Options

Cub Scout Popcorn

This is a blatant share of my son's Cub Scout Popcorn sale. I know the Boy Scout organization isn't the most forward thinking, but few things are perfect in life.  

My son is 8 and this is his first time taking part in this fundraiser.  He's taking it very seriously, signing up for multiple "shifts" outside of local businesses and watching the sales videos they offer.  I am trying to help him out, and I thought that my fellow fans might be a great place to go.

To get a glimpse of my son, here's the bio he wrote:
"My name is Maxwell and I am a boy scout to troop 901. I am into real estate so I might be a good seller. I will work on the weekends that is open in our schedule that fits. I am really nice when it come to selling. My goal is to have fun, I don't care if I make it to my money goal and if I do I will be happy, if not I will still be happy either way. I will work in rain not storms."

His link is here if you'd like to buy some popcorn.

The kid is too sincere.  Thank you if you support him, and no worries if you don't.  Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all on tour next year.
-one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm on the hook for a family member already, but I can say for sure that this popcorn is legit delicious!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I wish your son luck in his sale for his own confidence, but I can't buy the popcorn for the same reason I can no longer buy a Subway sandwich.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited September 2019
    I wish your son luck as well. He seems to have a great attitude!
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dankind said:
    I wish your son luck in his sale for his own confidence, but I can't buy the popcorn for the same reason I can no longer buy a Subway sandwich.
    Why is that?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    rgambs said:
    dankind said:
    Why is that?
    Don't want to speak for dan, but I'm guessing it has to do with the charges for sexual abuse against minors.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    dankind said:
    You've also been banned from Cub Scout popcorn for shouting "I'll show you a real 6 inch!"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    You've also been banned from Cub Scout popcorn for shouting "I'll show you a real 6 inch!"
    It's hard to live up to these expectations.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    It's hard to live up to these expectations.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    dankind said:
    The Cub Scouts make super shitty sandwiches too?