Hostess Brands products

13»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    Renfield said:
    I’m not sure nutrition facts are going to hold much sway here... 
    I believe you are correct ;)
    It wasn’t like I was trying to be a Debbie Downer- it’s just shocking to see the amount of sugar.
    And, I can appreciate the research.  Had no idea it was more than 2x by the facts.... although I thought it had more sugary awfulness/goodness.
    and only 30 more calories......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Honorable mention goes to Zebra Cakes. 
    Maybe they are Little Debbie, not sure, but same fakecake kind of treat.
    Little Debbie has the great and glorious Nutty Bars...oh and the Oatmeal Creme Pies...and Star Crunch...

Damn.  
    What a showdown.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    The fight of the Millennium, Little Debbie vs Hostess!
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    rgambs said:
    The fight of the Millennium, Little Debbie vs Hostess!
    That is not a fight. #HostessAllTheWay :wink:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Sorry, no contest.
    Fudge Rounds and Nutty Bars alone slay the Hostess Brand!
    Hostess Cupcakes are pretty awesome, and Ho Hos are pretty good, but I don't actually know anyone who like or eats Twinkies.  Maybe it's a regional thing, but I've only ever seen one eaten in TV/movies.

It's really not even fair to everything else to include Nutty Bars.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    rgambs said:
    Sorry, no contest.
    Hostess Cupcakes are pretty awesome, and Ho Hos are pretty good, but I don't actually know anyone who like or eats Twinkies.  Maybe it's a regional thing, but I've only ever seen one eaten in TV/movies.

Post of the year.  This is a guy who knows the munchies.  Fudge Round and Nutty Bars are the pinnacle.  Great call. 
    Nutty bars have those icky wafer thingies in them. I can agree that fudge rounds are good, but the rest are not really my gig. 

A Twinkie can be quite delicious! Again, frozen is a must. Zingers. (Vanilla only) Suzy Qs, Ding Dongs, the lil chocolate chip mini muffins, coffee cakes.... There was a Hostess Outlet just a mile away. When they announced they were going out of business, the store was jammed. I used to take my niece and nephew in, hand them $5 each and they would leave the store with a bag loaded down with snack cake goodness. Boxes were $1 each. Singles were 3/$1. I bought bread every few weeks, but the kids did snack cake heaven. 

I am their favorite aunt. :smiley:
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Renfield said:
    Oh fuck, is YouTube a rabbit hole.
    So...I was looking for an easy video showing the greatness of Zingers....and I found yet another YouTube video that made me scared.  Scared for people and scared about people.
    I shut it down once he started mimicking the devil, but I imagine this guy eating people that he kidnapped and has stored away in his closet (likely alive, in boxes with air-holes, where he feeds them just enough food and water to keep them going) vs. eating hostess snack foods.

Wow.

Lol! He’s a politician 

Ran reconnaissance at the 7-11 near my office. Not yet ready-may have to be triple dog dared into it.

Wow, $2.59!!  Remember when they were under a buck.
    Triple Dog Dare...and you must select the vanilla ones and eat all three in rapid order. 

Nice research on the creeper politician.  It was tough to steer away from his Donate page.
    The gauntlet has been thrown down...challenge accepted & completed.  Now I need a sugar detox. Sorry folks-not my thing.

deadendp said:
    Nutty bars have those icky wafer thingies in them. I can agree that fudge rounds are good, but the rest are not really my gig. 

A Twinkie can be quite delicious! Again, frozen is a must. Zingers. (Vanilla only) Suzy Qs, Ding Dongs, the lil chocolate chip mini muffins, coffee cakes.... There was a Hostess Outlet just a mile away. When they announced they were going out of business, the store was jammed. I used to take my niece and nephew in, hand them $5 each and they would leave the store with a bag loaded down with snack cake goodness. Boxes were $1 each. Singles were 3/$1. I bought bread every few weeks, but the kids did snack cake heaven. 

I am their favorite aunt. :smiley:
    Sweet baby Jeebus can I be your nephew??
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Sorry, no contest.

Post of the year.  This is a guy who knows the munchies.  Fudge Round and Nutty Bars are the pinnacle.  Great call. 
    Hahaha truth.
    I like my dry buzz and I live to eat.
    I work out 2-2.5 hours every day because that's easier for me than living without Little Debbie's and Hostesses.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Southern Culture on the Skids shows were epic back in the day.

Banana pudding served (kind of) with “Banana Pudding.”

They got a couple of their songs onto the Super Troopers soundtrack as well. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2019
    Oh, and does anyone mind if I see fit to drag Entenmann’s into the ring for a while?

Come at me, yo!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Southern Culture on the Skids shows were epic back in the day.

Banana pudding served (kind of) with “Banana Pudding.”

They got a couple of their songs onto the Super Troopers soundtrack as well. 
    I was completely lost for a minute... checked them out on YouTube.  This is very groovy!
    https://youtu.be/4nU5ADbJXz4
    dankind said:
    Oh, and does anyone mind if I see fit to drag Entenmann’s into the ring for a while?

Come at me, yo!
    C’mon in... all welcome here. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    Oh fuck, is YouTube a rabbit hole.
    So...I was looking for an easy video showing the greatness of Zingers....and I found yet another YouTube video that made me scared.  Scared for people and scared about people.
    I shut it down once he started mimicking the devil, but I imagine this guy eating people that he kidnapped and has stored away in his closet (likely alive, in boxes with air-holes, where he feeds them just enough food and water to keep them going) vs. eating hostess snack foods.

Wow.

Lol! He’s a politician 

Ran reconnaissance at the 7-11 near my office. Not yet ready-may have to be triple dog dared into it.

Wow, $2.59!!  Remember when they were under a buck.
    Triple Dog Dare...and you must select the vanilla ones and eat all three in rapid order. 

Nice research on the creeper politician.  It was tough to steer away from his Donate page.
    The gauntlet has been thrown down...challenge accepted & completed.  Now I need a sugar detox. Sorry folks-not my thing.

Ha!  Awesome.  A+ effort.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    dankind said:

Come at me, yo!
    Is that in the categories of fake fruits and vegetables?  I don't anything even pretending to be healthier in my snack! 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Those always-taste-stale Choco donuts from Entenmanns are pretty good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Come at me, yo!
    Is that in the categories of fake fruits and vegetables?  I don't anything even pretending to be healthier in my snack! 

I’m not a chocolate lover. The banana bread cakes are good tho’

Coffee crumb.. you can even pretend it's breakfast
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:

Come at me, yo!
    Hey, it worked for Elaine...for a while. 
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Come at me, yo!
    Hey, it worked for Elaine...for a while. 
    I love that I was thinking of it, get to the bottom and you did, too!
    https://youtu.be/gNwuUVWBtpM
    https://youtu.be/kSOhCs9frzs
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Renfield said:
    Anyone in NYC remember eating a Chocodile?Image result for chocodile
    It's a chocolate covered twinkie w a different name from years ago.

I LOVED these.
    Never heard of it, had to look it up. Says they are available on the East Coast again.

History 
    The Chocodile mascot was formerly Chauncey Chocodile, but Hostess has removed him from packaging and their website in recent years. Since the late 1990s, Chocodiles have no longer been sold on the East Coast of the United States. Hostess had only a few West Coast factories making them, and to ensure the products' freshness, Chocodiles were sold only on the West Coast.

There has been debate over whether a Chocodile is a chocolate-covered Twinkie. The debate arose from the seeming "texture difference" between the Twinkie and the Chocodile. During a taste test and debate in Vacaville, California, opinions were split among those taking the test, as to whether the taste of the cake was the same. This issue was resolved during a show on the Food Network where it was confirmed by Hostess that the Chocodile was, in fact, a chocolate-covered Twinkie. This has caused consternation for some who continue to swear the cake is different. In actuality, it's the chocolate that makes the difference. Due to the chocolate coating, the cake tends to stay more moist, leading to the slightly different texture when compared to a normal Twinkie[citation needed].

In 2014, Hostess Brands reintroduced the cake as "Chocodile Twinkies".[1] The new cakes are 1.45 oz. each, and are labelled as "Fun size" as the original Chocodiles were 2 oz. each. They are also now available on the East Coast.

In 2017, Hostess reintroduced the full sized Chocodiles as "Fudge Covered Twinkies".
    It was years ago that I ate the chocodile.

Nice to learn a little more about it actually!

Thanks!!!

Anyone else ever have these?
    Holy crap! I remember those. Have not seen them in years, though.
    ELITIST FUK
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    In my younger days (daze?), probably ate over 1000 of these:

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hobbes said:
    In my younger days (daze?), probably ate over 1000 of these:

Me too but the cherry ones I can’t resist , my wife gets pissed if I bring them home when I go shopping so I buy them and just bring the box to work lol ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

My daughter was jazzed when she thought I was buying her a box of snack cakes. Nope, just need a picture. Such a mean mom! 
    deadendp said:

My daughter was jazzed when she thought I was buying her a box of snack cakes. Nope, just need a picture. Such a mean mom! 
    Honestly, that is quite a bait and switch.  
    mrussel1 said:
    deadendp said:

Honestly, that is quite a bait and switch.  
    She's 15 1/2. She'll survive. :lol: 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Renfield said:

I LOVED these.
    Never heard of it, had to look it up. Says they are available on the East Coast again.

History 
    The Chocodile mascot was formerly Chauncey Chocodile, but Hostess has removed him from packaging and their website in recent years. Since the late 1990s, Chocodiles have no longer been sold on the East Coast of the United States. Hostess had only a few West Coast factories making them, and to ensure the products' freshness, Chocodiles were sold only on the West Coast.

There has been debate over whether a Chocodile is a chocolate-covered Twinkie. The debate arose from the seeming "texture difference" between the Twinkie and the Chocodile. During a taste test and debate in Vacaville, California, opinions were split among those taking the test, as to whether the taste of the cake was the same. This issue was resolved during a show on the Food Network where it was confirmed by Hostess that the Chocodile was, in fact, a chocolate-covered Twinkie. This has caused consternation for some who continue to swear the cake is different. In actuality, it's the chocolate that makes the difference. Due to the chocolate coating, the cake tends to stay more moist, leading to the slightly different texture when compared to a normal Twinkie[citation needed].

In 2014, Hostess Brands reintroduced the cake as "Chocodile Twinkies".[1] The new cakes are 1.45 oz. each, and are labelled as "Fun size" as the original Chocodiles were 2 oz. each. They are also now available on the East Coast.

In 2017, Hostess reintroduced the full sized Chocodiles as "Fudge Covered Twinkies".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuej22Iy-GU

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238004/swear-to-me
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Renfield said:

I LOVED these.

History 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuej22Iy-GU

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238004/swear-to-me
    :lol: