Options

The Tea Party is touring!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    RobbyD462 said:

I've seen them 6 or 7 times the first being on the Transmission tour in Calgary at Mckewan Hall at the UofC.

I have front rows to the show in Victoria
    and I'm happy that they are coming.
    Vancouver gets pricey with the ferry accommodations and everything else.So I probably would have passed if there wasn't a Victoria date.

Ah, I didn't realize they were also playing Victoria. That's nice for you. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

I've seen them 6 or 7 times the first being on the Transmission tour in Calgary at Mckewan Hall at the UofC.

I have front rows to the show in Victoria
    and I'm happy that they are coming.
    Vancouver gets pricey with the ferry accommodations and everything else.So I probably would have passed if there wasn't a Victoria date.

Ah, I didn't realize they were also playing Victoria. That's nice for you. :)
    I was surprise as well and it's at the McPherson Playhouse.
    I've only been to one show there(Sam Roberts).
    Commodore would be much better though it always is.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    They hit winnipeg while im in mexico. :anguished:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Firing this up again as the boys are touring and we are going to see the TONIGHT!!!

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Firing this up again as the boys are touring and we are going to see the TONIGHT!!!

You went to the Calgary show? What did you think? I loved the Bobcaygeon cover
  • Options
    toolie said:

We did! It was awesome and the Bobcaygeon cover was  awesome very cool.
    Save Me is a great song but I wasn’t a big fan of that alternative version.  All in all it was a great show!
    where did you see them?  Martin said Calgary was the only sellout on the tour to that point 
  • Options
    RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    toolie said:

Save Me is a great song but I wasn’t a big fan of that alternative version.  All in all it was a great show!
    where did you see them?  Martin said Calgary was the only sellout on the tour to that point 
    I think you may have misheard him as they were posting about a decent number of sellouts. This is the most recent I could find.

Image may contain 3 people text

Very cool to see some other Tea Party fans around. Glad you enjoyed the show.
    I am wired and fading...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    RoeDawg13 said:
    toolie said:

I think you may have misheard him as they were posting about a decent number of sellouts. This is the most recent I could find.

Nope.  It was probably theatrical. He said “Calgary is the first sellout of the tour and knowing our history here that is certainly not Bizarre” then began playing the Bazar. Pandering to the crowd I suppose, but I can definitely hear ok from the 5th Row.

The opening act was AWFUL.  I left the viewing area.  Some alt-country beard rock act.  Vocals were too high... just bad music. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    RoeDawg13 said:
    toolie said:

Nope.  It was probably theatrical. He said “Calgary is the first sellout of the tour and knowing our history here that is certainly not Bizarre” then began playing the Bazar. Pandering to the crowd I suppose, but I can definitely hear ok from the 5th Row.

The opening act was AWFUL.  I left the viewing area.  Some alt-country beard rock act.  Vocals were too high... just bad music. 

Jeff Martin is known for saying the exact same thing at every show. Especially when he's introducing a song like that. I don't know the criteria for a sellout, but he said Winnipeg was a sell out as well. it wasn't. not even close in my eyes. I've been to many shows on the floor at that venue, and there was significantly more room on the floor for TP than any of the other acts I've seen. And empty seats all over the place in the stands. 

I have no idea why they chose the Proud Sons. They are a Winnipeg band I think, so I previewed some songs prior to the show, and it was a massive NOPE. Hate country. Hate anything that sounds remotely like country. Skipped it. Heard the last song or so, and it was brutal. They sounded really good musically, but I hated the music. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoeDawg13 said:
    toolie said:

Jeff Martin is known for saying the exact same thing at every show. Especially when he's introducing a song like that. I don't know the criteria for a sellout, but he said Winnipeg was a sell out as well. it wasn't. not even close in my eyes. I've been to many shows on the floor at that venue, and there was significantly more room on the floor for TP than any of the other acts I've seen. And empty seats all over the place in the stands. 

I have no idea why they chose the Proud Sons. They are a Winnipeg band I think, so I previewed some songs prior to the show, and it was a massive NOPE. Hate country. Hate anything that sounds remotely like country. Skipped it. Heard the last song or so, and it was brutal. They sounded really good musically, but I hated the music. 
    Yeah that’s pretty much it. I’ve seen them a half dozen times or so and he usually has a schtick. Fair enough..  I didn’t really look around to see if it was a sellout or not.   Only commented because it supposed me a bit. 

Couldnt agree more with your opinion of Proud Sons.  They suck.. period lol