Options

PJ on Jools Holland - Good news UK fans!

treno_bluetreno_blue Posts: 14
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey there folks. I haven't roamed the message pit since last year sometime..... I feel bad for staying away so long. I never stopped loving PJ though.

Have you noticed people seem to be paying more attention to pearl jam nowadays?? Here in the UK at least....

I used to talk about PJ and people would be like, "I'm sorry, who? Are they some new punks or something??" and I'd just gawp at them like something I pulled off my shoe.

Now their becoming a lot more popular over here. Probably with talks of headlining Leeds and TV show appearences..... I've seen all the letterman/SNL appearances...download them mainly. It's been a decade since their last live TV appearance in the uk.

Finally, they're appearing on the greatest music showcase show of all... later with jools holland. I just checked the BBC website the other day and it had a setlist for the first programme of the new season. I was mindblown when I saw Eddie glaring at me after loading the webpage. awesome!

11:35pm, tonight, BBC2..... I wonder what they'll play? here's hoping for marker in the sand or life wasted!

ciao
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    treno_blue wrote:
    Hey there folks. I haven't roamed the message pit since last year sometime..... I feel bad for staying away so long. I never stopped loving PJ though.

Have you noticed people seem to be paying more attention to pearl jam nowadays?? Here in the UK at least....

I used to talk about PJ and people would be like, "I'm sorry, who? Are they some new punks or something??" and I'd just gawp at them like something I pulled off my shoe.

Now their becoming a lot more popular over here. Probably with talks of headlining Leeds and TV show appearences..... I've seen all the letterman/SNL appearances...download them mainly. It's been a decade since their last live TV appearance in the uk.

Finally, they're appearing on the greatest music showcase show of all... later with jools holland. I just checked the BBC website the other day and it had a setlist for the first programme of the new season. I was mindblown when I saw Eddie glaring at me after loading the webpage. awesome!

11:35pm, tonight, BBC2..... I wonder what they'll play? here's hoping for marker in the sand or life wasted!

ciao

WWS, Severed Hand, Alive
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    There's a thread on here somewhere that someone posted who went to the taping.
    Should be a good show I reckon, tape recorder at the ready :D

Welcome back by the way. :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Same time on ITV4 they're on Letterman...
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...