Options

Would love to see PJ tour in India, South Africa, Russia, China, etc...

brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
edited July 2019 in The Porch
What country would you want them to play that they have not been to yet? I am wondering why a big band like Pearl Jam avoids touring certain parts of the world? Is it just financially not feasible to play India, South Africa, Russia, China, etc? Is it no interest? (find that hard to believe). 

I really admire how Metallica have been explorers. (Kind of the opposite of someone like Grateful Dead who really didn't travel off the beaten path - well, with the exception of Egypt - that was cool ;)

If you were in a band wouldn't you want to play the world?!?
Post edited by broloco on

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    God bless the dork with a number on his hand trying to cut a bunch of Russians in a GA line
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I’d love to see them come back to the US some day. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,188
    Russia and China are not free countries.  You have to watch what you say. You can't go in there just spouting off about whatever you want. I wouldn't want to be censored if I had a platform like that. Obviously, I am not a PJ spokesman but I would venture a guess it has something to do with that.  Not sure about South Africa or India (maybe a lack of fans?)

Metallica doesn't really get into a lot of dialogue they just play music with a little bit of chatter between some songs to interact but nothing like what Eddie does.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    pjl44 said:
    God bless the dork with a number on his hand trying to cut a bunch of Russians in a GA line
    I agree with jimjam, but this is hilarious.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    lol  =)
  • Options
    Russia and China are not free countries.  You have to watch what you say. You can't go in there just spouting off about whatever you want. I wouldn't want to be censored if I had a platform like that. Obviously, I am not a PJ spokesman but I would venture a guess it has something to do with that.  Not sure about South Africa or India (maybe a lack of fans?)

Metallica doesn't really get into a lot of dialogue they just play music with a little bit of chatter between some songs to interact but nothing like what Eddie does.
    Thanks... I did have the lack of fans thing in my head, but the censorship thing is a great theory! I do love his in between banter - what he says makes me proud to be a fan. 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 807
    They could play some of the countries you mentioned with the exception of China. Seriously doubt they'd be let in there let alone play due to having played the Tibetan Freedom Concert multiple times.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    They could play some of the countries you mentioned with the exception of China. Seriously doubt they'd be let in there let alone play due to having played the Tibetan Freedom Concert multiple times.
    That’s right...I was actually at that ‘98 show!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    on2legs said:
    there's the right answer.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......