Options

~~~Off-i-cal~~~ March Madness 2019

13»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    ehbacon said:
    Okay I'm sorry but I need to brag about my bracket real quick. Currently I'm ranked 11,870 out of the 17.2 million brackets submitted to ESPN, so better than 99.93% of brackets. I had 14/16 sweet sixteen teams, 7/8 elite eight teams, and still have all four final four teams in. I'll probably never have this good of a bracket again, so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts. Here's the bracket if anyone is curious:

I have Duke vs. Texas Tech and Virginia vs. Kentucky in the final four, and Virginia beating Duke in the championship game. only game I missed from the sweet sixteen was Purdue over Tennessee and that went to overtime. 

NICE JOB!!

That is one hell of a Bracket there!!!

i'm in the 94% in one of my brackets. Think i'm ranked like 1 million though. If Mich. St. beats Virginia in the finals i should be higher.

SWEET!

I have 1 bracket left with Michigan State winning it all.

98% tile and ranked 379k now
    Well so much for that happening. Surprised Texas Tech knocked out Mich. St.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Poor closeout fouling the Virginia shooter at the end of the game.

Missed double dribble right before that though which likely would have ended the game for all intents and purposes.

Auburn. Sheesh.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Poor closeout fouling the Virginia shooter at the end of the game.

Missed double dribble right before that though which likely would have ended the game for all intents and purposes.

Auburn. Sheesh.
    10 point lead blown in the last 2 minutes?

Dude on Virginia was stone cold shooting those free throws.  Coach tried to ice him by calling a timeout but it didn't help.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    As a UVa alum who suffered greatly last year, yesterday was pretty awesome.  Most of my fellow UVa fans were just hoping for a trip to the Final Four.  It will be nice to wear UVa t-shirts in public again.  

This was posted on Twitter:

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    here’s a final no one but alums could care about.

are there NBA games tonight?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Wobbie said:
    here’s a final no one but alums could care about.

are there NBA games tonight?
    no
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Some guy made a bet that Tech would win the whole thing at the beginning of the season for $1200 that would net $300K. He sold the ticket for $60K before the final 4. Most likely he is a huge Tech fan (or a degenerate gambler ... but a degenerate would have probably kept the bet). 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Jason P said:
    Some guy made a bet that Tech would win the whole thing at the beginning of the season for $1200 that would net $300K. He sold the ticket for $60K before the final 4. Most likely he is a huge Tech fan (or a degenerate gambler ... but a degenerate would have probably kept the bet). 
    last i saw is he tried to sell it for $60k but got no takers so still has the ticket. 
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Live in Charlottesville, can't stand UVA.  When they lost last year it was the funniest thing I've witnessed in sports, and that comedy will be erased forever if UVA wins tonight.  Come the fuck on, Red Raiders!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    last i saw is he tried to sell it for $60k but got no takers so still has the ticket. 
    Time to hedge if that's the case.
    Put down like $130,000 to win 100K on UVA on the money line (like he has that much cash lying around) and then collect either 99K or 170K.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    Put down like $130,000 to win 100K on UVA on the money line (like he has that much cash lying around) and then collect either 99K or 170K.
    Good call!
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    you sound like some type of degenerate gambler.

P.S. drove by the "singles" apartment building this weekend and thought of you....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    good game.....was actually rooting for TT...before replay, the ball batted away from the italian dude on TT NEVER would have been overturned.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,164
    Game was a turd 1st 5 minutes, think it was 4-2

can't believe it turned into a classic.... UVA surviving last 3 games, wild stuff 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Live in Charlottesville, can't stand UVA.  When they lost last year it was the funniest thing I've witnessed in sports, and that comedy will be erased forever if UVA wins tonight.  Come the fuck on, Red Raiders!
    UVA could win every title, but they will always be the #1 team that lost to a 16 seed. May never happen again. Will never be forgotten.  all it does is take the sting off a little. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    Well, he probably died of a heart attack before knowing he lost the bet.  Gotta look at things with the glass is half full perspective. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    UVA could win every title, but they will always be the #1 team that lost to a 16 seed. May never happen again. Will never be forgotten.  all it does is take the sting off a little. 
    This is the best redemption you could ask for since Lloyd traded the Shag’n Wagon. 
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    you sound like some type of degenerate gambler.

P.S. drove by the "singles" apartment building this weekend and thought of you....
    Reformed degenerate gambler. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

If offered the combination of the two or neither... I'd take the combination of the two in a flash. One wouldn't have happened without the other (fate and destiny are what they are).

That being said: what a horseshit tripping call and I did not 'conclusively' see the ball of the pinky finger. Virginia is a worthy champion, but it's fair to say they had some help.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203

If offered the combination of the two or neither... I'd take the combination of the two in a flash. One wouldn't have happened without the other (fate and destiny are what they are).

That being said: what a horseshit tripping call and I did not 'conclusively' see the ball of the pinky finger. Virginia is a worthy champion, but it's fair to say they had some help.
    i hate that replay call. it's not really the spirit of the rule that one one hundreth of an inch oh his pinky hit the ball last (kind of like a guys foot comes .1/10 of  an inch off the base in baseball and they are out). Hunter knocked the ball out.  Also missed was that Morelli got fouled by Guy at half court before Hunter knocked it out and no call.

Tech's biggest mistake was letting Hunter get the wide open 3 to tie in the last 20 seconds. let Jerome take the layout there and you are still up one but four guys collapsed into the lane.

Virginia in the last 3 games hit some huge shots. It's crazy looking back how many plays went Virginia's way. Any number of about 10 plays if they go different we have an entirely different champion.

first weekend of the tournament sucked but from the regionals on the games were fantastic. great game last night.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i hate that replay call. it's not really the spirit of the rule that one one hundreth of an inch oh his pinky hit the ball last (kind of like a guys foot comes .1/10 of  an inch off the base in baseball and they are out). Hunter knocked the ball out.  Also missed was that Morelli got fouled by Guy at half court before Hunter knocked it out and no call.

Tech's biggest mistake was letting Hunter get the wide open 3 to tie in the last 20 seconds. let Jerome take the layout there and you are still up one but four guys collapsed into the lane.

Virginia in the last 3 games hit some huge shots. It's crazy looking back how many plays went Virginia's way. Any number of about 10 plays if they go different we have an entirely different champion.

first weekend of the tournament sucked but from the regionals on the games were fantastic. great game last night.
    Although I tend to agree somewhat... TT swarms to the ball. It might have been emphasized as 'situational' (late in the game), but the team defence was doing what it always does- tough for all of those kids to understand time and situation in what was a chaotic closing moment. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    My Final 4 teams.  Well I did 2 entries.  Main one i had Duke, Michigan, Virginia and Iowa St. Duke over Virginia

Second one I had Michigan St. Michigan, Virginia and Kentucky with Mich. St. beating Virginia.
    You trust Virginia?
    yes :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD