A quarter of all kindergartners in Washington county aren’t immunized. Now there’s a measles crisis

1235»

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    but how do you control that? isn't it every species' natural instinct to be as plentiful and widespread as possible? but in most cases, other species or environmental conditions keep that in check. we have no checks anymore. 
    Right, we have no checks because our intellects and technologies, with the help of our opposable thumbs, have completely outdone nature. It's very unfortunate. And there is no way to control that, only because of that annoying sense of morality we're "burdened" by. Most animals, when the population gets too large for it to be sustainable, will die from disease and famine as they compete for resources until the population is back under control. But people have figured out how to largely overcome disease and famine itself, rather than compete and watch the "losers" die..... And when that isn't happening in certain places in the world, those where resources aren't scarce often try to step in and intervene with medical and food and water supplies, etc etc etc.
    I think our check will eventually come back in the form of the species no longer being able to sustain itself, whether it be food resources, climate change survival, etc. it will be devastating. I just (selfishly) hope it doesn't happen in my or my kids lifetimes. 
    It will be a pandemic IMO. We're getting there, with all the antibiotic resistant bacteria and superbugs and whatnot.
    Either way, these are some of the reason I won't be having any kids.
    Keep smoking that weed then.  It either has health benefits that can save us or at the very least you can get stoned while a pandemic wrecks havick on us...
    I don't understand why you said this or why it came to your mind... I don't even know if it's a friendly comment or not, lol.
    How did you take that as an unfriendly comment?  
    "Keep smoking that weed then" isn't necessarily a friendly phrase, lol.
    I guess you read to much into it then.  I am 100% in support of Cannabis, not just for recreational, but medicinal as well.  I think it's safe to assume it does not cause harm, it quite possibly is the one supplement that might provide meaningful health benefits...who knows.  Might protect us from a pandemic, who knows...I will continue toking and we'll see.
    It isn’t actually safe to assume it causes no harm. Like anything, they are associated harms as well as benefits. There is research proving potential harms, more so as more research gets completed.  We’ll be getting a much fuller picture in the years to come but it’s unrealistic and ignores current data to day that there are no harms. 
    Well, you let me know when people are dropping dead from weed.  And I know it affects the developing brain, so does alcohol, caffeine, contact sports and probably a host of other things that young people are involved in.

Not that many teens are sitting around smoking 4 joints a day, every day...at least I couldn't...it still cost money.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    but how do you control that? isn't it every species' natural instinct to be as plentiful and widespread as possible? but in most cases, other species or environmental conditions keep that in check. we have no checks anymore. 
    Right, we have no checks because our intellects and technologies, with the help of our opposable thumbs, have completely outdone nature. It's very unfortunate. And there is no way to control that, only because of that annoying sense of morality we're "burdened" by. Most animals, when the population gets too large for it to be sustainable, will die from disease and famine as they compete for resources until the population is back under control. But people have figured out how to largely overcome disease and famine itself, rather than compete and watch the "losers" die..... And when that isn't happening in certain places in the world, those where resources aren't scarce often try to step in and intervene with medical and food and water supplies, etc etc etc.
    I think our check will eventually come back in the form of the species no longer being able to sustain itself, whether it be food resources, climate change survival, etc. it will be devastating. I just (selfishly) hope it doesn't happen in my or my kids lifetimes. 
    It will be a pandemic IMO. We're getting there, with all the antibiotic resistant bacteria and superbugs and whatnot.
    Keep smoking that weed then.  It either has health benefits that can save us or at the very least you can get stoned while a pandemic wrecks havick on us...
    I don't understand why you said this or why it came to your mind... I don't even know if it's a friendly comment or not, lol.
    I guess you read to much into it then.  I am 100% in support of Cannabis, not just for recreational, but medicinal as well.  I think it's safe to assume it does not cause harm, it quite possibly is the one supplement that might provide meaningful health benefits...who knows.  Might protect us from a pandemic, who knows...I will continue toking and we'll see.
    It isn’t actually safe to assume it causes no harm. Like anything, they are associated harms as well as benefits. There is research proving potential harms, more so as more research gets completed.  We’ll be getting a much fuller picture in the years to come but it’s unrealistic and ignores current data to day that there are no harms. 
    Well, you let me know when people are dropping dead from weed.  And I know it affects the developing brain, so does alcohol, caffeine, contact sports and probably a host of other things that young people are involved in.

Not that many teens are sitting around smoking 4 joints a day, every day...at least I couldn't...it still cost money.

There's a wide gulf between "dropping dead" and "does not cause any harm". There are harms, and it does not do anyone any good to pretend that cannabis has no potential to cause harm. It just makes the "pro" side look naive. 

Why did you choose "4 joints per day"? Lots of teens use daily or near daily. Regular cannabis use from a young age has been clearly linked to earlier onset of significant mental illness in vulnerable people, in addition to other harms. . Early onset is a major negative prognostic feature. Even a couple of additional years of normal life before psychosis sets in can make a major difference in trajectory of illness. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

There's a wide gulf between "dropping dead" and "does not cause any harm". There are harms, and it does not do anyone any good to pretend that cannabis has no potential to cause harm. It just makes the "pro" side look naive. 

Why did you choose "4 joints per day"? Lots of teens use daily or near daily. Regular cannabis use from a young age has been clearly linked to earlier onset of significant mental illness in vulnerable people, in addition to other harms. . Early onset is a major negative prognostic feature. Even a couple of additional years of normal life before psychosis sets in can make a major difference in trajectory of illness. 
    I was going to write a response, but I decided to smoke a bowl of Blue God (indica) instead. I'm all for research, learning's fun.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Then let me know when the streets of Canadians cities are lined with weed heads.  Fuck people have been smoking weed longer than alcohol has been consumed.  Here we go, it causes psychosis...blah, blah...

Are you really peddling the bullshit that the disease management community loves to pass off?  Those in disease management are responsible for the opioid crisis...

It's reefer madness.  I'll stick to Cannabis and avoid unnecessary pharmaceuticals and their 1000 side effects.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Then let me know when the streets of Canadians cities are lined with weed heads.  Fuck people have been smoking weed longer than alcohol has been consumed.  Here we go, it causes psychosis...blah, blah...

Are you really peddling the bullshit that the disease management community loves to pass off?  Those in disease management are responsible for the opioid crisis...

It's reefer madness.  I'll stick to Cannabis and avoid unnecessary pharmaceuticals and their 1000 side effects.
    And I’ll stick with evidence. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I’ve got a terrible cold so no smoking for me which is fine I really don’t smoke that much these days rather consume thc orally, I’m eating a chocolate to medicate relaxes me so I can just rest ..
    Get well soon, Jose 
    Thanks def don’t want to derail this important thread but last night I was miserable 😩 didn’t even want to try a chocolate this morning I feel a bit better just put 5ml of vegetable canna tincture in my tea uhm uhmm good ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I’ve got a terrible cold so no smoking for me which is fine I really don’t smoke that much these days rather consume thc orally, I’m eating a chocolate to medicate relaxes me so I can just rest ..
    Get well soon, Jose 
    Thanks def don’t want to derail this important thread but last night I was miserable 😩 didn’t even want to try a chocolate this morning I feel a bit better just put 5ml of vegetable canna tincture in my tea uhm uhmm good ..
    What is the “vegetable” part? Aside from the weed, I mean ;)
    A 6 year old unvaccinated boy spent two months in hospital with tetanus, the first case of pediatric tetanus in 30 years. He almost died, and his hospitalization cost over $800,000. 

By the end of the hospitalization, his parents were still refusing to allow him to be vaccinated.

https://apnews.com/26fcd1adcc7246a3adaa2166311c775b
    Vegetable Glycerin I infuse leaf matter with it to extract the THC it’s long proces but it’s worth the wait ..
    Vegetable Glycerin I infuse leaf matter with it to extract the THC it’s long proces but it’s worth the wait ..
    Ah, I see. 

I thought you were making V-8 ;) 
    Ah, I see. 

I thought you were making V-8 ;) 
    Love V-8 uhmm I can always just add the tincture right into Vega drink in morning 😋
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

we all know it is legal in canada. so I'm not sure why you are inferring there is hysteria surrounding its consumption. without redirecting to "well (this) is worse than cannabis", are you denying the potential health risks that cannabis poses, especially to underage people?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Is the government quaritining these WA kids after they separate them from their parents? Why not?

“More than 2,000 people in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody are being quarantined amid an outbreak of mumps and other diseases,” Geneva Sands, Michelle Lou, and Susan Scutti report for CNN. “The numbers of immigrants in custody with a contagious diseases has spiked in the past year. For the previous two years, the agency has not encountered a single case of mumps among its detainees.” 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    There seems to be a$$holes everywhere spewing fear, hate, ignorance  and lies wherever and whenever they can.....

Her son died. And then anti-vaxers attacked her https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/health/anti-vax-harassment-eprise/index.html
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    There are Jewish sects in Brooklyn that are now doing this too.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    There seems to be a$$holes everywhere spewing fear, hate, ignorance  and lies wherever and whenever they can.....

Her son died. And then anti-vaxers attacked her https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/health/anti-vax-harassment-eprise/index.html
    Sick fucks
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I just read that. how horrible. I can't imagine losing a child. then to be attacked for it. jesus. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

New York City declares a public health emergency amid Brooklyn measles outbreak https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/health/measles-new-york-emergency-bn/index.html
        US measles cases reach highest number in nearly three decades, CDC says https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/health/us-measles-highest-since-1994-cdc-bn/index.html
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Disgusting. This anti-vaccinating has to stop. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I wish these anti-vax people could only hurt themselves. Instead they hurt their kids and other people kids. If it only took out anti-vaxers it would just be Darwinism 
    hippiemom = goodness

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"