MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I know they're only a couple of games over .500 right now, but I'm really enjoying watching this Braves team right now. Really fun team to watch with some good, young talent.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Love how Houston is playing right now! So glad they grabbed Brantley.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Who the hell are these Twins this year?! Man, they just drubbed the Angels again and rocked another 8 homer game. That's twice already this season - tied for the MLB record with '05 Rangers already. As a lifelong Twinkie fan, this is pretty awesome to see. They haven't been known for their power in ages. Hope they can keep it up. Nelson Cruz possibly back in the next few days to add even more power to the party. Annoyed I let Polanco slide on the waiver wire in my fantasy league weeks ago. Not as annoyed as when I passed on Austin Riley. Holy hell is that guy crushing the ball. And then there's Lucas Giolito, benched him yesterday in fear of that mighty Houston line-up and he friggin' blanks them! He has been awesome over the last month. Hope it continues.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    YES! The TWINS!!!!!!   Shhhhhhhhh..... Quietly optimistic

don't care for the emphasis placed on home runs these days in baseball in general

but yes, GO TWINS!!!!
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Still can’t beat the yanks.

love my man big mike
    Crappy news about Springer. Ugh. I’d rather get the injuries over with now than later in the season, though.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    RIP Bill Buckner
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    cutz said:
    RIP Bill Buckner
    He was a great ball player.

I never realized that Mookie Wilson and he became great friends.
    RIP, Buckner.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited May 2019
    Buckner making up for his World Series error on Curb Your Enthusiasm....

https://youtu.be/Y9RLQK_BbZg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Sick of these Astros injuries....ugh.

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    And despite all that, still the best team in baseball.  Kickin my Cubbies ass back to reality this week.  Well, the Reds and the 'Stros. :angry:
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    Correa again?!?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    And despite all that, still the best team in baseball.  Kickin my Cubbies ass back to reality this week.  Well, the Reds and the 'Stros. :angry:
    The Reds are actually not horrible right now.  Playing far better than their record indicates.  If they hit with any sort of consistency they would be good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    The Reds are actually not horrible right now.  Playing far better than their record indicates.  If they hit with any sort of consistency they would be good.
    My boy Senzel!
    https://www.facebook.com/Reds/videos/2268216903293732/
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    My boy Senzel!
    https://www.facebook.com/Reds/videos/2268216903293732/
    He is finding a way to contribute consistently.  Been a great addition.
    Astros will be juuuuuuust fine...
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    They are playing good ball right now.  I still have to raise concern though as they had the Cubs number last year, and seem to have it so far this year as well.  And the Cubs were playing good ball, too, until they ran into the Reds for 2 of their next 4 series. :angry:
    If  you were to combine Babe Ruth and Mike Trout into one player....Gleyber Torres would still be better. Convinced of it.
    If  you were to combine Babe Ruth and Mike Trout into one player....Gleyber Torres would still be better. Convinced of it.
    "That's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them!"

@Cliffy6745 I am so happy that you got that reference!
    mfc2006 said:

Altuve
    Springer
    Diaz
    McHugh
    Stassi
    and now...Correa.
    Correa again?!?
    Cracked rib.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    From a "massage"...  Daniella must like it rough.
    I happen to switch over the Cubs/Strohs game last night just as Almora hit that liner into the stands which struck the young girl.
    Felt so badly for him and, of course, concerned about the girl.
    It is time for us to stop being "old school" and sticking our heads in the sand about the realities of attending baseball games in 2019. 
    Put netting up down the baseline into the OF.
    Freak things can still happen, this will not stop all risk, but it should cut back further on the risk, adding to the steps already taken. 
    Damn.  Hope she is OK.
    I can only imagine how he felt seeing it happen and being a father of young children....that is fucked up.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    From a "massage"...  Daniella must like it rough.
    He should have gone to Orchids of Asia.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I happen to switch over the Cubs/Strohs game last night just as Almora hit that liner into the stands which struck the young girl.
    It is time for us to stop being "old school" and sticking our heads in the sand about the realities of attending baseball games in 2019. 
    Freak things can still happen, this will not stop all risk, but it should cut back further on the risk, adding to the steps already taken. 
    Damn.  Hope she is OK.
    I can only imagine how he felt seeing it happen and being a father of young children....that is fucked up.
    Didn't you change your tune on this a bit?  I feel like you didn't love the netting they already extended, but yeah, I agree.  I got choked up reading and watching the video of Almora talking about that.  I couldn't imagine being that father.

Bats splinter worse than they ever had, players are hitting the ball harder than they ever have.  Just keep people safe.
    Damn.  Hope she is OK.
    Didn't you change your tune on this a bit?  I feel like you didn't love the netting they already extended, but yeah, I agree.  I got choked up reading and watching the video of Almora talking about that.  I couldn't imagine being that father.

Bats splinter worse than they ever had, players are hitting the ball harder than they ever have.  Just keep people safe.
    I'm leaning more towards this now too.

Nets should be there...
    Damn.  Hope she is OK.

Yes, I did not like it and I think it was after seeing the Frazier incident that I changed my mind and said it needed to be done at all parks.  Now, I think it needs to go further.
    (I included myself in the 'us' there...)
    Damn.  Hope she is OK.

I'm leaning more towards this now too.

Nets should be there...
    Same.