Options

Horses by Patti Smith

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
I just got into this album. I've always known about it but never gave it a listen.
I am blown away! My oh my. Where has it been all my life?
Any fans here?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    It's a gem.  I haven't listened in a long time and now you're making me want to hear it again. 
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It's such a raw journey. One of the best albums of its time -- or of any time.

I do have to say that Easter gets a lot more play in my house, but that's not so much because it's better. It's more that it's easier to listen to while doing other things; Horses demands all of my attention and no distractions.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    dankind said:

I do have to say that Easter gets a lot more play in my house, but that's not so much because it's better. It's more that it's easier to listen to while doing other things; Horses demands all of my attention and no distractions.
    That's a good description.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    dankind said:

I like Till Victory on Easter.
    I've heard Because the Night before but didn't know it was a Patti Smith song.
    I agree the lyrics require your attention so you can have any hope of interpreting the meaning.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Love it.  What an awesome lady!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,983
    Don't sleep on:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    dankind said:

While not an album, I highly recommend her book, Just Kids. She is a wonderful writer.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    SD48277 said:
    dankind said:

While not an album, I highly recommend her book, Just Kids. She is a wonderful writer.
    YES!  Great book. 

I really liked M Train a lot as well.  The coffee shop, that marvelous little house that survived Sandy.  It's almost as though I could smell the coffee and salty air!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.