wanting to re-watch it ever since it didn't get any love in the Tarantino movie poll thread.
    It's true to its title -- that's for sure.

Having said that, I can overlook the irredeemability of our main cast of characters -- after all, I worship at the altar of Flannery O'Connor -- but the rampant misogyny sans the usual Tarantino comeuppance is tough to bear in this one. It seems deliberate.

Beautiful cinematography and set design, though. And great music, as always. I saw the 70mm roadshow edition, and it was a great spectacle. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    It's true to its title -- that's for sure.

Having said that, I can overlook the irredeemability of our main cast of characters -- after all, I worship at the altar of Flannery O'Connor -- but the rampant misogyny sans the usual Tarantino comeuppance is tough to bear in this one. It seems deliberate.

Beautiful cinematography and set design, though. And great music, as always. I saw the 70mm roadshow edition, and it was a great spectacle. 
    Have I told you lately that I hate you?

Yeah it's on Netflix but I prefer the first one when he has to break concrete.

Fredagysmy sounds like Freddo-gasm
    I think @Spiritual_Chaos had that in mind when he made the word up. ;)