Options

Nick Cave...

bjf143bjf143 Posts: 147
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I was just in a music store and i picked up a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds greatest hits disc and i was gonna buy it...and then i just decided I didn't want it, so I put it back and left...

ok, now here's the thing...I don't listen to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds...in fact, asided from the PJ cover of "The Ship Song" done at Red Rock in '95, I don't know if I've ever even heard a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song!!!

so, does anyone listen to them and if so, are they any good...
"Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us."

~EV

www.myspace.com/nittanylions

Jo's Board
http:\\jojogvn2fly.proboards86.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    yes they are very good. look 'em up on myspace...
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    bjf143bjf143 Posts: 147
    kdpjam wrote:
    yes they are very good. look 'em up on myspace...

thank you :)
    "Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us."

~EV

www.myspace.com/nittanylions

Jo's Board
    http:\\jojogvn2fly.proboards86.com
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    That best of is a good place to start with him, just based on the variety of different styles he dabbles in from album to album. Depending on whether you like like the pretty quiet stuff, or the freaked out crazy stuff there are different records you might want to look into.

Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus, the most recent record is really good, I would probably recommended that one and Let Love In as good records for the unitiated, but you should still probably start with the best of.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Nick Cave is a genius. I'd recommend starting with "The Boatman's Call" which is one of my all time favourite albums.
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 691
    Anyone been to any of his words (Q & A) & piano type performances?  I got tix to Toronto today and was curious of any reviews.