2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

This is the shit i worry about though...
    https://sports.yahoo.com/fiba-world-cup-team-usa-scrimmage-005910632.html

Damn team losing to a G league squad...
    Me too. But, who knows, MAYBE Pop took a dive? (Let the rest of the World think they're not that good?)

Sucks that the Best players don't want to play in the WC. They prefer the Olympics.
    Olympics is where it's at.  It's not like WC in soccer, not even close.
    Don't agree at all..i don't get it why you see it like this..its the same teams..
    For the fans in the USA its all about the Olympics.

And, it probably won't be the same USA(Team)/ players playing in this year's WC playing in the Olympics.  Maybe a few players so USA could have a completely different team for the Olympics next year.  Most of the good players would rather play in the Olympics.
    The rest of the world have different opinion..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

Me too. But, who knows, MAYBE Pop took a dive? (Let the rest of the World think they're not that good?)

Sucks that the Best players don't want to play in the WC. They prefer the Olympics.
    Don't agree at all..i don't get it why you see it like this..its the same teams..

And, it probably won't be the same USA(Team)/ players playing in this year's WC playing in the Olympics.  Maybe a few players so USA could have a completely different team for the Olympics next year.  Most of the good players would rather play in the Olympics.
    The rest of the world are still trying to beat America.  If they beat this half ass team that is assembled it won't be the same as the Olympic team.

So the rest of the world can gloat about beating our third tier team if that even happens.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I do not believe it is possible for anyone to care less about the olympic basketball team than me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I do not believe it is possible for anyone to care less about the olympic basketball team than me. 
    Communist...
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

The rest of the world are still trying to beat America.  If they beat this half ass team that is assembled it won't be the same as the Olympic team.

So the rest of the world can gloat about beating our third tier team if that even happens.
    2006, on World Cup, Greece kick your ass for good..next day you change your whole system about your national team..
    Why, if all is about the Olympics??
    and i'm sure Mr. Popovich agree with the rest of the world..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

2006, on World Cup, Greece kick your ass for good..next day you change your whole system about your national team..
    I have mentioned before that those are the dark years.  I believe Argentina beat us in the Olympics too?

We want to win but the olympics is where it's at.
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

I have mentioned before that those are the dark years.  I believe Argentina beat us in the Olympics too?

iT'S THE SAME MAN!!
    what about a thread??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

iT'S THE SAME MAN!!
    what about a thread??
    A thread for the WC in hoops?  Not really interested.

I expect the USA to win no matter whom they put out on the court actually.  When the Olympics are played the all-stars are usually playing so it's more fun to watch too.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

Yeah, i believe that, but here in the USA it's all about the Olympics and not just for basketball, for most people.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

iT'S THE SAME MAN!!
    what about a thread??

I expect the USA to win no matter whom they put out on the court actually.  When the Olympics are played the all-stars are usually playing so it's more fun to watch too.
    Alex, you follow the NBA so you know that the players playing in this WC are not the best we can send. I think ther's only 2 All Stars on the WC team. I expect the Olympic team to be almost a completely different team. More  All Stars like Tempo said.

Tempo, would you be surprised if this USA gets beat in the WC? 
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    @cutz

iT'S THE SAME MAN!!
    what about a thread??

Alex, you follow the NBA so you know that the players playing in this WC are not the best we can send. I think ther's only 2 All Stars on the WC team. I expect the Olympic team to be almost a completely different team. More  All Stars like Tempo said.

Tempo, would you be surprised if this USA gets beat in the WC? 
    The competition throughout the world is a LOT stronger than even 10 years ago. At the next Olympics, Canada and Australia will be better than ever before, as will many other countries. Yes, the US team will be stacked with talent, but FIBA basketball is a lot different to NBA basketball. If the US go full strength to the Olympics, they should win, but I don't think it will be an easy road. They had some tough games at the last Olympics too.

As for this World Cup, if the US don't win, that's on them. Any country that beats them gets to lay claim to that until they next meet. You can only beat what turns up to play you. For what it's worth, I think USA should win it, but wouldn't be surprised if there was a loss
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost, no. Won’t be surprised if we won either. 

For whatever reason Spain seems to give us fits and Serbia is pretty damn good. I think that team would fair well in the nba as a whole. 

For whatever reason Spain seems to give us fits and Serbia is pretty damn good. I think that team would fair well in the nba as a whole. 

I won't be surprised either way either.

Spain have the experience with players that have played together for years.

I think Serbia is pretty good too. I saw them play Greece the other day and they beat Greece in OT. But NO Joker or Teodosic for  Serbia(Don't know why. Hurt? just didn't play them? or not playing in the WC?)
    cutz said:

I think Serbia is pretty good too. I saw them play Greece the other day and they beat Greece in OT. But NO Joker or Teodosic for  Serbia(Don't know why. Hurt? just didn't play them? or not playing in the WC?)
    Teodosic dosen't play at all and Jokic was in rest..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

First slap..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    cutz said:

Teodosic is not playing in the WC?
    23scidoo said:
    First slap..
    By Serbia?>LOL
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    First slap..
    By Serbia?>LOL
    You know exactly what I mean Jim..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:

Teodosic is not playing in the WC?
    Nope..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    First slap..
    By Serbia?>LOL
    HAHA>I do, but i had to throw Serbia right back at you.

I told you i thought that some team would beat them, so i'm not surprised.

But, it's not a WC or Olympic game. 

Thanks for the info on Teodosic. Any idea why he's not playing?
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    First slap..
    By Serbia?>LOL
    HAHA>I do, but i had to throw Serbia right back at you.

I told you i thought that some team would beat them, so i'm not surprised.

But, it's not a WC or Olympic game. 

Thanks for the info on Teodosic. Any idea why he's not playing?
    Injury at foot..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Great win by the Australian team over the weekend the USA.  I watched both games and whilst they are only exhibition games to warm up for the World Cup, they were good quality.
    This US team still has plenty of talent and the loss (first one in 13 years) will actually help them going into the world cup.  The core of the Australian team has been together for a long time and Patty Mills crushed it in this game (30 points), but Bogut  was also a massive factor. He controlled the game whenever he was on with his screening and passing  on the perimeter.

It doesn't mean anything in relation to the World Cup, but a great boost to confidence for the Aussies going into the tournament. The USA will still go in as favourites and they will continue to improve, as they comfortably accounted for Canada last night. The FIBA game has some subtle changes compared  to the NBA, which may not seem like much, but does have some effect on the US team.  It should be a close tournament with up to 8 teams expected to challenge for a medal. I expect the US to win it, but it won't be a simple task.

I also have to say the Coach Pop and the US team have been great with their time in Australia. Very respectful and accessible and always promoting the game.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    I don't think USA played that well at all VS Canada.  Canada played bad as they couldn't make a shot  in the First Quarter. 

USA has to clean up their Turnovers as they have had way too many TO's in the 4 games they've played.  Ther in a weak Group for the WC so maybe they can get ther shit together before the tough games? We shall see.
    Police issue arrest warrant for Cousins on domestic violence charge
    7h ago
    Ezra Shaw / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    OAKLAND CALIFORNIA - JUNE 13 DeMarcus Cousins 0 of the Golden State Warriors reacts against the Toronto Raptors in the second half during Game Six of the 2019 NBA Finals at ORACLE Arena on June 13 2019 in Oakland California

(Warning: Story contains coarse language/sensitive content)

An arrest warrant has been issued for Los Angeles Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins in Mobile, Alabama on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, a police spokesperson told A.J. Perez of USA Today Sports.

The municipal court website lists the charge as third-degree harassing communications, ESPN reports. Further details have yet to be disclosed.

The Lakers and the NBA are both investigating Cousins after he was allegedly recorded making a death threat toward his ex-girlfriend.

Cousins' ex-girlfriend says he threatened her during a phone conversation, saying he would "put a bullet in your f------ head" after she refused to allow their seven-year-old son to attend his wedding over the weekend. She has since filed for a restraining order against the 29-year-old.

"Yes, a warrant has been signed," the woman confirmed to Perez on Thursday.

Cousins is expected to miss most, if not all, of next season while recovering from a torn ACL suffered during a private workout in Las Vegas earlier this month. He signed a one-year, $3.5-million contract with the Lakers in July.

• cutz said:
    Police issue arrest warrant for Cousins on domestic violence charge
    7h ago
    Ezra Shaw / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    OAKLAND CALIFORNIA - JUNE 13 DeMarcus Cousins 0 of the Golden State Warriors reacts against the Toronto Raptors in the second half during Game Six of the 2019 NBA Finals at ORACLE Arena on June 13 2019 in Oakland California

(Warning: Story contains coarse language/sensitive content)

An arrest warrant has been issued for Los Angeles Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins in Mobile, Alabama on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, a police spokesperson told A.J. Perez of USA Today Sports.

The municipal court website lists the charge as third-degree harassing communications, ESPN reports. Further details have yet to be disclosed.

The Lakers and the NBA are both investigating Cousins after he was allegedly recorded making a death threat toward his ex-girlfriend.

Cousins' ex-girlfriend says he threatened her during a phone conversation, saying he would "put a bullet in your f------ head" after she refused to allow their seven-year-old son to attend his wedding over the weekend. She has since filed for a restraining order against the 29-year-old.

"Yes, a warrant has been signed," the woman confirmed to Perez on Thursday.

Cousins is expected to miss most, if not all, of next season while recovering from a torn ACL suffered during a private workout in Las Vegas earlier this month. He signed a one-year, $3.5-million contract with the Lakers in July.

Lakers curse continues...
  • Team USA barely squeaked out their last two wins in that FIBA thingy.

They don't look real good...
  • I can't find the actual video but it is hysterical.  If I do find it or someone else beats me to it, please post!

Petrovic the Brazil coach is talking and the camera FINALLY pans over to him and he says his 40yo player kicked Giannis' ass and mic drops, walks out.

Love it but can't find it.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/09/03/brazil-coach-rips-giannis-fiba-world-cup-greece
    Here it is. If it starts at the beginning fast forward to about  16:05

https://youtu.be/6F2U2WL12Eo?t=968
  • cutz said:

HA!  Love it!  Thanks!!!
    cutz said:

HA!  Love it!  Thanks!!!
    Yeah, it was funny.

But, you can be a wise ass when you only play once(in most WC Tourneys). 

What i want to know is how come Giannis took 7 shots? Greek coach?