Options

What is Your Favorite 90's Western Film?

124»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Other
    mcgruff10 said:

Dances with wolves was amazing but it is not a movie I revisit.  
    Bought this version way back when I was collecting dvds/cared for physical media.

I really-really like it. But too long to watch repeatedly. 
    Wow that s awesome!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Tombstone (1993)
    Love Last of the Mohicans, just not sure I would consider it a Western.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Unforgiven (1992)
    There are people who hate Unforgiven?
    Clint
    Gene
    Morgan
    Richard Harris

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Other
    Clint
    Gene
    Morgan
    Richard Harris

I hated it.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Unforgiven (1992)
    mcgruff10 said:
    Clint
    Gene
    Morgan
    Richard Harris

I hated it.  
    OK. 
    It is an amazing film!  ;)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    Unforgiven (1992)
    mcgruff10 said:
    Unforgiven is damn overrated.

Feels try hard.
    Unforgiven was terrible.  Dances with wolves was amazing but it is not a movie I revisit.  
    They borrowed cattle (spelling?) from Neil Young for Dances with wolves = SUREFIRE MASTERPIECE

Did you know that piece of trivia @goldrush @brianlux ?
    Interesting!  No, didn't know that. 

A little off topic, but it seems strange to me that Neil went from having the ranch to living in crowded, hot Southern California.  But that's where Zuma happened so maybe it's a good thing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Other
    mcgruff10 said:
    Clint
    Gene
    Morgan
    Richard Harris

I hated it.  
    OK. 
    It is an amazing film!  ;)
    I watched it twice and just couldn’t get into it.  Reminds me of trying to like Radiohead lol. 
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Tombstone (1993)
    Okay guys, if you had a brother who looked like Brad Pitt did in Legends,   would you bring your significant other to family functions?
  • Options
    Unforgiven (1992)
    Okay guys, if you had a brother who looked like Brad Pitt did in Legends,   would you bring your significant other to family functions?
    I wouldn't have a significant other.  I would make him be my wingman and pick up the seconds, every fucking day of the week.  You always want to be around the best looking guy in the joint - it gives you access to wayyyyy more.
    Experience is King.  ;)
    It would be great to look like him....but not many do, so the next best thing would be picking up the weak members of the pack chasing him.  
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    I wouldn't have a significant other.  I would make him be my wingman and pick up the seconds, every fucking day of the week.  You always want to be around the best looking guy in the joint - it gives you access to wayyyyy more.
    Experience is King.  ;)
    It would be great to look like him....but not many do, so the next best thing would be picking up the weak members of the pack chasing him.  
    HAHAHAHA!!!

F Me, that is the only answer needed for my question, because I don't think there is even a remote chance of a more truthful answer. :bow:
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    If my significant other wants to stray then she would be my significant ex.  It would also mean that I'm not doing my job as a man either.  Of course I'd bring him.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Other
    Experience is King.  ;)
    I've had a quite different experience being the friend of the guy every girl wants... They still ALL go to him.
  • Options
    Unforgiven (1992)
    Experience is King.  ;)
    HAHAHAHA!!!

F Me, that is the only answer needed for my question, because I don't think there is even a remote chance of a more truthful answer. :bow:
    Yeah, did drop a little of my truth there.  Glad it made you laugh!
  • Options
    Unforgiven (1992)
    Experience is King.  ;)
    I've had a quite different experience being the friend of the guy every girl wants... They still ALL go to him.
    Well, I had some pretty good game, and better aim.  One guy can only get so many, and there are inevitably some that feel less because they don't get the attention they deserve.  Be the one to give that to them.
    Everyone is different, could just be that I am an opportunist in general.  ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Tombstone (1993)
    Experience is King.  ;)
    Well, I had some pretty good game, and better aim.  One guy can only get so many, and there are inevitably some that feel less because they don't get the attention they deserve.  Be the one to give that to them.
    :how_interesting:  I bet if all the guys from Tombstone went to a nearby bar after filming, Val Kilmer would've still gotten more action...even if he were in full-blown tuberculosis mode.

Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Unforgiven (1992)
    Experience is King.  ;)
    :how_interesting:  I bet if all the guys from Tombstone went to a nearby bar after filming, Val Kilmer would've still gotten more action...even if he were in full-blown tuberculosis mode.

Val Kilmer n'est ce pas Jim Morrison.
    Remember the animal magnetism Billy Bob seemed to throw out there as a youngster.  
    That would be some sort of wrecking crew, to be sure.
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    Billy Bob was something to behold. I bet he made Billy Zane hold his beer.
  • Options
    Unforgiven (1992)
    Ha!
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited October 2019
    Legends of the Fall (1994)
    LegendS
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Dances With Wolves (1990)
    I'm sorry @OffSheGoes35 , all I can comprehend in your post is "...looked like Brad Pitt in Legends.." & my mind wanders...

• Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    njnancy said:
    I'm sorry @OffSheGoes35 , all I can comprehend in your post is "...looked like Brad Pitt in Legends.." & my mind wanders...

I'd do him...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Other
    njnancy said:

I'd do him...
    That, sir, is Brad Pitt.  

He'd do you.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Tombstone (1993)

• Options
    Tombstone (1993)
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:

I'd do him...
    That, sir, is Brad Pitt.  

He'd do you.
    Oh no.  I'm the alpha in that relationship.  He's gonna be the bottom guy, lol!
  • Options
    Paraphrasing Zach:

"When you met Angelina, was it love at first sight. Like when Ross met Rachel?"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Am I the only one who doesn't swoon over Pitt and / or Kilmer?

Pretty boys just never did it for me.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    The Last of the Mohicans (1992)
    hedonist said:

Same
  • Options
    Kilmer doesn't have the charm Pitt has. Pitt is more than a pretty boy.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

Same
    Pitt is definitely one fine looking guy. 

Kilmer does nothing for me.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    edited October 2019
    The Last of the Mohicans (1992)
    njnancy said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

Same
    Pitt is definitely one fine looking guy. 

Kilmer does nothing for me.
    Oh Brad‘s definitely beautiful! I just don’t fancy him at all. Too pretty maybe :wink:  and to keep this thread on track at least a tiny little bit... Both brothers in Last of the Mohicans are gorgeous in my book. Which is not the reason I voted for this 😄
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on