Options

Is This What Society Has Become...Sad

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
'They left him to die': B.C. teen's overdose death filmed on social media, family says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/langley-teen-skate-park-overdose-1.5242582

Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    'They left him to die': B.C. teen's overdose death filmed on social media, family says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/langley-teen-skate-park-overdose-1.5242582

Never heard of Kitty Genovese?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Everyone in the video and part of that video should be arrested for something. That is sickening and horrible. A message needs to be sent. I don’t care if they are just kids. And the fact they left him alone shows no remorse or humanity. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2019
    Horrible, I think those teens have lost their hearts somewhere.  Who needs enemies when having friends like that.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Won’t watch it , its terrible what has happened to our younger generations ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    I don't understand people (the kids give the drugs and the ones shooting video) with no moral values whatsoever.  This is called "sociopathic" and these kinds need to be locked up or given lobotomies or something to render them harmless.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Texas man videotaped licking icecream...This is the 2nd incident in Texas recently...WTF is the matter some of these people.  Tampering with food should be 20 years no parole.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I agree. I don’t even like to share food with the wife and kid. But some asshole gross stranger tainting my food. You should be able to get four free kicks to the groin if it’s a guy. Don’t believe in hitting women but maybe a little time in solitary confinement like a day or ten during that 20 years. After 20 years you are eligible for parole but must register as a food abuser and can not serve food for life. Even at home. So so gross. 
  • Options
    I agree. I don’t even like to share food with the wife and kid. But some asshole gross stranger tainting my food. You should be able to get four free kicks to the groin if it’s a guy. Don’t believe in hitting women but maybe a little time in solitary confinement like a day or ten during that 20 years. After 20 years you are eligible for parole but must register as a food abuser and can not serve food for life. Even at home. So so gross. 
    I am so with you on tainted food.  A few years ago they caught a food vendor a Detroit Tiger game spitting on a pizza and serving it...leaving anyone at the game who ate pizza that night...was mine tainted...ugh.   and gross.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I'm not comfortable with some of the barbaric solutions to food abusers that come to mind (but I admit I did think them), so I don't know what the solution to that is.  Monitoring the person maybe?  Registering them as a food abuser for sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Give food abusers food poisoning?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Interesting notion.  Food poisoning is definitely no fun.  I've had it twice.  The worst time rendered me unconscious for three days in a hospital.   That would definitely be a deterrent.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Interesting notion.  Food poisoning is definitely no fun.  I've had it twice.  The worst time rendered me unconscious for three days in a hospital.   That would definitely be a deterrent.
    I have never had.  My sister twice and she has never eaten at those places again...she says the same thing...food poisoning is nasty.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I’ve had food poisoning a couple times. I got it the first time over 20+ years ago from Boston Market and can’t even smell the food there without getting nauseous to this day. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    The situation with the boy’s death is indeed sad and horrible, but unfortunately the only newish  aspect about it is that it was filmed and put online, and that’s only because it’s just recently that this has become easy to do. Mob mentality has been with us for as long as there have been humans, and has expressed itself in many horrific ways over the centuries.  I don’t think humans have become less empathic in general individually, but groups we can be awful. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    The situation with the boy’s death is indeed sad and horrible, but unfortunately the only newish  aspect about it is that it was filmed and put online, and that’s only because it’s just recently that this has become easy to do. Mob mentality has been with us for as long as there have been humans, and has expressed itself in many horrific ways over the centuries.  I don’t think humans have become less empathic in general individually, but groups we can be awful. 
    Well said and you are correct. The only difference I see these days are the desire to grab your phone and record it instead of doing something to help. It’s disgusting how people are so attention starved that they would rather record than help. As the best Slipknot song says. People = shit
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    I have only heard this said once so not sure that it is a cliche; either way I like it.

A person is smart; people are stupid.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    the new Popeye's chix sandwich is better anyways

f chickfila and their right wing nut job owners
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    I went to get a Popeyes chicken sandwich yesterday and there was a sign on the door. All sold out. Epic fail. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Don’t mess with folks processed fast foods you’ll catch an ass whipping..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Don’t mess with folks processed fast foods you’ll catch an ass whipping..
    LOL...yup it seems that way.
    Give Peas A Chance…