***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    mcgruff10 said:
    This thread had me purchase R&H yesterday on ebay.
    Hawk man 269 has to be one of their most underrated songs.  I wish they would play that one live. 
    Hawkmoon, not man. :lol: 

Was only played on Lovetown tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35h1BhD5DkI
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This thread had me purchase R&H yesterday on ebay.
    Hawk man 269 has to be one of their most underrated songs.  I wish they would play that one live. 
    Hawkmoon, not man. :lol: 

Was only played on Lovetown tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35h1BhD5DkI
    lol, damn autocorrect on the phone, regardless, amazing song.  I wish they would bring this one back.  This is a pretty cool fact about the song:
    The number "269" in the title refers to the number of mixes the song went through before the final recorded version, according to the Edge, who said they spent three weeks on the track
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    U2 have announced a new leg of the The Joshua Tree (redux) Tour. Or is it a new tour, as there was also the e+i Tour in between.
    Anyway, they will be touring New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Japan and South Korea in November & December.
    https://www.u2.com/tour
    The tracklisting of this year's subscribers gift (a 2CD live compilation of Songs Of Innocence & Songs Of Experience tracks plus photo book) has been revealed. Hopefully they will start shipping soon.

'U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE'.

U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENCE

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Live from Madison Square Garden, New York, 27th July 2015
    2. Iris (Hold Me Close) - Live from Bell Centre, Montreal, 6th June 2018
    3. Cedarwood Road - Live from AccorHotels Arena, Paris, 7th December 2015
    4. Song For Someone - Live from TD Garden, Boston, 14 July 2015
    5. Raised By Wolvess - Live from The Globe, Stockholm, 22nd September 2015
    6. Invisible - Live from Air Canada Centre, Toronto, 6th July 2015
    7. The Troubles - Live from Rogers Arena, Vancouver, 14th May 2015
    8. California - Live from United Centre, Chicago, 2nd July 2015
    9. Every Breaking Wave - Live from United Centre, Chicago, 28th June 2015
    10. The Crystal Ballroom - Live from TD Garden, Boston, 14th July 2015
    11. Volcano - Live from 02 Arena, London, 2nd November 2015

U2 Live Songs of eXPERIENCE

1. Love Is All We Have Left - Live from NYCB Live, Uniondale, 9th June 2018
    2. The Blackout - Live from SSE Arena, Belfast, 28th October 2018
    3. Lights Of Home - Live from Royal Arena, Copenhagen, 30 September 2018
    4. Landlady - Live from Mediolanum Forum, Milan, 12th October 2018
    5. Red Flag Day - Live from Lanxess Arena, Cologne, 4th September 2018
    6. Get Out Of Your Own Way - Live from Madison Square Garden, NY, 1st July 2018
    7. American Soul - Live from T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 12th May 2018
    8. Summer Of Love - Live from Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, 4th October 2018
    9. You're The Best Thing About Me - Live from The Forum, Inglewood, 16th May 2018
    10. The Little Things That Give You Away - Live from Olympic Stadium, Rome, 15 July 2017
    11. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - Live from Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, 3 July 2018
    12. 13 (There Is A Light) - Live from Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, 8th October 2018

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I look forward to DLing that.
    And out of the blue the band has also announced another (final?) date for their Joshua Tree Redux Tour. They will play Manilla (!) on 11 December.
    https://www.u2.com/news/title/and-manila-too
    This past Wednesday (1 July) the band finally got their own SiriusXM channel. Channel 32 is now U2 X Radio. There have been some interesting shows already. One features a discussion (and some songs) between The Edge and David Byrne about art, life and the current situation. The program where fans pick their 5 favourite tracks and introduce them is also quite nice. And yes, there are plenty of U2 songs played. Plus songs from acts who have been support acts (haven't heard Pearl Jam yet). In all, seems like an interesting channel so far.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    another year, another killer fan club "gift"
    dvd live from berlin nov 13 2018
    super happy with that tour and this dvd
    city of blinding lights one of their greatest songs ever imo

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    another year, another killer fan club "gift"
    dvd live from berlin nov 13 2018
    super happy with that tour and this dvd
    city of blinding lights one of their greatest songs ever imo

Horse2345 said:
    for the record, its not a top 3 of the year good (like Rolling Stone says), but for 21st century U2, its really good. 
    Just for comparison who would you put as top 3 or 5 this year? I haven't really been over excited for much this year, have to dl this today though.
    Horse2345 said:
    for the record, its not a top 3 of the year good (like Rolling Stone says), but for 21st century U2, its really good. 
    Just for comparison who would you put as top 3 or 5 this year? I haven't really been over excited for much this year, have to dl this today though.
    Of ALL the U2 Tours I've seen since the War Tour that 360 Tour of which I saw 4 THAT tour was absolutely the best. A couple times the front of the outer stage then the others in the stands. In the stands to me was the best because there you could see how magnificent the stage and lighting really encompasses the show.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited July 2020
    Kinda wish they would go into Rolling Stones mode and just do some big tours and not worry about a new album (they can still make new records, but don't tie touring to a LP). They have a pretty deep catalog now and pulling out some deep cuts would be welcome. 

Or do a Zoo Redux tour like the Joshua Tree tour. Play AB and Zooropa in their entirety.

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    g under p
    totally agree that 360 tour was mind blowing. being up close was not the right decision on that tour  ;)   imo
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    g under p
    totally agree that 360 tour was mind blowing. being up close was not the right decision on that tour  ;)   imo
    I dunno.  We were up in the pit right up at the front.   Had Bono/Edge playing on those moving bridges right over our heads.  It was a pretty amazing experience :)
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Or do a Zoo Redux tour like the Joshua Tree tour. Play AB and Zooropa in their entirety.

Yes, yes and yes! That would be brilliant!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Just ordered the All That You Can't Leave Behind deluxe vinyl.

https://shop.u2.com/collections/all-that-you-cant-leave-behind
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • I wish they had an in between version like a 4 or 6 disc set. I love records, but I don’t need those 5x12” discs. 
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Say does anyone know if U2 is working on an album or not?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I think they are always writing and recording, but I’m sure COVID has made it difficult. But no, they aren’t officially ramping up to anything as of now. 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    g under p said:
    Say does anyone know if U2 is working on an album or not?

Peace
    Towards the end of last year they were starting to work on new music with producer Ryan Tedder.   Supposedly going in a very different direction. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    mr bungle said:
    Towards the end of last year they were starting to work on new music with producer Ryan Tedder.   Supposedly going in a very different direction. 
    The best direction they could go in right now is away from Ryan Tedder...far away.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Absolutely
    Poncier said:
    mr bungle said:
    The best direction they could go in right now is away from Ryan Tedder...far away.
    interesting!  I don't know anything about him.
    I wish they had an in between version like a 4 or 6 disc set. I love records, but I don’t need those 5x12” discs. 
    I already bought this album when it got a vinyl pressing a few years back.  All I really want is the live album.   It would be nice if someday they give it a separate release.   I very rarely bother to put on the outtakes, demo, and alternate cuts takes of big boxsets.
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    Picked up No Line on the Horizon two LP clear vinyl yesterday and am amazed how incredible this pressing sounds. I was always a bit iffy about this album but this pressing has changed my mind. You can really hear the space between the guitars and drums. It reveals just how gorgeous many of the songs are. Have been playing it all day. 
    halv said:
    Picked up No Line on the Horizon two LP clear vinyl yesterday and am amazed how incredible this pressing sounds. I was always a bit iffy about this album but this pressing has changed my mind. You can really hear the space between the guitars and drums. It reveals just how gorgeous many of the songs are. Have been playing it all day. 
    You have now influenced me to buy a copy.  I haven't given that album a fair shake :)
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    It took a while but that album really did grow on me.  Seeing it live helped a lot too.  I need to dig it back out.  Wish I could say the same about the last album.  I did grab the new ATYCLB but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    CJ260717 said:
    It took a while but that album really did grow on me.  Seeing it live helped a lot too.  I need to dig it back out.  Wish I could say the same about the last album.  I did grab the new ATYCLB but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
    Ya, the last album is hard to get into to. But I said that about Pop as well and I dig that album now, so who knows. 
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://www.stereogum.com/2194077/u2-will-play-grand-opening-of-worlds-largest-sphere/news/amp/
    For some reason this intrigues me never been to Vegas but this I might go for! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....