Options

Posters

Hi everyone, 
I am an exchange student from Vietnam and this post is for a college project. The project is to find stories/meaning behind many Pearl Jam's posters from 2008 to recent. At the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle, there is a Pearl Jam suite opened 18 months ago in dedication to the band and there are a lot of posters that the band gave to the hotel to display them on the wall of the Pearl Jam Suite. I am in charge of finding the inspiration behind those amazing works.
Besides the 13 Years of Tours Posters by Pearl Jam & Ames Bros, where can I find those stories/meanings/explanation/inspiration of the tour posters? Or any stories that you know would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    It will take some time, but go through artist instagrams and websites. You can find a lot of stories there. Some don’t have a story, just art. Also check for photos of the back of the posters, they have little stories for 2013 and later. 

Use expressobeans.com or collectionzz to help. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Brad Klausen has a book that covers a lot of his earlier PJ poster work as well, think copies are available in the PJ shop.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Excellent answers, everyone! A college student should be prepared and eager to do the time-consuming research necessary for a project such as this. You have all provided excellent resources for this interesting information. Carry on, student! :)
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    Check out the poster from the show they played on August 13, 2018.
  • Options
    tu.n.letu.n.le Posts: 3
    Brilliant ideas guys! Thanks for the support!
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386