Eddie broke me....:(

2»

Comments

• lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 98
    That’s not humerus. 
  • I can relate
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
  • 3days said:
    I just have to ask this... only for clarification purposes. You preferred "this latest tour" to any tours you saw with John Entwistle? 
    i'm a PETE freak. i love roger, john and keith....but the reason why i am who fan is cause of pete's brilliance as a singer/songwriter/guitar player(the triple threat)
    i never saw john play with an orchestra, unlike the current who tour! and a ton of killer who songs do well with an orchestra. tommy, quad especially !!
    i am a QUAD FREAK. i have said it before but QUAD is the greatest piece of music(2 LP's) ever written by anyone. and the directors cut edition of QUAD is top shelf. TY TY PT for that release   :)
    and i have to rave about ZAK here because I never got to see keith play but i am over the top impressed with zak's drumming. I've seen who tours without zak but imo zak drives the music today to incredible heights because of his style of drumming.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I saw The Who once and I left early.  
    suffice it to say that perhaps you don't love pete townshend? just say it....
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2019
    Saltzy23 said:
    Did they ask your permission to put up the images or just swipe the story off here like most of their shit?
    I was literally on the shitter on my phone and had an article pop up in my news feed about a PJ fan sustaining a terrible injury and I was like, 'Oh wow.  I guess there is another idiot out there like me.'

....then I was like, 'Wait!  That idiot is me!'

I posted it all in an open forum on a message board.  I can't really expect to have to grant permission to use the image and story.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Did they ask your permission to put up the images or just swipe the story off here like most of their shit?
    I was literally on the shitter on my phone had an article pop up in my news feed about a PJ fan sustaining a terrible injury and I was like, 'Oh wow.  I guess there is another idiot out there like me.'

....then I was like, 'Wait!  That idiot is me!'

I posted it all in an open forum on a message board.  I can'r really expect to have to grant permission to use the image and story.
    For a site living off ad revenue (and living off shitty clickbait-headlines) - yes your should expect to have to grant permission to use your images.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    And this is a paid forum.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    100%. Never could get into The Who.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    100%. Never could get into The Who.  
    went to see them on the endless wire tour. it was more of a bucket list item than anything else. i was underwhelmed. so was my dad. I simply cannot understand the fascination with them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    I personally love The Who but to each their own.  Criticisms of their recent tours / live shows may be warranted but then again they are literally half the band they used to be. 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    SM187650 said:
    I personally love The Who but to each their own.  Criticisms of their recent tours / live shows may be warranted but then again they are literally half the band they used to be. 
    That's it. I'm not saying that Pete and Roger aren't great. They are vital ingredients, but how could The Who still be The Who after losing one of the best r'n'r drummers in history, and then losing one of the best bassists in history? How could it possibly be the same, or on par, or -gasp- better? It could not be. 

I think that if half of a band's members are different, then the band should be touring under a different name. I realize that it's a branding/recognition thing, but it just ain't the same band. 

3days said:
    SM187650 said:
    That's it. I'm not saying that Pete and Roger aren't great. They are vital ingredients, but how could The Who still be The Who after losing one of the best r'n'r drummers in history, and then losing one of the best bassists in history? How could it possibly be the same, or on par, or -gasp- better? It could not be. 

I think that if half of a band's members are different, then the band should be touring under a different name. I realize that it's a branding/recognition thing, but it just ain't the same band. 

that's just it. people get all hung up on a name, when in reality, all a band name is, as you alluded to, is a way for people to know who is playing. 

far more people would go to Burger King if it was still Burger King than if it was renamed That Whopper Place. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Ouch!  Omg!  You went how many days without getting this looked at?  What a badass, lol
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Eddie broke you?  No, you broke you.  LOL
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    Ouch!  Omg!  You went how many days without getting this looked at?  What a badass, lol
    This happened on 7/6.  Stayed until the end of the show, took train back to AirBNB, slept, woke up, took train to airport and plane to Amsterdam the next day.  Trains all over Holland and Amsterdam for 3 days.  Flight back to the UK on 7/10.  Take in Manchester and Liverpool over 2 days.  Train to London.  One night there.  Train to Heathrow.  Fly home on 7/14.

Find out on 7/15 I destroyed it.  Told on 7/16 I need surgery. Opened up and have 10 screws put in on 7/18.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Your more than tough. That’s crazy. 

I think the thread read should be called. The Who broke me with their boringness. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.