Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    Cool!

One year from today, on September 26 2020, Global Citizen will put on 10-hour “Live Aid” style worldwide concert event happening in West Africa (Lagos, Nigeria), North America (New York), Europe, Asia, and Latin America. The event will be the culmination of a yearlong campaign titled Global Goal Live: The Possible Dream that will benefit United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals with aims at ending extreme poverty and tackling climate change. They’ve now announced some artists who have signed on to perform: Alicia Keys, Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Cyndi Lauper, D’banj, Eddie Vedder, Exo, H.E.R., Janelle Monáe, Lizzo, Metallica, Miley Cyrus, Muse, Ozuna, Ozzy Osbourne, Pharrell Williams, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shawn Mendes, Tiwa Savage, and Usher.

Some of the co-hosts of the event have also been announced; they include  Deborra-Lee Furness, Hugh Jackman, Idris Elba, Jill Vedder, Katie Holmes, Rachel Brosnahan, Trevor Noah, and Uzo Aduba.

There are lots more performing artists and co-hosts to be announced. Lineups for each location, and the rest of the locations themselves, will be announced in early 2020. Learn more about Global Goal 2020 here and watch a promo for it below.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    Cool. Would be nice if it was the whole band
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Nice to see Jill listed as one of the hosts.  I wonder if she will be introducing Ed.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    Nice to see Jill listed as one of the hosts.  I wonder if she will be introducing Ed.
    "This is my husband who needs to take out the trash more often and also put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher!". Whoops, that is what my wife would say. ;)
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Good lineup
  • Options
    Friday night 9/25/20 show at MSG? 👀 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502
    Friday night 9/25/20 show at MSG? 👀 
    not if Ed decides he's playing the west africa venue. 
  • Options
    I'll go for Billie Eilish alone!

I'm in!
  • Options

I'm in!
    My wife has slowly gotten me into her tunes.  I get it now.  
  • Options

I'm in!
    Bury a friend is an amazing tune.  Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

I'm in!
    Bury a friend is an amazing tune.  Welcome to the club!
    I want to see Billie perform "8" with EV on uke.
  • Options

JUST ANNOUNCED: Eddie will perform at one of the #GlobalGoalLive events to be held around the globe on 9/26/20. The next round of artists will be announced Dec 13. Stay tuned and get involved: pj.lnk.to/GlobalGoalLiveFp

Maybe Pearl Jam will be announced on Dec 13th.

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    demetrios said:

JUST ANNOUNCED: Eddie will perform at one of the #GlobalGoalLive events to be held around the globe on 9/26/20. The next round of artists will be announced Dec 13. Stay tuned and get involved: pj.lnk.to/GlobalGoalLiveFp

:lol:
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    He should do the Phil Collins thing, play with PJ on one continent and then solo on another.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Let's get excited for three songs!!!!! (insert sarcasm)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,849
    Better man, small town and a cover (rocking the Free world or people have the power).

Next gig, please.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my mom liked him singing with cat stevens. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    mcgruff10 said:
    On the bright side, the new album may have forthcome by then and one of the three might be something many have never heard.

Grasping at straws, I know.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Man, the cynicism...

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Man, the cynicism...

You re pumped for three songs?  I d be extra excited if it was pj but Ed solo is just meh.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    edited September 2019
    I mean, sure. It's better than nothing. But maybe, its also about something bigger than an appearance of one of the members of Pearl Jam. And maybe we don't need to hold it to a normal PJ standard.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    Anytime Ed or PJ is on national TV its awesome.  So yes im excited
  • Options
    Agree wholeheartedly with "Tim Simmons" comment that the event is more than a concert. 

But also just crossed my mind that if there are regional exclusivity restrictions around global citizens concerts, the way there would be for a festival, maybe it is a good thing it is a Eddie Vedder appearance and not Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    9/26 is the last Saturday in September next year, aka Ohana Fest weekend based on the last couple of years.  So seems pretty likely that a portion of next year’s Ohana show will be dual purposed.  I see no impact on when and if PJ will tour as Ohana seems to be an annual EV show whether in a PJ tour year or not.  I don’t know anything btw.  Just making a prediction based on recent past.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    kst said:
    9/26 is the last Saturday in September next year, aka Ohana Fest weekend based on the last couple of years.  So seems pretty likely that a portion of next year’s Ohana show will be dual purposed.  I see no impact on when and if PJ will tour as Ohana seems to be an annual EV show whether in a PJ tour year or not.  I don’t know anything btw.  Just making a prediction based on recent past.
    They've had the Ohana Fest in August and in early September before. Only these past 2 years were they at the end of September
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Oh, hai @demetrios.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Oh, hai @demetrios.

• Options
    kneilkneil Posts: 23
    demetrios said:

So does this mean Global Citizen will go live to Eddie from Ohana Fest?!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,273
    Well this Global Citizen event has just been postponed 12 months.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    kst said:
    Well this Global Citizen event has just been postponed 12 months.

Today, in light of COVID-19, Global Citizen and Teneo are announcing that Global Goal Live: The Possible Dream, the year-long campaign and multi-city series of events meant to drive impact for the world to achieve the United Nations Global Goals, will not take place on September 26, 2020. Global Goal Live, the campaign, will extend into 2021, and the major events will be postponed to September 25, 2021. 

With the fifth anniversary of the Global Goals happening in 2020, our intention was to use Global Goal Live as an opportunity to help spark a decade of action and accountability for achieving the Goals. Yet despite months of contingency planning, the reality is the continued levels of uncertainty due to COVID-19 have left us without a viable option to proceed with large in-person events this year. 

We are incredibly grateful for the support Global Goal Live has received from the United Nations, the private sector, and the artist community. This would not have been possible without them, and we look forward to being able to host this historic campaign next year. The world needs it, and if we’ve learned anything from COVID-19, it is that global problems require global solutions, be they a pandemic, hunger, or access to quality education for girls everywhere. 

We are immensely proud of what we achieved with One World: Together at Home and are excited by the new opportunities that are emerging out of that. We are looking to play an active role in the ongoing campaigning efforts to fight COVID-19, specifically focused on search for a vaccine and providing community health workers with essential PPE. We are also committed to delivering the 2020 Global Citizen Prize later this year.  

For now, please stay safe and follow the instructions of your local health officials. We are looking forward to hosting Global Goal Live in 2021.