Options

Cubs games at Wrigley

Thinking about catching a game this summer, any vantage point that will get me the best value for my buck? Surprisingly a ton of tickets available on the Hub or is there anyplace else to get a good deal?...trying to catch a Friday afternoon game on the cheap, should I wait until the day of and take a chance then?  appreciate any input or suggestions, thanks!
'93 Toronto
'94 Detroit
'10 Columbus
'11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
'13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
'14 Detroit
'16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
'18 Chicago 1 and 2
'22 Hamilton, Toronto

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Anything in the 10s, 100s, or bleachers will be great seats.  200s are ok if you dont mind losing sight of some fly balls.  You'll at least be in the shade there. There's always the upper deck if you want the cheapest option.  I'd recommend sitting on the 3B side if you go 300/400 level, simply because you'll have a better view.  Don't even entertain the rooftops.  Screw them.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I’d definitely wait until the day of the game and watch the sellers on stubhub slash prices as game time approaches. You’ll be able to find a very good deal.

as far as vantage point, it depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want to be in the sun? Do you want more of a party atmosphere?  If so, the bleachers will check both boxes.  If you want sun but prefer your own seat, stay away from the third base/ left field side unless you’re close to the field. Shade will creep later in the afternoon.  

Most spots give you a very good look, but for best vantage points I would stay away from the further back rows in the 200 level. You’ll have the upper deck and/or poles in your sight line.  100 level (or better) as well as the closer rows in the 200 level will all be great, as would upper deck or bleachers.

hope that helps in some way and ENJOY!  It is one of the most amazing places on earth (I’m a little biased 😉). 
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    bbiggs said:
    I’d definitely wait until the day of the game and watch the sellers on stubhub slash prices as game time approaches. You’ll be able to find a very good deal.

as far as vantage point, it depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want to be in the sun? Do you want more of a party atmosphere?  If so, the bleachers will check both boxes.  If you want sun but prefer your own seat, stay away from the third base/ left field side unless you’re close to the field. Shade will creep later in the afternoon.  

Most spots give you a very good look, but for best vantage points I would stay away from the further back rows in the 200 level. You’ll have the upper deck and/or poles in your sight line.  100 level (or better) as well as the closer rows in the 200 level will all be great, as would upper deck or bleachers.

hope that helps in some way and ENJOY!  It is one of the most amazing places on earth (I’m a little biased 😉). 
    thanks for the input! Huge Chicago sports fan but missed out on games when seeing PJ there the last couple of times and have only been GA for those ;)
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    I have a personal love for the bleachers so I'm kind of biased
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Be sure not to mistake the sinks in the men’s restroom for urinals.  People look at you funny ..
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Jason P said:
    Be sure not to mistake the sinks in the men’s restroom for urinals.  People look at you funny ..
    I haven't been there since '16.  Wonder how the restrooms are doing these days?  I usually just hold it til I leave and hit up one of the nearby bars, lol.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Jason P said:
    I haven't been there since '16.  Wonder how the restrooms are doing these days?  I usually just hold it til I leave and hit up one of the nearby bars, lol.
    They are quite a bit better these days. The improvements to the ballpark are significant. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    bbiggs said:
    Jason P said:
    They are quite a bit better these days. The improvements to the ballpark are significant. 
    ^^^this
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Bleachers!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get there a couple hours early and get front row. (at least in right field)
    Bleachers.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.