Options

Kurt Vile

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited August 2009 in Other Music
anyone a fan? i've had constant hitmaker for a while and liked it, saw him with the Violators a few weeks ago and have been digging their the hunchback EP a full album is supposed to be coming out on matador before too long

and 1 of the guitarists in Kurt Vile and the Violators has a band called The War on Drugs (they played the last night of the festival), it's a good album, too, but i think they sounded a lot better live.

they're from Philly so maybe they could open for PJ!
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Hadn't really taken to Viles stuff the one time I looked into it but this mini show on NPR's Tiny Desk Series has me wanting to look further, for sure!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    He’s the man, check this album out.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,835
    brianlux said:
    Hadn't really taken to Viles stuff the one time I looked into it but this mini show on NPR's Tiny Desk Series has me wanting to look further, for sure!

Good Monday, easin' in music. Thanks for sharing, Brian :smile:
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited March 9
    Kurt Vile playing Anchor in AC. 650 capacity. Sadly, I can’t go, but anyone in NJ/Philly that could, should go. Great music, tiny venue.