Music streaming has a terrible carbon footprint

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Fascinating.  I found this interesting:  "The point of this research is not to ruin one of life’s greatest pleasures, but to encourage consumers to become more curious about the choices they make as they consume culture."  This statement refers to the choices consumers make about the medium for which they make music purchases but I would also include that it would be useful for consumers to be more curious and discerning about the quality of the music medium they consume.

I posted a thread with an article in "Other Music" that talks about this. In particular, there is an interesting section of the article that talks about analog vs CD's vs mp3's.  That thread received 41 views but zero responses which, for a music related forum, seems unfortunate to me.  It's one of the best articles about the evolution of recorded music I've read in a good while. Maybe it's just too long for the average internet browser these day but if any here are so inclined so take the time to read it, it's an excellent article:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    The Other Music forum has always (atleast since Tenclub paywalled the forum) been surpringsly dead. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    The Other Music forum has always (atleast since Tenclub paywalled the forum) been surpringsly dead. 
    It's one forum I always check out.  Let's make it more active!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,217
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Agreed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,936
    Funny enough, I’m rarely interested in PJ news anymore (there’s only so many far away 4-city baseball park tours and perpetually delayed albums I care to hear about), so Other Music and AMT are the only two sections I typically look at. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    benjs said:
    Funny enough, I’m rarely interested in PJ news anymore (there’s only so many far away 4-city baseball park tours and perpetually delayed albums I care to hear about), so Other Music and AMT are the only two sections I typically look at. 
    I check out Other Music also Hoping for an Alive thread with animated discussions about Millencolin. 

Havent happend yet though. 

The Neil Young three is quite Alive atleast. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"