Options

I don't know who Elisabeth Hasselbeck is...

2»

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    From the clip, I’m siding with Hasselbeck. Barbara seemed to be talking down to her. Just my initial thought.
    No way, screw that dumb cow. What a baby. :lol: She's against the morning after pill FFS, which prevents pregnancy before there is even a fertilized embryo, and is a godsend for women who were raped. Fuck her. I've never heard of her before, but I hate her guts already, both for her ridiculous attitude, and her sickening opinion about emergency contraception. She's part of the reason desperate women go into pharmacies and get turned away by idiot pharmacists who listen to people like this asshole.
    She was absolutely freaking out and getting all screechy and hysterical. Barbara was right, and her superior in the situation, and her elder. That silly twat needed someone to tell her to calm the fuck down... too bad she's too much of a nitwit to take the advice. Instead she had a tantrum like a little kid who lacks insight even for a little kid.
    Bad day? Jesus lol........ now what if a pro-lifer used that language to address you and your opinion? And we wonder why everything is polarized and fucked

Dumb cow, fuck her, i hate her guts, ridiculous, sickening, asshole, screachy, hysterical, silly twat, nitwit.........

Or how about if i spoke about a woman like that i disagreed with on any issue??? Called a woman a dumb cow and a silly twat that is screachy and hysterical and i hated her guts? Not a good look, right? 
    Yeah thought the same. Hoping just a bad day as you said. We all have them.
    Nope, again, it wasn't a bad day at all! It was Friday! :)
    Well...ok then. Seemed awfully harsh for a difference of opinion. 
    I think I said above, I consider opinions like that about on the same level as hate speech. So I don't think any language is harsh enough when confronting such harmful opinions.
    And some people on the other side think you support the murder of babies and hate you like you hate her.... and here we are, everybody screaming at each other and hating one another...

Same level as hate speech? C'mon
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    From the clip, I’m siding with Hasselbeck. Barbara seemed to be talking down to her. Just my initial thought.
    No way, screw that dumb cow. What a baby. :lol: She's against the morning after pill FFS, which prevents pregnancy before there is even a fertilized embryo, and is a godsend for women who were raped. Fuck her. I've never heard of her before, but I hate her guts already, both for her ridiculous attitude, and her sickening opinion about emergency contraception. She's part of the reason desperate women go into pharmacies and get turned away by idiot pharmacists who listen to people like this asshole.
    She was absolutely freaking out and getting all screechy and hysterical. Barbara was right, and her superior in the situation, and her elder. That silly twat needed someone to tell her to calm the fuck down... too bad she's too much of a nitwit to take the advice. Instead she had a tantrum like a little kid who lacks insight even for a little kid.
    Bad day? Jesus lol........ now what if a pro-lifer used that language to address you and your opinion? And we wonder why everything is polarized and fucked

Dumb cow, fuck her, i hate her guts, ridiculous, sickening, asshole, screachy, hysterical, silly twat, nitwit.........

Or how about if i spoke about a woman like that i disagreed with on any issue??? Called a woman a dumb cow and a silly twat that is screachy and hysterical and i hated her guts? Not a good look, right? 
    Yeah thought the same. Hoping just a bad day as you said. We all have them.
    Nope, again, it wasn't a bad day at all! It was Friday! :)
    Well...ok then. Seemed awfully harsh for a difference of opinion. 
    I think I said above, I consider opinions like that about on the same level as hate speech. So I don't think any language is harsh enough when confronting such harmful opinions.
    And some people on the other side think you support the murder of babies and hate you like you hate her.... and here we are, everybody screaming at each other and hating one another...

Same level as hate speech? C'mon
    And I don't care about the people who think I support the murder of babies at all - they can hate me all they want. No matter what, they have no right to say what other people do with their own bodies. I'm not telling them what to do with their bodies. There are not two reasonable sides in this debate ... especially since being against emergency contraception makes absolutely no sense scientifically. The morning after pill does not kill babies. It either temporarily stops the release of an egg from the ovary, stops the egg from being federalized, or stops a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. The process of growing a fetus doesn't even begin when using the pill she spouts off against. All her crap does is harm desperate women and create unwanted babies. 

I have no problem with the concept of right and wrong in this context. I am never going to say that wrong is somehow equal to right, or that wrong has to be respected. I'm not saying that this is something happening with all issues at all (I'm NOT saying everything I think is right and everyone else is always wrong, for example, so everyone can spare me, lol). But right and wrong is clearly defined in some cases as far as I'm concerned. Like with Nazis and racists for example. And with "pro-lifers". And with anti-vaxxers. And with people who want creationism taught in public schools instead of evolution. Shit like that. Sometimes right and wrong is clear IMO. People should stop being afraid of standing up for what is right because some think that we should be getting along with terrible people or those with dangerous, harmful ideas.
    And look where just sitting back and letting these creeps spout off has gotten us... states are now legislating against this stuff and trying to get Roe vs Wade through the SCOTUS again. Fuck that. Being "nice" hasn't worked.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    Asked my local library to get the book. Here's hoping. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"