Black Pumas

Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Comments

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    edited May 2019
    My vinyl addiction is showing on this one. I already have 3 different versions preordered of this record. With everything I've heard from them, this record will most definitely be in my top ten for 2019. Dude's voice just kills.

https://youtu.be/z7hnLq9NXh4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7hnLq9NXh4
    Post edited by lexicondevil on
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Austin in the house.  Did you preorder the splatter?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    I did ordered the splatter from their website.. 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Attaway77 said:
    I did ordered the splatter from their website.. 
    nice! Me too.  Looking forward to it.
    I got the Colemine version, the splatter, and the Texas version from Waterloo. Yes, I have a record problem, but I have been waiting for this record ever since their first 45 dropped. I guess I have three chances for it to arrive as quickly as possible!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    I got the Colemine version, the splatter, and the Texas version from Waterloo. Yes, I have a record problem, but I have been waiting for this record ever since their first 45 dropped. I guess I have three chances for it to arrive as quickly as possible!
    Ha- I don’t judge, I too have a record problem.  I’ve been pretty poorly regulated this last month and have been filling my Jazz/funk/ambient/electronic shelves.  I seriously need to stop reading music forums, they just make me buy stuff.
    Ha- I don’t judge, I too have a record problem.  I’ve been pretty poorly regulated this last month and have been filling my Jazz/funk/ambient/electronic shelves.  I seriously need to stop reading music forums, they just make me buy stuff.
    I don't buy as much jazz and funk anymore unless it's some new release of old stuff like the recent releases by Coltrane, Sonny Clark, and Nathan Davis. I have a good collection that I started decades ago and I'm not willing to pay some of the prices the early pressings are now commanding. I wonder if there is a jazz, funk, and soul thread on here?
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I don't buy as much jazz and funk anymore unless it's some new release of old stuff like the recent releases by Coltrane, Sonny Clark, and Nathan Davis. I have a good collection that I started decades ago and I'm not willing to pay some of the prices the early pressings are now commanding. I wonder if there is a jazz, funk, and soul thread on here?
    Have u checked out the rest of the Colemine catalog?  
    I have.  Every time I look at their stuff I buy more.  Great label.
    Definitely. I would also suggest the lesser known Tucxone label from Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxF3teXZq_0
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    edited May 2019
    If you guys are into rare groove type stuff you should keep a look out for True Loves when Colemine re-releases their full album. I was lucky enough to get an /100 original pressing. Probably should have bought 5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQao6bgVGJI
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    If you guys are into rare groove type stuff you should keep a look out for True Loves when Colemine re-releases their full album. I was lucky enough to get an /100 original pressing. Probably should have bought 5!

Damn thats great news for me.  Never even thought of owning it because of how high it’s been lol.  Thats a cool album.   If u see a preorder link pop up let me know. Thanks

Cool! Thanks for the suggestion- I’ve never heard of them!! 
  • Thanks OP for posting. I’ve loved every song I’ve heard from these guys. Great band 
    edited June 2019
    Got the Colemine version (black and red split) and the Texas version preordered.  Trying to stop myself from ordering the others but that free autographed poster is intriguing....
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    Bump
    This week...
    New song. Slow jam. Looks like my ATO version shipped, so at least one record is on its way!

https://youtu.be/nHB5LrDv0Nk
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Release day. Great album!
    Still waiting for my albums to arrive.  The reviews are overwhelmingly good tho every site that i read
    The Texas edition (red and black splatter) just arrived. Such a great album.  
    Looks like the mad splatter! I got the clear splatter one.  it’s truly a great album, my favorite of the year.  Most complete album I’ve heard in a while too, kinda like Jason isbell a few years back.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited July 2019
    Picked up tickets to see Black Pumas here in Columbus in a few weeks!!

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I got one of their songs in my Discover Weekly playlist today, and that's the first I've heard of them. But I love them! Once again, Spotify finds me great new music. :) Nice to see there is a thread for them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2019
    Loving this live performance from the Trans Musicales de Rennes 2018 Festival...
    it's the whole show!!
    Their Eleanor Rigby cover is FANTASTIC!!!

https://youtu.be/WX-26Qv7dVY
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

Im on the guest list for my local show  :o
    Im on the guest list for my local show  :o
    Was that from the contest? Nice.

2022- Oakland Night 2

TONIGHT!!!!!

Oh man awesome.  Cant wait to see them in two months
    edited July 2019
    selling a sealed flawless vinyl copy (cream with black and red splatter). $24 shipped. 

Accidentally ordered two copies and i cant return it....