Options

Is this the best song from the 2010s ?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
edited July 2019 in Other Music
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    no, its Dancing on my Own. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    I'm sure somebody loves it (and good for those who do), but to me it sounds ultra generic, like something was made by a computer.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    brianlux said:
    I'm sure somebody loves it (and good for those who do), but to me it sounds ultra generic, like something was made by a computer.

Sia has one, if not the best, voices in the business Brian.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:

I'm sure she has a great voiced- it's just generic sounding music to my ears.  Not meant to be a put down, just not the kind of music I enjoy.  I probably should not have said anything.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I'm sure she has a great voiced- it's just generic sounding music to my ears.  Not meant to be a put down, just not the kind of music I enjoy.  I probably should not have said anything.
    No I get it Brian.  It is modern pop, so I get it.

I happen to enjoy this song though because she is head and shoulders above everyone.
  • Options
    Chandelier is a banger. 

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    We all know the best song of the 2010's is "Sirens."
  • Options
    My vote for best song of the 2010's is:

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    brianlux said:
    My vote for best song of the 2010's is:

Several Shades of Why
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    I FUCKING LOVE SIA! lol. It's true. I collect her vinyl and everytime I'm taking the night off (be that going out with the wife or just having people over to party) I always pull out Sia vinyl.
    I'm guilty of going down the rabbit hole of Sia videos from time to time. She's the quirkiest female singer I've seen in a while and she writes awesome tunes and seems "somewhat" normal. Checks all the boxes for my tastes.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Shes an amazing songwriter
  • Options
    no, its Dancing on my Own. 
    Swedish pride!

Prefer Call Your Girlfriend and Show me Love to Dancing on my Own though...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianlux said:

You have to widen your horizon. Not everything in the world can be late 90s Nu metal. 

https://youtu.be/8Hg_rIqOZHc

IIIIM GONNA FLY LIKE A BIRD THROUGH THE NIIIGGHT
    FEEL ME TEARS AS THEY DRYYYY
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:
    I FUCKING LOVE SIA! lol. It's true. I collect her vinyl and everytime I'm taking the night off (be that going out with the wife or just having people over to party) I always pull out Sia vinyl.
    I'm guilty of going down the rabbit hole of Sia videos from time to time. She's the quirkiest female singer I've seen in a while and she writes awesome tunes and seems "somewhat" normal. Checks all the boxes for my tastes.
    She was on my Pandora playlist which is where I discovered her.  When Chandelier came out I was like "I know this Sia name" but the music was very different from what I was introduced to previously.

Anyone hear her take on the Hamilton Mix tape?

Amazing.
  • Options
    Pasty white chick spasms around on floor while screaming. 

God, it sucks getting old and a bit cynical.  I'm happy for ya'll digging the music though.

• Options
    Thats not Sia in the video.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Pasty white chick spasms around on floor while screaming. 

God, it sucks getting old and a bit cynical.  I'm happy for ya'll digging the music though.
    Sia is to the right. 

The girl dancing is not Sia. She, Maddie, is a girl Sia kept through many of her music videos and incorporated into her live show.

• Options
    Chris Cornell would have done an amazing cover of Chandelier. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,286
    No. Not even close.

Are we using any particular criteria here, other than opinions? It’s a good pop song, but I’m not a fan of Sia’s vocals and there’s nothing too special about the music, so that’s as far as it goes for me.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    @brianlux

Get ready to fall in love

https://youtu.be/S_RzBeC5ZJY
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @brianlux

Get ready to fall in love
    https://youtu.be/S_RzBeC5ZJY
    nnnnnnnnnno, sorry.  I was kind of  hoping it would be more like...

:smiley: