MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Howie Kendrick dialing in his video game persona these playoffs.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Ponce de Leon would be better off continuing his search for the fountain of youth at this point because the Cardinals are toast.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Dave Martinez was probably a few more losses earlier in the season from being fired. Now they're this close to a WS appearance
    I miss igotid88
  • So the Nats pulled it together.  Is this because Bryce Harper is gone?  Says a lot about him and the talent that the Phillies had and couldn't reach the playoffs.

igotid88 said:
    Dave Martinez was probably a few more losses earlier in the season from being fired. Now they're this close to a WS appearance
    The team had injuries early and the team really wasn't hitting.

Robles didn't hit all that great in the begining, Rendon turned it on later, Turner was hurt.

The whole team finally came around and started to play.  I would expect the team to do much better next year.

Turner, Robles, Soto and Kieboom should be fun to watch next year w Rendon.
    So the Nats pulled it together.  Is this because Bryce Harper is gone?  Says a lot about him and the talent that the Phillies had and couldn't reach the playoffs.

igotid88 said:

Robles didn't hit all that great in the begining, Rendon turned it on later, Turner was hurt.

The whole team finally came around and started to play.  I would expect the team to do much better next year.

When has injuries and team not hitting save a manager's job. Rarely. Especially when he missed the playoffs with a playoff team.

You think they re-sign Rendon and Strasburg(When he opts out)?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    So the Nats pulled it together.  Is this because Bryce Harper is gone?  Says a lot about him and the talent that the Phillies had and couldn't reach the playoffs.

igotid88 said:

When has injuries and team not hitting save a manager's job. Rarely. Especially when he missed the playoffs with a playoff team.

Why on earth would you let the pitcher you drafted, played all his life for your team and will get in the HOF go when he's pitching great?

Same goes for Rendon.

I'd sign them both for another 5 years.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Why on earth would you let the pitcher you drafted, played all his life for your team and will get in the HOF go when he's pitching great?

Same goes for Rendon.

$$$  Rendon is going to get upwards of $200 million.  Be interesting to see what Strasburg pulls in
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    HOF? Seems presumptuous.
  • DewieCox said:
    HOF? Seems presumptuous.
    I'm willing to bet that when his career is finished he will be elected in to the HOF.

He's getting better with age.  He is one pitcher that isn't a lock right now that will be.
  • pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Same goes for Rendon.

$$$  Rendon is going to get upwards of $200 million.  Be interesting to see what Strasburg pulls in
    They aren't paying Harper and if they lock in Rendon for another 5 years they still have Soto and Turner on the cheap for a few more too so it shouldn't be that bad.

Strasburg might get more than Rendon, lol.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Same goes for Rendon.

They aren't paying Harper and if they lock in Rendon for another 5 years they still have Soto and Turner on the cheap for a few more too so it shouldn't be that bad.

Lol rendon is getting a whole lot more than 5 years 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    tbergs said:
    Howie Kendrick dialing in his video game persona these playoffs.
    Saw a crazy stat over the weekend:  Old man Howie leads all of MLB with a .325 BA since the beginning of the 2018 season.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Let’s go, Astros!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Same goes for Rendon.

He'll be 31 come starting next season not 21.

He might get 7 but no way he gets offered 10. Those days are over for 30 YO's now.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I fear tonight is the end of the road for my cardinals. I am fairly indifferent because this year brought the trophy to St. Louis I’ve wanted my whole life...so the Redbirds get a pass for this embarrassing performance. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If the Yankees win they will need to throw garbage on the field for good luck ... a poor man's rally monkey
    Maybe ozuna should have played that with a little more urgency?!
    Jason P said:
    If the Yankees win they will need to throw garbage on the field for good luck ... a poor man's rally monkey
    Doesn’t work here 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,385
    DewieCox said:
    Shildts post game pep talk was pretty epic.

worst.pep.talk.ever.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:

worst.pep.talk.ever.
    I’ve been thinking this too 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,175

Cards now know what its like on both ends of a first inning barrage in a close out game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I fear tonight is the end of the road for my cardinals. I am fairly indifferent because this year brought the trophy to St. Louis I’ve wanted my whole life...so the Redbirds get a pass for this embarrassing performance. 
    Got em right where we want em.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Bryce did say he wanted to help bring a title back to DC...
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:

worst.pep.talk.ever.
    I’ve been thinking this too 
    Felt terribly forced. It’s no Craig Berube pre-game pep talk before game 7 of the cup finals. 
    Great win!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Same goes for Rendon.

He might get 7 but no way he gets offered 10. Those days are over for 30 YO's now.
    Both Strasburg and Rendon are over 30. 
    I miss igotid88
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Well I'm hoping for a Astros vs Nationals Workd Series, why because BOTH of their Spring Training are held here in West Palm Beach about a mile walk to the 12 fields from my house.

Now that the Nationals are in the World Series....here's a bit of trivia for you baseball nuts.

Name the ONLY team left in MLB that has NOT made it to the WS?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    Well I'm hoping for a Astros vs Nationals Workd Series, why because BOTH of their Spring Training are held here in West Palm Beach about a mile walk to the 12 fields from my house.

Now that the Nationals are in the World Series....here's a bit of trivia for you baseball nuts.

Peace
    Mariners? 
    edited October 2019
    g under p said:

Peace

We are going to Astros ST next year and can’t wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Same goes for Rendon.

Both Strasburg and Rendon are over 30. 
    He will get 5 to 7 years too.  He's not 21.

Again, no one gets 10 year deals in their 30's... I haven't changed my position on age and contracts.