Meanwhile in AustraliašŸ˜‚

124Ā»

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yesterday it was raining, this morningĀ it'a -7 and windy and cold...weird weather.
    Give Peas A Chanceā€¦
    Does anyway do a daily log of the weather in their area...just for future reference.
    Give Peas A Chanceā€¦
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    R.I.P to the 173 killed on black saturday 10 years ago on 7.2.09
    And the wildlife, so heartbreaking to think so many koalas and other native animals died.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    So this is the aftermath of QLD floods.Ā 
    hundreds of thousands of livestock and wildlife gone. Devastating after a prolonged drought they had no chance.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156054300545868&id=584260867
    R.I.P to the 173 killed on black saturday 10 years ago on 7.2.09
    And the wildlife, so heartbreaking to think so many koalas and other native animals died.
    I think the estimated death toll for domestic, stock and wild animals was 1 million.
    Just a cool 42 degrees today with a hot westerly wind with severe and extreme fire danger ratings

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    That sux. I feel for you. Where do you live? We made it to 35 today and that was hot enough!
    That sux. I feel for you. Where do you live? We made it to 35 today and that was hot enough!
    mid north Coast- inland

-1 and we are in the early stages of an ice storm...
    Give Peas A Chanceā€¦
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Does anyway do a daily log of the weather in their area...just for future reference.
    That's what the internet is for. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    So after the devastating 100 year floods in the north last week that dumped 3 years worth of rain in 11 days we now have this beast thats generated out of the monsoon and same weather system. Except this one is expected or is on track to pass through the east coast near the QLD/NSW border. At first it was tracked to go south towards New Zealand but changed course overnight. As destructive as it looks and may be we need the rain inland badly.

Cyclone Oma is predicted to hit our east coast in coming days. It still may swing south they rarely track this far south and die out when they leave tropical waters. Its already causing king tides and slight inundation on the QLD/NSW coast. Waves are expected to be 6-8 metres as it tracks closer.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Cyclone Oma is predicted to hit our east coast in coming days. It still may swing south they rarely track this far south and die out when they leave tropical waters. Its already causing king tides and slight inundation on the QLD/NSW coast. Waves are expected to be 6-8 metres as it tracks closer.
    And now it's gone.. thank god.Ā  We did get a bit of rain though but need a lot more.

hahaha cause we're having another heatwave. Hottest march ever recorded.Ā 
    I know this is not about the weather but here is a link to a petition to get Pearl Jam to tour Australia and NZ in 2020.

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-jam-pearl-jam-to-tour-australia-new-zealand-2020

please bring some sanity to our shoresšŸ’“
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Would have to be the warmest June ever this year.Ā  Where I live in northern NSW we are getting temps in the mid 20s during the day.Ā Ā 
    You guys might have to return to England where your ancestors are from...I'm sure your 1st nations will be appreciative that you left, but obviously not real pleased that is now Ā a raging hot oven in the future.../s
    Give Peas A Chanceā€¦
    E.K said:
    Would have to be the warmest June ever this year.Ā  Where I live in northern NSW we are getting temps in the mid 20s during the day.Ā Ā 
    Even in Melbourne. It was 22c a few weeks ago.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    You guys might have to return to England where your ancestors are from...I'm sure your 1st nations will be appreciative that you left, but obviously not real pleased that is now Ā a raging hot oven in the future.../s
    you know not all our ancestors are from england. ..just saying. ;):)Ā 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    No Way!!!! Is that fact or fiction? Ā Just shocking!!!
    Give Peas A Chanceā€¦
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    No Way!!!! Is that fact or fiction? Ā Just shocking!!!
    i know, right??? ;) LOL
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say