Options

Carrie Fisher

OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
edited January 17 in All Encompassing Trip
What a funny individual she was. I miss her books already. :(

From The Princess Diarist:

I call people sometimes hoping not only that they'll verify the fact that I'm alive but that they'll also, however indirectly, convince me that being alive is an appropriate state for me to be in. Because sometimes I don't think it's such a bright idea. Is it worth the trouble it takes trying to live life so that someday you get something worthwhile out of it, instead of it almost always taking worthwhile things out of you?

Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,003
    Reading this at the moment. Has some funny quotes from her too:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Surrender the Pink was one of my favorite books of the 1990s. She had an uncanny ability to find the humor in the most painfully sad experiences. I'll never forget seeing Wishful Drinking on Broadway. I can't think of anyone else who could make talking about themselves for a couple of hours so damn warm and entertaining, even when recounting cringeworthy personal episodes. I think she was just born with a "no bullshit" sensibility, and she applied it internally as well as externally. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    dankind said:
    Surrender the Pink was one of my favorite books of the 1990s. She had an uncanny ability to find the humor in the most painfully sad experiences. I'll never forget seeing Wishful Drinking on Broadway. I can't think of anyone else who could make talking about themselves for a couple of hours so damn warm and entertaining, even when recounting cringeworthy personal episodes. I think she was just born with a "no bullshit" sensibility, and she applied it internally as well as externally. 
    Thank you for bringing into focus exactly why she was special! The last sentence really nails it, and explains why we would be drawn to her. You should always speak for me, Dan. I need your phone number so I can put you on speaker phone when I have an evaluation at work. ;)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383