Options

Iggy Pop is the Shit

OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
edited August 2007 in Other Music
He kicked my ass at Lollapalooza... I didn't even really want to see him, but my friend insisted... I'm glad I agreed! He can still rock it! He told everyone to come on stage and we thought he was joking.. no joking from Iggy, a bunch of people joined him on stage! He rocks, his music is good too, I'm a converted Iggy fan :D
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Say it loud, say it proud: You Got Stooged!!!!!

A girlfriend of mine got the same treatment and she'll never be the same. I hate her. And you.

Congratulations, you lucky bitches.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    I need to see Iggy again
  • Options
    bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    I don't know what's so special about that skinny bastard
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Iggy usually invites fans on stage during "The Passenger", he's a quite the energetic performer. I've seen him several times, never disappointed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    I seen a clip of him years ago live, I vaguely remember a smallish crowd indoors and they are going off, Iggy literally walks across their heads, cradling a monster size jar of peanut butter and flings it everywhere.

People often mistake him for Bowie on commercial radio.
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    bestsane wrote:
    I don't know what's so special about that skinny bastard

Go grab a Iggy & The Stooges best of and then play it ten times and then get back to me ;)

Lust for Life, man.
  • Options
    You haven't lived until you've seen Iggy hump an amplifier.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Yeah Iggy was amazing. He is one incredible showman.

Mike Watt impressed me too.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    You haven't lived until you've seen Iggy hump an amplifier.
    I'll never forget walking into an Iggy show at Avalon maybe 15 years ago, we were running late, he had already taken the stage, and "Lust For Life" was booming as we entered.
    We stopped to get our tickets ripped, and you heven't enterd the actual club at this point, then you walk in and all you see is Iggy on stage, jeans around his ankles in leopard print bikini briefs...and the crowd, even the males, are just eating it up.

Pound for pound (cause he's the tiniest rocker I've ever met) the best showman around.

Anothe funny Iggy story: I nearly knocked him off stage at the Paradise...he was the "host" for the WBCN Rumble finals one year (I'm guessing around 1990ish), he came out between the finalists and played a couple of numbers by himself. We were standing on the left of the stage which is where he entered from, I got his attention and high fived him, him being rather small and kind of trashed (he was behind us in the crowd later pounding Heinekens), my high 5 almost knocked him off the Paradise stage.
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    The Stooges at the 9:30 Club is the best show I have seen this year so far.
  • Options
    He kicked my ass at Lollapalooza... I didn't even really want to see him, but my friend insisted... I'm glad I agreed! He can still rock it! He told everyone to come on stage and we thought he was joking.. no joking from Iggy, a bunch of people joined him on stage! He rocks, his music is good too, I'm a converted Iggy fan :D

I know it was The Stooges playing but did he play any of his songs as a solo artist? Wild America or Lust For Life. Anything like that?
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I know it was The Stooges playing but did he play any of his songs as a solo artist? Wild America or Lust For Life. Anything like that?

All Stooges stuff which was great! Even though he has great solo material I like the fact that it was a Stooges show.

I converted my wife and her nephew with that Lollapalooza performance. All my wife's nephew, 24, said was "That was awesome" with this big grin.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    yeah he really is shit
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    lars wrote:
    yeah he really is shit

...of course he's NOT... and I would love to hear The Stooges live.

I've got one of their live CD's upstairs and it's great. I bet they would be great fun to see at a show.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    He played at a festival in Australia last Friday and I got to see him.  72 yo and still ROCKS.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    kind of an overrated....but decent.....myth.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    seen him multiple times over a couple of decades+. wished i had seen him open for PJ
    metallic KO still one of the best live albums ever // https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallic_K.O.
    i gave him the middle finger in true punk rock style 20 years ago....set list below (1999)
    1. Encore:
  • Options
    Pound for pound one of the most dynamic performers around.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    I'm just grateful that he was happy to get on a plane and come all the way to Australia at his age.. (not like some other musicians we know who are 20 years younger and who obviously don't want to come down here anymore).