• Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    Anyone familiar with these guys? Interested to get into it tonight 
    Where did you find that? 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Where did you find that? 
    PA wine and spirits. They had 2 different wines. Both pricey, this one not tooo bad
  • Options
    It’s not too bad either 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Great vineyard. Big PJ fans as well.
    I bought a few bottles of 'The Illusionist' a while back. Think they were 2010's.
    Big wines. Great stuff.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    eddiec said:
    Great vineyard. Big PJ fans as well.
    I bought a few bottles of 'The Illusionist' a while back. Think they were 2010's.
    Big wines. Great stuff.
    Really?  I thought it was too expensive for the taste.
  • Options
    It was a good wine but I’d probably agree it’s a bit overpriced 
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one on a beautiful evening tonight 
  • Options
    That was a good wine 
  • Options
    That was a good wine 
    I looked it up and says "similar" to my beloved Seghesio!  Not price wise though.

What did u pay for the bottle?
  • Options
    That was a good wine 
    I looked it up and says "similar" to my beloved Seghesio!  Not price wise though.

Dude...$15. I saw the list price then the on sale price and was shocked.  Going back tomorrow to snatch up a bunch more.
  • Options
    That was a good wine 

Dude...$15. I saw the list price then the on sale price and was shocked.  Going back tomorrow to snatch up a bunch more.
    online price says $40!

Any good bottle for $15 means you should buy a case!!!
  • Options
    That was a good wine 

online price says $40!

Any good bottle for $15 means you should buy a case!!!
    Yeah, the app I looked at said $40 to which is why I gobbled it up.  I was more or less planning on getting a case.
  • Options
    2nd Zinfandel of the week. Not too shabby either, though not nearly on the same level but a great value here 

• Options
    edited June 2019
    2nd Zinfandel of the week. Not too shabby either, though not nearly on the same level but a great value here 

If you find a Heitz Zin pick that up.  It's pricey but a good wine to have on the shelf or for good company/occasions.  

Edit: JUST realized it's an Alexander Valley wine!  There and Howell Mountain are my favs.

Price point on the bottle?
  • Options
    Have been drinking a lot of wine but haven’t been posting a lot of wine. This one is fuuuckig gooood 

• Options

If you find a Heitz Zin pick that up.  It's pricey but a good wine to have on the shelf or for good company/occasions.  

Edit: JUST realized it's an Alexander Valley wine!  There and Howell Mountain are my favs.

I think this one is extremely reasonable. Under $15 I think
  • Options

An Alexander Valley wine for $15?!?  Man that is good!  I need to remember that a Zin is not it's higher priced and coveted older brother Cabernet, lol!
  • Options

An Alexander Valley wine for $15?!?  Man that is good!  I need to remember that a Zin is not it's higher priced and coveted older brother Cabernet, lol!
    Yeah, you can't really beat it. By far from the best Zin I have had, but for that price, can't go wrong.

I did end up buying a case of that Zin that I got a solid deal on.  Think I only have 2 left. I drink too much wine. 
  • Options
    Some Italian for obvious reasons

• Options
    That bottle is fucking glorious 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I'm digging the backsplash cliffy.  Drank a real nice rose last night.  (yeah i like rose now)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm digging the backsplash cliffy.  Drank a real nice rose last night.  (yeah i like rose now)
    Thanks man. Rose all day. I’m not a rose hater 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Are ice cubes involved?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835

Interesting. Don't think I've ever had a 100% Malvasia from Tuscany. How does it compare to Sangiovese?
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Interesting. Don't think I've ever had a 100% Malvasia from Tuscany. How does it compare to Sangiovese?
    Sooo, I remember not liking this bottle all that much when we were there.  We ended up having lunch and a wine tasting plus another bottle or so, so was drinking a good bit.  Ended up shipping a bunch of wine home and apparently this ended up in it with a bunch of Chianti, though had planned on not getting it.  Has been sitting for a while, so not sure if that impacted it, but it was good.  It is definitely different, not like anything you would expect from Tuscany. Was real dark so expected it to be a real big wine but it wasn't.  Also expected it to be a lot sweeter than it was.  Now I wish I had more.
  • Options
    Weird to have not posted in this thread since the pandemic started considering the amount of wine that has been consumed
  • Options
    As I always say, be good to sales reps

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Lovely backsplash, Clifford. 
    chinese-happy.jpg