Poll--The Weakest Link: Bob Dylan's 'Blood On The Tracks' Final Round

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
Welcome to the Final Round to determine the GREATEST song on Bob Dylan's 'Blood On The Tracks'.
Eliminated Round 1 - Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts (7), You're A Big Girl Now (5) and Buckets of Rain (4)
Eliminated Round 2 - If You See Her, Say Hello (8), You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (7), and Meet Me In The Morning (7)
Eliminated Round 3 - Idiot Wind (12), Simple Twist Of Fate (10)

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days the song with the fewest votes will be crowned CHAMPION.
- Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.  

Poll--The Weakest Link: Bob Dylan's 'Blood On The Tracks' Final Round 29 votes

Tangled Up In Blue
24%
mcgruff10pledgeagrievanceDewieCoxerebusRS151862BLACK35brianlux 7 votes
Shelter From The Storm
75%
PoncierjosevolutiongoldrushcutzLukinFandudemanBrainofBGAjoberschlakeHesCalledDyerdankindGern BlansteneddiecF Me In The BrainhauntingfamiliarHobbesPJ_SoulnjnancyRenfieldSmallestOceansCsAc99 22 votes

Comments

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Shelter From The Storm
    Very easy choice. Tangled Up In Blue is an extraordinary song.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Shelter From The Storm
    It’s been called by many the greatest song ever written TUIB , it might just be ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Shelter From The Storm
    No dice needed today.  Tangled for the win.
    Shelter From The Storm
    @MedozK  Do you vote in the Polls?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Shelter From The Storm
    Probably my favorite version of "Tangled Up in Blue":

https://youtu.be/QuBZVeltfxM

The tempo breakdown at 4:45 and return at 6:20 are just inspired.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2019
    Renfield said:
    @MedozK  Do you vote in the Polls?
    Sometimes, I just like the conversations the polls make. I feel I’m more of a moderator.
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Probably my favorite version of "Tangled Up in Blue":

https://youtu.be/QuBZVeltfxM

The tempo breakdown at 4:45 and return at 6:20 are just inspired.
    This is a freakin great cover- love them blues
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited June 2019
    Shelter From The Storm
    WOW!!  I'm shocked that these are the last 2 songs remaining. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Tangled Up In Blue
    Where is "Idiot Wind"?  Just kidding but... :frowning:

I have to think about how to vote for awhile.  TOUGH CALL!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Tangled Up In Blue
    I voted Tangled purely in the notion that NO SONG should be trounced by any other on this nearly perfect album.  My voting is done, this cruel and punishing weakest link game is done for me, now if you will excuse me, I have a glass of most excellent Cabernet from the sierra foothills with which to drown my sorrows.

It's been real.  Really real!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Shelter From The Storm
    Experiencing Dylan play TUIB live has been a highlight of my musical odyssey.
    Shelter From The Storm
    Hobbes said:
    Scorsese has a Rolling Thunder Revue film out (or coming out). Those performances, at least those on the official bootleg series, are hot fire. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    Scorsese has a Rolling Thunder Revue film out (or coming out). Those performances, at least those on the official bootleg series, are hot fire. 
    Netflix showings begin June 12
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bob-dylan-rolling-thunder-revue-trailer-martin-scorsese-netflix-doc-843743/amp/
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Shelter From The Storm
    Buckets of Rain should have been in the finals.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Shelter From The Storm
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bob-dylan-rolling-thunder-revue-trailer-martin-scorsese-netflix-doc-843743/amp/

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited June 2019
    Shelter From The Storm
    PJ_Soul said:
    Buckets of Rain should have been in the finals.
    My favorite version of that tune:

https://youtu.be/R5J9MuWiAMk
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:

Ahahaha-I don’t have Netflix, going to IFC in the Village (same theater I saw Let’s Play Two).
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    dankind said:
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Shelter From The Storm
    @dankind
    When you say best version (Indigo Girls, Neko Case) do you mean better than Bob?

I don’t listen to many covers of his songs.  I like his versions, other than Watchtower-which Jimi owns, Masters Of War- PJ Fenway1 2016 (UNREAL) and sometimes I listen to Every Grain Of Sand by EmmyLou Harris.

If you have a minute would you please pass on some other covers you like?

Shelter From The Storm
    Not the best. Just my favorites. 

There are are a few covers that I like better than the originals, though. Indigo Girls’ version of “Romeo and Juliet” comes to mind, Guns’ version of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” (not the shitty live version in which bandleader Axl requests a little reggae), Cowboy Junkies’ “Sweet Jane,” Shirley Manson’s version of “Samson and Delilah,” probably any cover by Neko Case or Emmylou Harris. I like what Marilyn Manson does with covers, but I don’t really like Marilyn Manson all that much. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Not the best. Just my favorites. 

There are are a few covers that I like better than the originals, though. Indigo Girls’ version of “Romeo and Juliet” comes to mind, Guns’ version of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” (not the shitty live version in which bandleader Axl requests a little reggae), Cowboy Junkies’ “Sweet Jane,” Shirley Manson’s version of “Samson and Delilah,” probably any cover by Neko Case or Emmylou Harris. I like what Marilyn Manson does with covers, but I don’t really like Marilyn Manson all that much. 
    Thank you!
    I’ll listen to covers by Neko Case and Emmylou Harris. Forgot about GnR. Love Cowboy Junkies- I didn’t realize Dylan wrote Sweet Jane, I thought Lou Reed did. Not sure if I can handle MM.
    edited June 2019
    Shelter From The Storm
    Oh yeah. I was just talking covers in general. I don’t think Dylan wrote “Samson & Delilah” either, and “Romeo and Juliet” is a Dire Straits tune. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Oh yeah. I was just talking covers in general. I don’t think Dylan wrote “Samson & Delilah” either. 
    Ah-got it! Samson & Delilah sure sounds like a song title of Dylan tho’
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    This poll closes tomorrow. Looks like we have a runaway winner.
    Shelter From The Storm
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:
    Oh yeah. I was just talking covers in general. I don’t think Dylan wrote “Samson & Delilah” either. 
    From Bob Dylan’s website, it looks like he has played Samson and Delilah once in 2004 at Bonnaroo.

And Slash’s solo between the first and second verses of GNR’s studio version “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” is sublime. 

The Marliyn Manson covers I’ve heard of “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” and “The KKK Took My Baby Away” are quite creative. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:
    From Bob Dylan’s website, it looks like he has played Samson and Delilah once in 2004 at Bonnaroo.

And Slash’s solo between the first and second verses of GNR’s studio version “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” is sublime. 

The Marliyn Manson covers I’ve heard of “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” and “The KKK Took My Baby Away” are quite creative. 
    Only got in a few snippets of Samson & Delilah.  Looks like I have some good stuff to listen to when I get home tonight!
    Shelter From The Storm
    dankind said:
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:

All these are pretty fabulous. Marilyn Manson is so tough for me to digest though, he’s what nightmares are made of. I forgot about his Tainted Love cover- it’s pretty darn good too.
    Shelter From The Storm
    MedozK said:
    This poll closes tomorrow. Looks like we have a runaway winner.
    A well-deserved win for Tangled Up In Blue.
    My two favorite versions:
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Wtf...choosing between these as a weak link? Both are vital!
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Shelter From The Storm
    A nice version of Tangled by Jerr...
    https://youtu.be/KMup73A0Jo4
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

This discussion has been closed.