Options

How's Your Luck Been in the Used Bins Lately?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    DC29940 said:

Hit it the jackpot at my local record shop today. Went in to kill some time and headed over to the Ps, as I always do, ‘cause you never know what PJ stuff you might find it’s way in. Totally shocked to find a stack of thirteen ‘00 boots all priced at $4.99. Ran home real quick to check on which ones I already had. Turns out I only owned three of the thirteen. So these ten beauties came home with me!
    NICE score and excellent price!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    I picked up this Hendrix LP for a couple bucks yesterday.  The vinyl looked unscratched but had a really bad warp the went from the outer edge on one side to about an inch in.  But the photo is cool so I figured it was worth a couple dollars.  But here's the weird thing-- when I got home and went to clean it, the warp looked less severe.  I thought, maybe it was just the lighting?  So I ran it through my spin clean and went off and did some other work.  A few hours later, I went and pulled the record out again and the warp was even further diminished- hardly even noticeable!  My wife said, "That must be some really thin or soft vinyl!" and I said, "No, it's as solid as any normal record.  It's just gotta be some kind of wonderful magic!"

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.