2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    cutz said:
    A video of his calf popping I believe.
    Someone posted that on here already.  Brutal.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    fife said:
    You know what, fuck it.  Fuck Toronto and fuck Drake and fuck their fans.  YOU DON'T CHEER A FUCKING INJURY, YOU DISGUSTING ASSHOLES!!!  I hope the Warriors run the fucking table on their asses now.  Humble those fucking pricks.
    again I was at the game and the fans were not cheering the injury.  watch the whole play and even after the play when they were chanting his name and gave him a standing ovation. 
    Watch the video. The fans only stopped cheering after Lowery & Ibaka motioned to them to stop which was a class act by them.

https://youtu.be/DqsNTRzqCSQ
    cutz said:
    KD has a most likely, torn Achilles.

Now the Knicks will actually get him...

Dumb timeout by the Raptors coach.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Kawhi needs to take that last shot.  Lowry ending it would have made a great story but they only needed a 2 pointer.
    I haven't heard an official report but the as of last night the GSW do believe its torn.

I was taking Knicks Rumor with a grain of salt. Remember EVERY Talking Head had Paul George in a Lakers uniform. 

I didn't get the TO either. Draymond Green said, basically, it helped his team to get ther shit together.  Kawhi was hot so why stop the Big Mo they had going?

Yeah, Kawhi needs to take that shot but i do give GSW credit for doubleing him near the foul line to force him to pass the ball. But, i think Raptors still had one TO left? If so, maybe call a TO?
    Saying the Knicks get KD is a joke.  It would be fitting that they sign an injured player, that is how their organization is structured.

Someone from ESPN picked up on something when Doris Burke interviewed Steve Kerr.

Kerr said "We were told that there couldn't be further injury to Kevin's calf OR ACHILLES"

The whole team knew...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    cutz said:
    fife said:
    You know what, fuck it.  Fuck Toronto and fuck Drake and fuck their fans.  YOU DON'T CHEER A FUCKING INJURY, YOU DISGUSTING ASSHOLES!!!  I hope the Warriors run the fucking table on their asses now.  Humble those fucking pricks.
    again I was at the game and the fans were not cheering the injury.  watch the whole play and even after the play when they were chanting his name and gave him a standing ovation. 
    Watch the video. The fans only stopped cheering after Lowery & Ibaka motioned to them to stop which was a class act by them.

I wrote this on the last page but feel it will be good again for your comment:

"
    Again, I don't think you can just say that KD got injured and then the crowd cheered.  while I was not in the front rows, i did have a somewhat good view of the play and this is what I saw.  KD had the ball and Ibaka tipped it away.  KD fell and Ibaka was going down the court for the score.  I for one was cheering the raptors going down for the score.  You then had Danny Green and Lowery tell the fans to stop cheering (again I believe Cheering for the play not the injury).  When the fans saw that KD was really hurt there was a silence in the building.

I understand your point of view and trust me I have alot of issues with many Toronto sports fans (infact I only like the raptors as a Toronto team) I think there is a difference when you are watching a game on TV and watching a game live and I can tell you that while yes some assholes were cheering KD being hurt 99% percent were not cheering the injury and I think standing oviation and chanting KD name in respect shows that."

cutz said:
    KD has a most likely, torn Achilles.

Now the Knicks will actually get him...

Dumb timeout by the Raptors coach.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Kawhi needs to take that last shot.  Lowry ending it would have made a great story but they only needed a 2 pointer.
    I haven't heard an official report but the as of last night the GSW do believe its torn.

I was taking Knicks Rumor with a grain of salt. Remember EVERY Talking Head had Paul George in a Lakers uniform. 

I didn't get the TO either. Draymond Green said, basically, it helped his team to get ther shit together.  Kawhi was hot so why stop the Big Mo they had going?

Yeah, Kawhi needs to take that shot but i do give GSW credit for doubleing him near the foul line to force him to pass the ball. But, i think Raptors still had one TO left? If so, maybe call a TO?
    Saying the Knicks get KD is a joke.  It would be fitting that they sign an injured player, that is how their organization is structured.

Someone from ESPN picked up on something when Doris Burke interviewed Steve Kerr.

Kerr said "We were told that there couldn't be further injury to Kevin's calf OR ACHILLES"

The whole team knew...
    https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/steve-kerr-told-kevin-durant-could-only-tweak-injury/499615
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm sure your team's fans would never do such a thing in the same situation, considering no one knew the situation.  Now me, I can't think of one fan base that wouldn't do the same in a finals.  I guess maybe Philly, Boston or NY wouldn't, but everyone else would.  
    Hard for the fans in Philly, Boston and NY to clap and cheer an injury when then need those hands free to chuck cups of beers and nachos onto the field of play.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm sure your team's fans would never do such a thing in the same situation, considering no one knew the situation.  Now me, I can't think of one fan base that wouldn't do the same in a finals.  I guess maybe Philly, Boston or NY wouldn't, but everyone else would.  
    Hard for the fans in Philly, Boston and NY to clap and cheer an injury when then need those hands free to chuck cups of beers and nachos onto the field of play.
    Im from Cleveland.  We prefer batteries. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I thought they threw beer bottles?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    when Cleveland throws shit it gets intercepted. ghost of tim couch, brandon weeden and so many more
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Probably that too, but in the 80's, it was batteries.  
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    cutz said:
    fife said:

Yeah at first I tried to play devil's advocate and suggest that maybe they were cheering Serge's steal and fast-break. But after watching it again, they cheered during Serge's fast-break, then there was a lull as KD was sitting on the ground, but after he was helped to his feet and was visibly limping, the crowd "popped" again with a big cheer. Fuck them. They were absolutely cheering the fact that he was visibly limping. 

And fuck the ones that were taunting Stephen Curry's mother at the hotel too. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    cutz said:
    fife said:

Yeah at first I tried to play devil's advocate and suggest that maybe they were cheering Serge's steal and fast-break. But after watching it again, they cheered during Serge's fast-break, then there was a lull as KD was sitting on the ground, but after he was helped to his feet and was visibly limping, the crowd "popped" again with a big cheer. Fuck them. They were absolutely cheering the fact that he was visibly limping. 

And fuck the ones that were taunting Stephen Curry's mother at the hotel too. 
    That's the way i saw it too. And, if Lowery & Ibaka didn't motion to the fans would the response have gotten worse? 
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Isn't weird that KD got reinjured around the same spot on the court when he originally was injured. I hope for a quick recovery even though this injury will take from 9-14 months to recover.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Toronto fans are changing the entire perception of Canadians as nice polite people. Sorry!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Time to deflect I guess
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Jason P said:
    Toronto fans are changing the entire perception of Canadians as nice polite people. Sorry!
    That reputation went away years ago...have you seen us play hockey...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    cutz said:
    I thought shit like this happens only in Greece Jim..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    It happens everywhere.  That's why I don't understand the sanctimonious hand wringing on the news, twitter, etc.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Cant wait to trade Anthony Davis and be free of this dude
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    It happens everywhere.  That's why I don't understand the sanctimonious hand wringing on the news, twitter, etc.  
    "Faux outrage, today's latest!!!"
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    HAHAH>Like mrussel1 said: it happens EVERY where. Lots of  Assholes in every Country, so shit like this can happen.
    Raptors Fan Starts GoFundMe For Kevin Durant's Charity As An Apology
    https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/raptors-fan-starts-gofundme-for-kevin-durants-charity-as-an-apology-news.82911.html

Anonymous fan sends flowers to Kevin Durant on behalf of all Canadians...
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5381091/canadian-fan-sends-flowers-kevin-durant/
    Give Peas A Chance…
    https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/raptors-fan-starts-gofundme-for-kevin-durants-charity-as-an-apology-news.82911.html

Awesome!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Good on them for shifting the conversation away from the bad eggs!!

Good on them for shifting the conversation away from the bad eggs!!
    So you'd rather continue to talk about a few bad apples? likely drunk as opposed to what could be a really good 7 game series...I'll focus on what is turning into a really good series...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Durant underwent successful ACL surgery.
    Durant posted that he had a operation for a Torn Achillies.

Awesome!
    Agree
    cutz said:
    Durant posted that he had a operation for a Torn Achillies.
    So does he FU to the team and not show up or does he limp his ass over there and support the team?