Options

Facebook

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Yeah well volunteering to get on marketing firms distribution list and volunteering personal information will have its consequences.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,698
    This is great. Adbook is tipping their hand as to how they will generate ad revenue.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I have a FB page, that I really want to delete, but I belong to some pretty cool groups that I would miss being part of. I pretty much went through my page a deleted just about everything though.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    I knew it everyone on facecrap is like test dummies ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    :| mmm mmm mmm mmm
    mmm mmm mmm mmm :|
    Once, there was this kiiiiiid whoooo
    Created a facebook account and couldn't change his settings
    But whe'hen, he finally learned how...
    It... Was.... too late he couldn't pre-vent them....

He couldn't quite explain it
    He posted some gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

And thennnnn there was this girrrrrrl who
    Logged on to her facebook she had not been on in minutes
    and whennnnnnnnn she scrolled down for a while
    She..... Learned..... That suzy had changed her nails....
    She couldn't quite accept that
    But she still said they look greayyyyyyyyyyyy'ayyyyyyt

:-O AWWWWWWWWWW'AWWWWA'WWWWW ...
    :-O WHYYYYYY'HYYYYYYY'HYYYYYYYYY
    ;;)
    The peeeeeople... just nehhhhhhver cared
    About the boy or girrrrls odd hair
    ;;)

:-O AWWWWWWWWWW'AWWWWA'WWWWW ...
    :-O WHYYYYYY'HYYYYYYY'HYYYYYYYYY

;;)

(lyrical interpretation of "gay" - cuz our society is suuuuuper sensitive to it, which is fucked. I mean "gay" not in a homosexual way. He posted a selfie of his weird Beiber hair cut that is 2 years old. and he's 41. the man has issues ok? Thanks for understanding. It's so sad)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I see people posting pictures of their dinner....or lunch.....WTF ? and why do people feel the need to post their relationship up's and downs on facebook ? I am always "unfriending" someone because of the embarassing crap they post.

Godfather.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Yeah thought about this bit more. With new smart phones I can share pictures, send quick messages to all my friends. Or post message here for all my virtual friends on train if I have the urge.

Thinking only reason to have FB is to hook up with old flame or find someone in your past.

Ah God Father am guilty sending pictures of fine meals to my GF when she's not with me. It's fun and your not then eating alone but again smart phone covers this
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    hahhahahha yeah, I've seen a few pic's that got removed pretty quick like one of miley during a sexual act and a club party that someone had taken some .....pic's but it only took about 10 to 15 min's before the mods derleted them.

Godfather.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    callen said:

Thinking only reason to have FB is to hook up with old flame or find someone in your past.

Bingo. I wonder how many relationships have ended due to Facebook. I nearly had one end myself due to it. I liken fb to being out at a bar, inhibitions are lowered, there's no face to face, why not just send a quick message to said old flame to see how she responds.
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    unsung said:

callen said:

Bingo. I wonder how many relationships have ended due to Facebook. I nearly had one end myself due to it. I liken fb to being out at a bar, inhibitions are lowered, there's no face to face, why not just send a quick message to said old flame to see how she responds.
    Or how many jobs were lost. We sacked a girl at a former place of work due to Facebook posts. She called in sick with a serious stomach bug and said she'd be out for a week. Two days later she posts pictures of herself half-naked partying hard in a club at 2AM.

If you think she couldn't get more stupid than that: she didn't understand what the problem was when we asked her to come in and handed her her papers. She didn't care that others had to do her work or that it was unfair for her to be paid for playing hooky while everyone else was working for their salaries. She just thought she had deserved a good time and didn't want to use up any vacation time for it (which is 25 days per year over here btw). Situations like these make me feel old...
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    yeah. Im an HR guy and every conference call training/meeting I remind everyone to watch themselves on FB.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited July 2014
    I hardly use FB anymore. It's one of the least interesting/important websites in my bookmarks list. I can see it going the same way as Myspace - slowly disappearing into obscurity and irrelevance.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sonja, situations like the one you described make me feel pissed off...and a little deflated/flummoxed at the sheer idiocy and cluelessness some people have - hell, that some people even flaunt.

My husband recently landed a kickass job, and I'm sure they ran a social media search on him. So thankful neither of us participate in it.

(p-r-i-v-a-c-y is priceless to me :) )
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    unsung said:

callen said:

Facebook doesn't end relationships....people with facebook end relationships ;)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    I kind of liked FB up until they quit allowing me to hide my posting activity from "friends" timelines.

I basically block all annoying people from my feed (still friends but I don't see their posting activity) so that the majority of my feed is news and people that I don't mind seeing updates on.

what sucks is now all of my friends see every time I post something....I like politics so I know seeing someone yap about politics on FB all the time is really annoying (especially if you don't agree with them). Because of this I have basically stopped posting much.

I did create a fake profile to post anonymously but it's kind of a pain to switch back and forth
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I have a couple friends that I have wives that I am fb friends with. These girls constantly post messages about their pyramid scheme health drinks and all post the same inspirational message of the day. It is all marketing. Like I said before if I were not involved with some groups that I enjoy I would have deleted it a long time ago. I just don't post personal stuff anymore.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I liked fb for relatives updates or recipes otherwise I had no other choice but to give up on it, its really annoying and ruined by all the crap that its attached with now.. If things were different with facebook I would have given it another go but am sick and frustrated of it..
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    unsung said:

I have a couple friends that I have wives that I am fb friends with. These girls constantly post messages about their pyramid scheme health drinks and all post the same inspirational message of the day. It is all marketing. Like I said before if I were not involved with some groups that I enjoy I would have deleted it a long time ago. I just don't post personal stuff anymore.

yeah I've got a few "friends" that are always posting crap about Melaleuca which has all kinds of bad history attached to it

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    My Facebook page consists of only people who are relatives or close friends. I "de-friended" the rest. It also consists of me never, ever posting anything other than commenting extremely rarely on something a family member posts.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I admit I like facebook for the most part. I post something (always neutral) once a month perhaps? Usually a video, funny observation, pic of the kid, etc...

Various people on there drive me nuts and I dont understand why/how they think updating 20 times a day is a good idea.

News-breakers drive me nuts
    Vaguebookers who just constantly complain about imaginary/undisclosed obstacles
    Crossfit champions/other pyramid schemers
    Sports front running/bandwagon "super fans"
    Insecure people who post things every step of every day and make everything look/sound fantastic.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103

Facebook doesn't end relationships....people with facebook end relationships ;)

Well done!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    hedonist said:

Sonja, situations like the one you described make me feel pissed off...and a little deflated/flummoxed at the sheer idiocy and cluelessness some people have - hell, that some people even flaunt.

My husband recently landed a kickass job, and I'm sure they ran a social media search on him. So thankful neither of us participate in it.

(p-r-i-v-a-c-y is priceless to me :) )

Me too. I'm grateful I now work for a company that wouldn't even hire those party girls in the first place. I actually called out my former bosses for hiring for bust size instead of skills. Over here, you stil get paid in full if you're sick, even if it is a month. You get 25 days vacation a year and we have about 40 public holidays (catholic country). Compared to other countries this is paradise, so I don't get how some people feel entitled to more time off.

Congrats to your hubby! :-bd

Absolutely, everyone checks now. We had an interview with a potential new recruit yesterday. I asked him if he got bored easily and if he always finished things he started which he of course answered with 'yes'. My next question: so why did you abandon your wordpress blog and twitter feed, considering you list social media as a job skill? His face was priceless.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,984
    Reviving this thread.

5 Billion dollars and it might not make a dent...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/24/tech/facebook-ftc-settlement/index.html