2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    St. Louis in 6...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Gotta root for the Blues.  Boston is the GOT equivalent of Ramsey Bolton’s flayed man army if they talked with bad accents and wore Make Winterfell Great Again hats.  :D
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    pretty sure only a few dopes...:cough_cough:...,could be rooting for the bruins.
    How long have you been a St. Louis Blues fan?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    pretty sure only a few dopes...:cough_cough:...,could be rooting for the bruins.
    How long have you been a St. Louis Blues fan?
    :lol:  
    3rd team behind Blow Jackets and Golden Showers
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    typically Id pull for the Blues.  An original 12 team, the only one without a cup (save restored markets of SF/SJ and Minnesota).  I dont have any animosity towards their fans (although I hear cardinals fans could be unbearable).  I dont mind their players so much.

I also dislike Boston sports.  They were charming when chasing a title, but at this point they are all evil.  More machine than man now.  Boston sports fans have actually become everything they hated about Yankees fans (and I agreed with them and was firmly in their corner).

However, if Boston wins, I get $120 for finishing 3rd in a pool, so I want them to win
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    As much as I'm tired of Boston winning shit, I'd still much rather have that than St. Louis win anything ever. Go B's!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I am ok now that SJ is out.  Not sure who I will root for...childhood team (Bs) who share a nickname w/my most hated rival (fUCLA) and have a few of the world's larger d-bags on their team...or a team that has kicked me in the balls, big-time, as a Kings fan in the past.

Need to think on it some....I do very much appreciate STL putting the asswipe Sharks and their so called 'great defense' out so I am leaning toward them. 
    Hoping we see 7 games, just as I hope whenever it is not involving my favorite team.  Game 7 is awesome, hope we get one.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    MayDay10 said:
    typically Id pull for the Blues.  An original 12 team, the only one without a cup (save restored markets of SF/SJ and Minnesota).  I dont have any animosity towards their fans (although I hear cardinals fans could be unbearable).  I dont mind their players so much.

I also dislike Boston sports.  They were charming when chasing a title, but at this point they are all evil.  More machine than man now.  Boston sports fans have actually become everything they hated about Yankees fans (and I agreed with them and was firmly in their corner).

However, if Boston wins, I get $120 for finishing 3rd in a pool, so I want them to win
    Welcome to the dark side.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    I am ok now that SJ is out.  Not sure who I will root for...childhood team (Bs) who share a nickname w/my most hated rival (fUCLA) and have a few of the world's larger d-bags on their team...or a team that has kicked me in the balls, big-time, as a Kings fan in the past.

Need to think on it some....I do very much appreciate STL putting the asswipe Sharks and their so called 'great defense' out so I am leaning toward them. 
    Hoping we see 7 games, just as I hope whenever it is not involving my favorite team.  Game 7 is awesome, hope we get one.
    With the exception of Marchand, (obvi) who else do you dislike on the Bs?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601

Marchand is enough.  He's the worst.  Claude Lemieux-like, but a pussy.  
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    ESPN Radio in St. Louis played a clip of my Blues version of Eddie's "All The Way" last hour and I think they're going to play the full song this hour. 
    @ledvedderman Can you share your song?

Good call that he is probably the only one that qualifies for that discription...but I have a strong dislike of David Backes (funny enough, from his days as a Blues player) - probably fair to say most people do not dislike him as much as I do.  I can take back calling him a 'world's largest d-bag' type, although I cannot stand him.

I hold grudges against Rask & Krejci for being shitty fantasy performers the years I chose them too highly.  For Krejci, I think he was hurt for half of the year I did that, always in and out based on being dinged up.  For Rask I think it was 3-4 seasons ago and he kind of sucked that year compared to his past performance and what I thought he would do. 
    I fully admit that holding Fantasy Sports grudges is silly.  (But, I do it!)

Give Peas A Chance…

Good call that he is probably the only one that qualifies for that discription...but I have a strong dislike of David Backes (funny enough, from his days as a Blues player) - probably fair to say most people do not dislike him as much as I do.  I can take back calling him a 'world's largest d-bag' type, although I cannot stand him.

I hold grudges against Rask & Krejci for being shitty fantasy performers the years I chose them too highly.  For Krejci, I think he was hurt for half of the year I did that, always in and out based on being dinged up.  For Rask I think it was 3-4 seasons ago and he kind of sucked that year compared to his past performance and what I thought he would do. 
    I fully admit that holding Fantasy Sports grudges is silly.  (But, I do it!)

Fair enough.

Marchand is hilarious!
    He's a shit bag.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Marchand is hilarious!
    He's a shit bag.  
    & one of the best players in the league too. 
    Marchand, like Lemieux, are players other players hate playing against but love having as teammates...

Who'll ever forget "the rat" Ken Linseman?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Marchand, like Lemieux, are players other players hate playing against but love having as teammates...

marchand is a gutless turd.  hit's people when they are not looking then skates away. 
    “Everything you’ve heard about him is true.”
    pjhawks said:

marchand is a gutless turd.  hit's people when they are not looking then skates away. 
    Did I say he wasn't?  He is far from the only player in the league that takes cheap shots.  And someone from Philadelphia criticizing dirty play from a player, that is funny...no team was as dirty as the flyers in the '70s...LMFAO.

Well until Montreal took them to task and schooled them...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    pjhawks said:

Did I say he wasn't?  He is far from the only player in the league that takes cheap shots.  And someone from Philadelphia criticizing dirty play from a player, that is funny...no team was as dirty as the flyers in the '70s...LMFAO.

The 70's were 40 years ago.  Broad street bullies is not an excuse for Marchand.  I don't care how good he is, he's a shit bag, a dirty player and someone who I will be thrilled to see retire.  Oh and Lemieux's kid is a shit bag too.  
    When everyone hates you, you're doing something right.
    Make Hockey Great Again?
    pjhawks said:

wtf does the broad street bullies have to do with anything?  and when a flyers player acts like an asshole ill call him out for it. i fucking hate Gudas and think he is a grade a ahole.  so stop with the 'whatboutism'.  typical boston fan.  but but but everyone cheats not just the pats.  
    Make Hockey Great Again?
    Nicely done.
    There is not a fucking team in the NHL that would not trade or sign him as a free agent, including the head of his fan club in Philly and Tampa.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

wtf does the broad street bullies have to do with anything?  and when a flyers player acts like an asshole ill call him out for it. i fucking hate Gudas and think he is a grade a ahole.  so stop with the 'whatboutism'.  typical boston fan.  but but but everyone cheats not just the pats.  
    You like to point out how dirty Marchand can be...not really sure fans of any team in the NHL can criticize someone as being dirty.  I'm sure your current team has cheap shot artist...at least Marchand can play the game.

I just do not care enough to look up who Philadelphia's known cheap shot artist is...of course, Allain Vigneault is your new head coach, he'll have you playing sweet, pretty, safe hockey in no time...

it's all good.  relax, enjoy the finals.  

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited May 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

You like to point out how dirty Marchand can be...not really sure fans of any team in the NHL can criticize someone as being dirty.  I'm sure your current team has cheap shot artist...at least Marchand can play the game.

I just do not care enough to look up who Philadelphia's known cheap shot artist is...of course, Allain Vigneault is your new head coach, he'll have you playing sweet, pretty, safe hockey in no time...

it's all good.  relax, enjoy the finals.  

edit: interesting take.  not worth going on with this.
    Post edited by pjhawks on