2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mrussel1 said:
    I like Torts.  Did a great job in Tampa for a long time...until he didn't  
    He has only been past the 2nd round twice as a head coach...he is so over-rated...and to score 1 goal in your last 2 home playoff games is unacceptable.  Columbus has some big names available in free agency...hop Montreal goes after Duchene...
    Yep, been riding the coattails of that one Cup his entire career.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited May 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    I like Torts.  Did a great job in Tampa for a long time...until he didn't  
    He has only been past the 2nd round twice as a head coach...he is so over-rated...and to score 1 goal in your last 2 home playoff games is unacceptable.  Columbus has some big names available in free agency...hop Montreal goes after Duchene...
    Yep, been riding the coattails of that one Cup his entire career.
    Agreed.  I am beginning to think the Maple Leafs hired a coach based on 1 cup...he also has had very little success past round 2 lately.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Blues playing Animal in between puck drops.  Almost makes up for Gloria. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    that StL goal was insane.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hartford Hurricanes gonna wipe out the Bruins.
    I'll be sporting my 90s Whaler jersey.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Blues/Stars game going into OT. Kinda rooting for St. Louis.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Another classic game 7 OT coming up...NHL playoff hockey...the best.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Double OT.  Why did Tampa get rid of Bishop?  He's having a game for the ages...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    This game might kill me. It really might. We’ve played outstanding. It only took us five games to figure out how to beat Dallas’ pressure...but Bishop has been outstanding. Just amazing. 
    This game might kill me. It really might. We’ve played outstanding. It only took us five games to figure out how to beat Dallas’ pressure...but Bishop has been outstanding. Just amazing. 
    Well deserved.  Bishop was great.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I think they have Bishop's number
    Hooooooly shit!!! Phew!!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Very happy for the Blues
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    The Blues D is solid...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The Blues D is solid...
    We’re very slow though. Dallas really exposed that. Dunn is quick and can handle the puck, but the rest are soooo slow. Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson are the two who give me the most grey hair. 
    The Blues D is solid...
    We’re very slow though. Dallas really exposed that. Dunn is quick and can handle the puck, but the rest are soooo slow. Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson are the two who give me the most grey hair. 
    You know the team better than me.  But they looked good in game 7, from my perspective.  My 1st choice would be to see the Blues win the Cup, 2nd choice SJ.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Being a Blackhawks fan I am supposed to hate the Blues.  I certainly don't like them, but I was a big fan of Brett Hull growing up and I dislike Dallas more.  So, I'm pleased that the Blues have eliminated them but that is the last I root for St. Louis.  I will say their fans deserve the thrill & spoils of seeing their team lift the Cup, though.
    The Blues D is solid...
    You know the team better than me.  But they looked good in game 7, from my perspective.  My 1st choice would be to see the Blues win the Cup, 2nd choice SJ.
    Oh they absolutely looked great last night. It took almost the whole series for us to figure out how to break the Dallas one man up front press. Either east west passes across the whole width of the ice and then a quick pass up to the forwards, or having a speedy D like Dunn just blowing down the middle. 
    Obviously the Blues are my first pick. I’d be okay with Carolina or Colorado winning since they’ve won behind. Then San Jose even though that would be another team beating us to a Cup who joined much later. My last choice would be Boston, because Fuck David Backes. Our moronic fans hold that guy on a pedestal and I’m so glad he’s being exposed as a hack. Seeing him hold the cup would be a nightmare come true. Sorry Bruins fans. It’s nothing against your team. 
    The Blues D is solid...
    Oh they absolutely looked great last night. It took almost the whole series for us to figure out how to break the Dallas one man up front press. Either east west passes across the whole width of the ice and then a quick pass up to the forwards, or having a speedy D like Dunn just blowing down the middle. 
    Obviously the Blues are my first pick. I’d be okay with Carolina or Colorado winning since they’ve won behind. Then San Jose even though that would be another team beating us to a Cup who joined much later. My last choice would be Boston, because Fuck David Backes. Our moronic fans hold that guy on a pedestal and I’m so glad he’s being exposed as a hack. Seeing him hold the cup would be a nightmare come true. Sorry Bruins fans. It’s nothing against your team. 
    Fuck rat face Marchand. 
    Being a Blackhawks fan I am supposed to hate the Blues.  I certainly don't like them, but I was a big fan of Brett Hull growing up and I dislike Dallas more.  So, I'm pleased that the Blues have eliminated them but that is the last I root for St. Louis.  I will say their fans deserve the thrill & spoils of seeing their team lift the Cup, though.
    I liked Hull, but God did I love Al Macinnis.  He had that 100 mph slapper from the point, that came off like a ton of bricks.  Dude had to back off of it for fear of hurting people.  How many players have ever done that??
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No Sharks and I can deal.  Sharks winning is worst result -- f them.

Very exciting action in OT last night.  Dallas really stepped up in extra time after being outworked the last two periods, but STL found the goal they needed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mrussel1 said:
    I liked Hull, but God did I love Al Macinnis.  He had that 100 mph slapper from the point, that came off like a ton of bricks.  Dude had to back off of it for fear of hurting people.  How many players have ever done that??

Ranking the 10 Hardest Slap Shots in NHL History

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2679131-ranking-the-10-hardest-slap-shots-in-nhl-history#slide1

According to the bleacher report, you would be correct.  Look, he did it with a wooden stick...how 'bout that.

If he did let off his shot, it likely was to prevent injuring a teammate in front of the net.  But even then, I'm not convinced he would take much off his shot...he sure as heck was not doing it help his opponents.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:

Ranking the 10 Hardest Slap Shots in NHL History

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2679131-ranking-the-10-hardest-slap-shots-in-nhl-history#slide1

According to the bleacher report, you would be correct.  Look, he did it with a wooden stick...how 'bout that.

If he did let off his shot, it likely was to prevent injuring a teammate in front of the net.  But even then, I'm not convinced he would take much off his shot...he sure as heck was not doing it help his opponents.
    I remember hearing/reading that he did take something off during power plays but to protect players in general, not just his own.  He also tried to keep it down.  Who knows how much that means, but I just remember that from back in the day.  He was dangerous out there.  Split a goalie's mask in half one time.  
    mrussel1 said:
    I remember playing NHL '94 on SNES.  You could never shut out Calgary because he'd ALWAYS end up with a one-timer. Never failed.

mrussel1 said:
    I remember playing NHL '94 on SNES.  You could never shut out Calgary because he'd ALWAYS end up with a one-timer. Never failed.

Ha, it's like a glitch in Double Dribble down in the corner with teh Lakers.  You couldn't miss.  
    Here's something I didn't know about Al..

In 1999, he injured teammate and goalie Rich Parent during warmups, breaking his protective cup and rupturing a testicle.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Pulling for St Louis I always root for the underdog!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I am one of the few who believes if the wooden stick was brought back and made mandatory scoring would go up.  Those new sticks break way too easily and a lot of the time it happens at the worst time...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I am one of the few who believes if the wooden stick was brought back and made mandatory scoring would go up.  Those new sticks break way too easily and a lot of the time it happens at the worst time...
    Bring back the wood and shrink the pads of the goalie?  I'd be good with that.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Bring back the wood and shrink the pads of the goalie?  I'd be good with that.  
    Yes, especially the goalie equipment.  If they were serious about head injuries they'd also re-introduce the older shoulder and elbow pads, the new equipment is like body armour.
    Give Peas A Chance…