2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Here it is. If it starts at the beginning fast forward to about  16:05

https://youtu.be/6F2U2WL12Eo?t=968
    HA!  Love it!  Thanks!!!
    Yeah, it was funny.

But, you can be a wise ass when you only play once(in most WC Tourneys). 

What i want to know is how come Giannis took 7 shots? Greek coach?
    He should be dunking, not shooting.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Let's make history again Greeks!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Freak said this the game if his dreams..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    More like game of his nightmares amirite? And who knew his brother was a cheap shot artist.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Poncier said:
    More like game of his nightmares amirite? And who knew his brother was a cheap shot artist.
    I read about that but i haven't seen a video of the play.
    23scidoo said:
    Sorry man, but one time is enough.
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    On the final..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    Seems is not..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited September 2019
    Double failed for USA..
    After the world championship, lost the world cup also..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    Seems is not..
    Didn't they beat Greece in this WC?
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Here it is. If it starts at the beginning fast forward to about  16:05

https://youtu.be/6F2U2WL12Eo?t=968
    HA!  Love it!  Thanks!!!
    Yeah, it was funny.

But, you can be a wise ass when you only play once(in most WC Tourneys). 

What i want to know is how come Giannis took 7 shots? Greek coach?
    He should be dunking, not shooting.

Playing with FIBA rules, he must shooting..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

This guy can't catch a break:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1835803

Thomas expected to miss 6-8 weeks after thumb surgery
    3h ago
    Will Newton / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    WASHINGTON DC - MARCH 21 Isaiah Thomas 0 of the Denver Nuggets looks on from the bench during the first half against the Washington Wizards at Capital One Arena on March 21 2019 in Washington DC

Isaiah Thomas can't seem to catch a break.

The Washington Wizards guard is expected to miss six-to-eight weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a rupture of the radial collateral ligament of his left thumb, the team announced Wednesday.

Thomas suffered the injury during the team's routine workouts Monday.

"This was an unfortunate setback for Isaiah, but with his resolve and the top care he will receive from our medical team, we expect him to make a full recovery," Wizards general manager Tommy Sheppard said in a statement. "In the meantime, he will continue to mentor our young guards and have a positive impact on the team as we start training camp."

With Thomas and John Wall out of action, Ish Smith is the lone point guard on the Wizards' roster with NBA experience. Undrafted rookie Justin Robinson will also compete for playing time.

Thomas signed a one-year deal with Washington this offseason for the veteran's minimum.

The 30-year-old is looking to rebuild his value after being plagued by injuries. Thomas missed the first half of the 2018-19 campaign due to the same hip injury that limited him the season before.

After he was deemed healthy enough to play, Thomas couldn't regularly crack the Denver Nuggets' rotation this past season. The two-time All-Star averaged 8.1 points on 34.3 percent shooting across 12 regular-season appearances for Denver, but he didn't play in a single postseason game.

Thomas isn't far removed from averaging a career-high 28.9 points per contest in 2016-17, and he was once among the Association's top reserve players. During the 2014-15 season, Thomas finished second in Sixth Man of the Year voting.

https://www.thescore.com/fiba/news/1835675

Curry, Dame plan to represent Team USA at Olympics
    8h ago
    David Dow / National Basketball Association / Getty
    BILBAO SPAIN - SEPTEMBER 3 Stephen Curry 4 of the USA Basketball Mens National Team during the game against the Dominican Republic Basketball Mens National Team during the 2014 FIBA World Cup at Bizkaia Arena in Bilbao Exhibition Centre on September 3 2014 in Bilbao Spain NOTE TO USER User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading andor using this Photograph user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2014 NBAE

Many of Team USA's stars opted to skip this summer's FIBA World Cup, but barring any unforeseen circumstances, Golden State Warriors superstar Stephen Curry plans to represent the U.S. at next year's Olympics in Tokyo.

"Definitely wanna go," Curry told ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "I've never been on the Olympic team. I've been on two World Cup Championship gold-medal teams. But the Olympics is the experience that I want. And next year will hopefully be it."

The Americans' seventh-place finish at the World Cup was their lowest placing in a major tournament since NBA players were allowed to participate in 1992. The U.S. finished sixth when it hosted the 2002 World Cup.

However, Curry believes Team USA remains the favorite as long as its top stars commit to playing at the 2020 Olympics.

"We're still the best," Curry said. "If we get the guys that are supposed to be there, in terms of, you know, representing us in the Olympic stage and the commitment's been there, and I think it'll be there next year."

Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard was the first of those players to throw his hat in the ring for next year.

"I plan on being a part of that. I plan on playing," Lillard told James McKern of news.com.au.

• cutz said:

8h ago
    BILBAO SPAIN - SEPTEMBER 3 Stephen Curry 4 of the USA Basketball Mens National Team during the game against the Dominican Republic Basketball Mens National Team during the 2014 FIBA World Cup at Bizkaia Arena in Bilbao Exhibition Centre on September 3 2014 in Bilbao Spain NOTE TO USER User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading andor using this Photograph user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2014 NBAE

Many of Team USA's stars opted to skip this summer's FIBA World Cup, but barring any unforeseen circumstances, Golden State Warriors superstar Stephen Curry plans to represent the U.S. at next year's Olympics in Tokyo.

"Definitely wanna go," Curry told ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "I've never been on the Olympic team. I've been on two World Cup Championship gold-medal teams. But the Olympics is the experience that I want. And next year will hopefully be it."

The Americans' seventh-place finish at the World Cup was their lowest placing in a major tournament since NBA players were allowed to participate in 1992. The U.S. finished sixth when it hosted the 2002 World Cup.

However, Curry believes Team USA remains the favorite as long as its top stars commit to playing at the 2020 Olympics.

"We're still the best," Curry said. "If we get the guys that are supposed to be there, in terms of, you know, representing us in the Olympic stage and the commitment's been there, and I think it'll be there next year."

Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard was the first of those players to throw his hat in the ring for next year.

"I plan on being a part of that. I plan on playing," Lillard told James McKern of news.com.au.

Wheres scidoo at?  He needs to read this and see we aren't lying when it comes to FIBA vs the Olympics.
    cutz said:

8h ago

Wheres scidoo at?  He needs to read this and see we aren't lying when it comes to FIBA vs the Olympics.
    I sent it to him.
    cutz said:

8h ago

And i text to @cutz and i said that you can't choose..it's your country..
    Olympics, World cup, Euro, Pan American, its all the same..
    now stay with 7th place at world..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1837369

Klay says count him in for Tokyo 2020
    6h ago
    BILBAO SPAIN - SEPTEMBER 04 Klay Thompson 5 of the USA Basketball Mens National Team handles the ball against the Ukraine Basketball Team during the FIBA 2014 World Cup Tournament at the Bilbao Exhibition Center on September 04 2014 in Bilbao Spain NOTE TO USER User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading andor using this Photograph user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2014 NBAE

The Olympics, unlike the FIBA World Cup, attract the NBA's biggest names.

Golden State Warriors sharpshooter Klay Thompson said Thursday that he wants to be on Team USA next summer in Tokyo. "I would love to play (for) Team USA," Thompson told The Athletic's Marcus Thompson. "That is the plan. I would love to be on the Olympic team."

Thompson would likely join fellow Splash Brother Stephen Curry on the squad. Curry said this week he plans to play in Japan. The two-time NBA MVP has never played in an Olympics, missing the 2016 Games with a knee issue. Thompson won gold for the USA at that event.

Participation is health permitting, however. Thompson isn't expected to play until February of the upcoming NBA season as he recovers from the torn ACL he suffered in Game 6 of The Finals.

• 23scidoo said:
    cutz said:

8h ago

And i text to @cutz and i said that you can't choose..it's your country..
    Olympics, World cup, Euro, Pan American, its all the same..
    now stay with 7th place at world..

And with the Olympics we will slaughter the rest of the competition with our best players to remind everyone in the world the we are the best.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Ok enough with the world cup discussion.  lets talk 2019-20 NBA season.  who is going to make the finals?  I understand that people have the sixers and bucks as the top 2 in the east and i guess the lakers and clippers as the top 2 in the west.  i think the sixers are going to be a strong team in the playoffs but i don't know how they do in the regular season. 
    I think this season is the most wide open that i can recall, . Not the usual 2-3, maybe 4-5 some seasons, teams that only have a chance to win the Championship.
  • cutz said:
    I think this season is the most wide open that i can recall, . Not the usual 2-3, maybe 4-5 some seasons, teams that only have a chance to win the Championship.
    Totally agree.  

Don't count out the Nuggets though. I think they'll be a force here.

New thread??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

cutz said:
    Totally agree.  

Don't count out the Nuggets though. I think they'll be a force here.

Nuggets are in the mix along with the Jazz. 

Going into the season how many teams have a shot at winning the Championship?
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    I would say 
    Milwaukee, Sixers, Nets, Raptors, Jazz, Rockets, Clippers, Lakers, Warriors
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I would say 
    Milwaukee, Sixers, Nets, Raptors, Jazz, Rockets, Clippers, Lakers, Warriors
    I would say no Nets and no Raptors..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Nets and Raptors will be lower seeds in east at best.

Top 4 will be MIL, PHI, BOS and IND barring major injury.

Poncier said:

Nets and Raptors will be lower seeds in east at best.

Top 4 will be MIL, PHI, BOS and IND barring major injury.

really you think the raptors will be lower seeds at best?  in the east depending if the raptors trade their FA or not i have them 3rd behind the bucks and sixers.  Boston for me got alot weaker in the off season and while I like the pacers i see them at 4. 
    So who got weaker...Boston losing Kyrie and Al Horford but adding back Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter or Toronto by losing Kawhi & Danny Green and replacing them with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson?
    I think the Raptors are going back to being a 40-44 win team. You can't just take away Kawhi Leonard and assume there won't be a huuuuge drop off.
    Poncier said:
    So who got weaker...Boston losing Kyrie and Al Horford but adding back Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter or Toronto by losing Kawhi & Danny Green and replacing them with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson?
    I think the Raptors are going back to being a 40-44 win team. You can't just take away Kawhi Leonard and assume there won't be a huuuuge drop off.
    the year before last the raptors were top seed in the east with 59 wins and i think this year team is better than that year.  yes they lost green and leonard but i think that effects more their playoff performance than say the regular season.  i do stand corrected that I should have not said earlier that boston got a lot weaker but i do consider walker and kanter a step down from kyrie and horford.