2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    You guys think Raptors fans care about some missed games in November last year?
    That is a little bit o hindsight now though, huh?
    No not really as I’m a big proponent of it with Embiid. 
    now why would you need load management on a guy you insist is healthy and has been since day 1? hmmmm :confused:

just kidding above...kind of.  shall we do an over/under on how many games simmons and embiid actually get on the court together in the regular season this year? what are at, 2 now?

Load management is a disgrace to the league.  maybe Kawhi should only get paid for 60 games then?
    I guess Kawhi has never been healthy then.

Loan management is rampant throughout the league. The Sixers were on to something clearly. 
    not sure if these players in the nba aren't healthy or just those things that Trump likes the grab.  load management is a fuck you to the fans who are dumb enough to pay to go see an NBA game.  so i shelled out $100+ and this ahole is sitting on the bench because he's tired. fuck kawhi and any other player that pulls that shit. get your ass in the game.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    It has become a hot topic now in the NBA and that is all people are talking about, load management.

On the Jump T-Mac wished they had the amenities that the players have now, five massage therapists, 5 trainers, dietitians.  Then you had Richard Hamilton that looked at playing in all 82 games a s a badge of honor.
    Hey man, I wish the NBA was like it was 30 years ago too. But, all that matters is putting your team in the best position to win a championship. And you're not winning anything with your best players not on the court come spring time. 
    Is that how it works?  Cool, thanks...

Iron man awards aren't give out and a player doesn't get extra money or incentives for playing in more so I get it.

Everyone is striving for the playoffs now a days.  That is all that matters...
    If it were up to me, I would not have Joel Embiid ever play a back to back for his entire career.

Last year he led the league in minutes played for centers for the first half of the season and then he had some healthy issues in the second half. That's just stupid. I think you have to do everything you can to preserve your greatest assets, especially if they have an injury history like Jo and Kawhi have had. I just think it makes sense to be conservative with this stuff.

Now, if I have tickets to a game where he's sitting, I'm pissed! But that's a short term thing. I know what the long term vision is. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    All about the dollar dollar bills y'all.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    It has become a hot topic now in the NBA and that is all people are talking about, load management.

On the Jump T-Mac wished they had the amenities that the players have now, five massage therapists, 5 trainers, dietitians.  Then you had Richard Hamilton that looked at playing in all 82 games a s a badge of honor.
    Hey man, I wish the NBA was like it was 30 years ago too. But, all that matters is putting your team in the best position to win a championship. And you're not winning anything with your best players not on the court come spring time. 

Iron man awards aren't give out and a player doesn't get extra money or incentives for playing in more so I get it.

If it were up to me, I would not have Joel Embiid ever play a back to back for his entire career.

Last year he led the league in minutes played for centers for the first half of the season and then he had some healthy issues in the second half. That's just stupid. I think you have to do everything you can to preserve your greatest assets, especially if they have an injury history like Jo and Kawhi have had. I just think it makes sense to be conservative with this stuff.

Now, if I have tickets to a game where he's sitting, I'm pissed! But that's a short term thing. I know what the long term vision is. 
    yea but then you risk him being fat and out of shape like he was in the playoffs last year.  
    pjhawks said:

yea but then you risk him being fat and out of shape like he was in the playoffs last year.  
    Well you're making my argument here. They overplayed him way too much early which, I think, lead to injuries in the second half and missing a bunch of time leading up to the playoffs. Had they managed the load better early, odds are it probably would've resulted in a healthier Embiid come playoff time. 

His eating regime and stuff like that were also a factor last year that they say he's improved. Who knows though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
     I dislike the phrase load management. 
    edited November 2019
    pjhawks said:

Well you're making my argument here. They overplayed him way too much early which, I think, lead to injuries in the second half and missing a bunch of time leading up to the playoffs. Had they managed the load better early, odds are it probably would've resulted in a healthier Embiid come playoff time. 

His eating regime and stuff like that were also a factor last year that they say he's improved. Who knows though. 
    actually you have been making my argument for me.  you can't play him because he's hurt all the time...

and yet he has already missed 1 game because of injury.  fuck just sit him until end of january. you will still make the playoffs without him and have him ready come playoff time. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

actually you have been making my argument for me.  you can't play him because he's hurt all the time...

and yet he has already missed 1 game because of injury.  fuck just sit him until end of january. you will still make the playoffs without him and have him ready come playoff time. 
    Come on. Would you like me to quote what your actual argument was? You know this wasn't it.....and so does the Montgomery County SPCA. Hey oh.

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Come on. Would you like me to quote what your actual argument was? You know this wasn't it.....and so does the Montgomery County SPCA. Hey oh.

The spca was about the playoffs and nothing to do with drafting a center with bad feet and bad back.  So what is the over under on games embiid and Simmons both start and finish the game together? What are they at now just 1 I believe?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    :thinking:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

The spca was about the playoffs and nothing to do with drafting a center with bad feet and bad back.  So what is the over under on games embiid and Simmons both start and finish the game together? What are they at now just 1 I believe?
    And you didn’t think they would make the playoffs BECAUSE you believed Embiid would never be healthy and to expect nothing from him for his career. Stellar prediction. 

I don’t know man. I’m expecting 60 some games from Jo this year. Not sure how bad Ben’s shoulder is. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wobbie said:
    Like you’re trying to save it for just a couple more minutes?!
  • Wobbie said:
    Like you’re trying to save it for just a couple more minutes?!
    He ripped another bong hit and forgot all about us...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Jazz won a couple I expected them to lose.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Why do NBA players change teams so often?
    I was watching Miami vs. Lakers the other day and noticed Jimmy Buttler is now playing for Miami.
    Last I knew he was at the Bulls, then I read that he's been to two teams in between Bulls and Miami. 

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Hair trigger huh?
  • Why do NBA players change teams so often?
    I was watching Miami vs. Lakers the other day and noticed Jimmy Buttler is now playing for Miami.
    Last I knew he was at the Bulls, then I read that he's been to two teams in between Bulls and Miami. 

He was with the Clippers last year.

Players run the league now.  If they are unhappy somewhere they ask to be traded.  They are all pulling a Marbury now.  He was ahead of his time, lol.

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    as a raptors fan just like to say we won again last night short handed vs the lakers.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Players run the league now.  If they are unhappy somewhere they ask to be traded.  They are all pulling a Marbury now.  He was ahead of his time, lol.

Butler wasn't with the Clippers. In between Chicago and Miami he played in Minnesota and Philly.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:

Butler wasn't with the Clippers. In between Chicago and Miami he played in Minnesota and Philly.
    I meant the 76ers...What an idiot...
  • fife said:
    as a raptors fan just like to say we won again last night short handed vs the lakers.
    Because of an abysmal 3rd quarter...
    fife said:
    also because the raptors defence played great in the 2nd half. 
  • fife said:
    fife said:
    Interesting enough if you look at the breakdown of the game the 2 best defenders on the Lakers roster both had a -6 in the +/- column.

Who are these players you might ask?

Bron and AD...
    fife said:
    fife said:
    Interesting enough if you look at the breakdown of the game the 2 best defenders on the Lakers roster both had a -6 in the +/- column.

Bron and AD...
    Bron imo didn't play well yesterday.  he has been amazing all season.  AD played well against Pascal yesterday but the raptors starting finding ways to get Pascal away from him in the 2nd half. 
  • fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:

Bron and AD...
    Bron imo didn't play well yesterday.  he has been amazing all season.  AD played well against Pascal yesterday but the raptors starting finding ways to get Pascal away from him in the 2nd half. 
    Siakm is really good.  I wish I had watched that game last night to see that AD Siakm match up.

As bad as Bron was on defense he still got a triple double.

I still think the Raptors are a legit team in the east. Wonder how they will be against the 76ers in the playoffs?
    fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:

Bron and AD...
    Siakm is really good.  I wish I had watched that game last night to see that AD Siakm match up.

As bad as Bron was on defense he still got a triple double.

I still think the Raptors are a legit team in the east. Wonder how they will be against the 76ers in the playoffs?
    Bron triple double for me was underwhelming.  did not play well on offense or defence. 
    as for the sixers, i know I am biased but I don't think the sixers are head and above better than the raptors as I always hear and I really like the sixers.   for me the sixers are missing one key thing and that is a shooter. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Which makes it hard for me to fully get into NBA (as well as soccer).
    I want to see loyalty to teams.
    What does 'pulling a Marbury' mean?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo said:
    HAHAHAHHA!!!!

THAT IS A GREAT STAT!  I will bet the farm against him next time he plays Atlanta, lol!!!