*** Jacksonville, FL Fanviews Here 4/13/16 ***

12346»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    DSTRUB said:

The most fun I've had in GA!

i will never forget that night for the rest of my life!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

2 years ago today.. The most epic thing happens to me.. Thank you PJ.. Thanks u friends... Ill never forget it... GHOST STORY:im asking this song for alot of tours as requrest..i went to all shows in 2012,except 1,,misoula,they play there..i went to all at 2014,except one,leeds,they play it there..i went to 7 shows in south america 2015 shows,they play it at the 8th show.- ,bogota,where they dedicate it to me and edie said"this was for the Greek with out apologies."..The night before show at jacksoville 2016.. we went dinner my friends and myself to a bar and met a Boris and his wife..great friends and fans..then ray has this idea he dressed up like ghost at the show..next day all friends we stay in the same hotel stole all their pillow cases from their rooms and wrote" Ghost for the greek..was like 7 of them...caro and manuel made those and ray dressed up as ghost..and then whishlist sold play ghost for dimi stickers so they raise money for thwir great causes
    So at the show friends put ray on their arms so eddie see it and all raise up the pillow cover..one of them made it to the stage after eddie ask it..he read it after thr last song at main set

At encore 1 Ed holds up a pillow case on says.."u fuckers dont let me do my job.. “I will think on it. No, I will sleep on it. That is what I am supposed to do right?”
    Afrer couples of songs..he says
    “That was Jeff Ament on the bass. And he came up with this next one that came with the pillow case. This is for the Greek with our apologies.”(cos i ask this song as request so many years and always they play it at the next show i went!!)
    Then he change the lyrics and sings"..Dimitri,he talks to me ".........
    Ed asks Killie to light up the person dressed like a ghost in the pit waving a Greek flag
    he says".Killie,the Ghost in the middle..thats a fuckin happy ghost"
    At the end of the song Ed comments, “alright.."start claping and says.." that’s a friendly ghost.” 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Three years already. Best PJ crowd experience we've had.

Busting out the boot tonight!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    My first time in GA was almost ruined but then everything became great.
    Such a fun time.
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    My first time in GA was almost ruined but then everything became great.
    Such a fun time.
    Definitely a fun show. Still can’t believe it’s been 3 years since we hungout together that night!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.